Dubai Issues List Of Prohibited Public Behaviours

Topic locked
Mar 26, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:My observation:

Arab culture: men "air kiss". Lebanese kiss three times, Egyptian 2 times, as do the women. Italian men and women "kiss" on the check when they meet.

Asian culture: What I have seen in Dubai goes way over the casual. Asians not only hold hands but I have seen them with their arms wrapped around each others waist or one has his arm draped over the shoulders of the one he is walking with and sometimes the free hand is resting on the other one's chest. They literally hang on each other. If a married couple did that it would probably be considered unacceptable.

Well observed kitty!
Ur analysis on Asians was bang on........ :)

I think maybe any nationality when deprived of the opposite s*x in labour camps for years on end must have many individuals who would behave the same way, no? Of course I would just shoot myself.... :D

Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2009
naruto wrote:
Nucleus wrote:
naruto wrote:
Nucleus wrote:
naruto wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Can men stop going round holding hands and kissing one another too? This is embarrassing to see. I find that offensive!

yes we can...when we go to another country which find it offensive according to thier laws..here in UAE men holds hands and kiss each other not on the lips offcorse..but we dont mind it ..if u mind it its not my problem..i cant force ur country to do the same and stop ppl from kissing each others in public..ur country and ur ppl can do not me. ..in ur country i will not do that ..but i think i have the right to do it in my country...

From Islamic point of view, something doesn't seem right.

diffrenets in views and different clutures..and yes from islamic point of view holding hands for men is allowed.. if i hold my friend hands does not mean im gay..its ur inner intention that determin wether its HALAL or HARAM..try to figure this out :lol:

It doesn't mean gay, but it is disliked:

The hugging and kissing that people do in 'Eed is included in this dislikeability for the general meaning of the narration reported by Anas which reads: "A man asked: "O Prophet of Allaah, when a man amongst us meets his brother, should he bow to him." The Prophet replied: "No." The man asked again: "Can he hug him and kiss him? The Prophet replied: "No." The man further asked: "Can he shake hands with him." The Prophet said: "Yes."

http://english.islamweb.net/ver2/Fatwa/ ... on=FatwaId

its disliked...didnt say its HARAM or its a sin...big different ..for example its disliked for a women in islam to Intermingle with unknown males at work..its disliked in islam to shave ur bear..many things we do normaly are disliked in islam but they are from out traditions ..now its disliked in islam to shave ur bear but many muslims do shave ..its does not mean its not allowed or its harm and its a sin..big different her my dear friend.
actuly its allowed in islam to hug another male if he was coming from a journy, ie u havent seen him for long time ..

this is from the same link:-
We have already clarified in Fataawa 84311 and 87730 that a man hugging and kissing another man who has not come back from a trip is disliked and we provided evidence in this regard.

Ibn Al-Haaj from the Maaliki school, said in one of his books regarding the issue of hugging in 'Eed: 'A man should not hug and kiss another man who is resident with him, i.e. who is not coming from a journey.'

i hope its clear for you now :D
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 26, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:My observation:

Arab culture: men "air kiss". Lebanese kiss three times, Egyptian 2 times, as do the women. Italian men and women "kiss" on the check when they meet.

Asian culture: What I have seen in Dubai goes way over the casual. Asians not only hold hands but I have seen them with their arms wrapped around each others waist or one has his arm draped over the shoulders of the one he is walking with and sometimes the free hand is resting on the other one's chest. They literally hang on each other. If a married couple did that it would probably be considered unacceptable.

Well observed kitty!
Ur analysis on Asians was bang on........ :)

I think maybe any nationality when deprived of the opposite s*x in labour camps for years on end must have many individuals who would behave the same way, no? Of course I would just shoot myself.... :D

Yea dude, ur rit......I really feel for these guy's in labour camps, life is jus so cruel. Moreso in a place like Dubai, where all this glamour and wealth is jus floating around, these labours can see it all but can't touch any of it!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Two men that hold hands, longer than a second or five after meeting up with eachother....IS No Doubttt...Gayy.

I'm getting shivers round my spine, while saying that.... :pottytrain2:

Are you cheating on me??
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 26, 2009
naruto, I read what you said, tell me why it is not allowed for women and allowed for men. And include kissing too. Hadith prohibits kissing of men with each other, read the fatwa below.

What is prescribed when meeting is to say salaams and shake hands. If a person has come from a journey then it is prescribed to embrace him. As for kissing at every meeting, this is not part of the Sunnah of greeting, rather it is narrated that this is disallowed.

.... But as for exchanging kisses every morning, there is no doubt that this is not prescribed, and it is a strange phenomenon that is alien to Muslim societies. There is the fear that it may be taken as a means by those in whose hearts is a disease to engage in haraam physical pleasure within the framework of another phenomenon which is called admiration, which is undoubtedly a haraam kind of infatuation.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/60351

I've to agree with Choco on this one, which doesn't happen often. :shock:
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 26, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
RobbyG wrote:Two men that hold hands, longer than a second or five after meeting up with eachother....IS No Doubttt...Gayy.

I'm getting shivers round my spine, while saying that.... :pottytrain2:

Are you cheating on me??

Did I miss something? We just virtually came out of the closet together and now you accuse me of being gay!?

I'm coming to get you honey :lol: :wink:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 27, 2009
Nucleus wrote:naruto, I read what you said, tell me why it is not allowed for women and allowed for men. And include kissing too. Hadith prohibits kissing of men with each other, read the fatwa below.

not allowed for women in public ,i guess..

What is prescribed when meeting is to say salaams and shake hands. If a person has come from a journey then it is prescribed to embrace him. As for kissing at every meeting, this is not part of the Sunnah of greeting, rather it is narrated that this is disallowed.

.... But as for exchanging kisses every morning, there is no doubt that this is not prescribed, and it is a strange phenomenon that is alien to Muslim societies. There is the fear that it may be taken as a means by those in whose hearts is a disease to engage in haraam physical pleasure within the framework of another phenomenon which is called admiration, which is undoubtedly a haraam kind of infatuation.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/60351

I've to agree with Choco on this one, which doesn't happen often. :shock:

didnt we discuss this issue before.. :lol: ..now for women its not alloed in public ..islam said so ..for men its( MAKROOH)..so as far as i know my islamic religon very well ..u cant prove otherwise from QURAN..

if u agree with choc thats ur opinion ..but in the end u cant impose ur opinions outside ur country ..so u can agree or disagree with som1 but in the end u have to obay the laws.. :D
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 27, 2009
naruto wrote:didnt we discuss this issue before.. :lol: ..now for women its not alloed in public ..islam said so ..for men its( MAKROOH)..so as far as i know my islamic religon very well ..u cant prove otherwise from QURAN..

Fatwa is there, you are more knowledgeable than that sheik?
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 27, 2009
I'm gonna stop watching/following this topic dudes, cause I'm almost puking my butt off when I see this picture of those men aboven kissing.... :pukeleft:

Just to let you know... I don't like public gayishness. Rather see two woman make out with eachother.

Awfulll GRosss. Iewwww. spit spittt crapper. ;)

I'm out.
RobbyG

Mar 27, 2009
here is a quote that sums up the western attitude to Dubai, including mine,

"Dubai is desperate to be loved. It's the kid at school with parents that bought the best and newest games. You go round, play with them, ignore him because he's boring and don't care if you break anything because its not yours anyway".
moejoe
Dubai Forum User

Mar 27, 2009
moejoe wrote:here is a quote that sums up the western attitude to Dubai, including mine,

"Dubai is desperate to be loved. It's the kid at school with parents that bought the best and newest games. You go round, play with them, ignore him because he's boring and don't care if you break anything because its not yours anyway".

Crap
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 27, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
moejoe wrote:here is a quote that sums up the western attitude to Dubai, including mine,

Crap

Yeah, I laid an egg also, just yet....

Out 8)
RobbyG

Mar 27, 2009

Ignore the troll.....
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2009
Speedhump wrote:

Ignore the troll.....

Yes ignore, just like you filthy kufrs ignore the religion and culture of the UAE, just like you ignore the people as if they are the ones out of place. Just like you try to develop your own little colonies, and live in Dubai as if its you own the country yet you have no loyalties to it, and dont even act with consideration to the culture and religion. My mother is Emirati and she wears the full veil and I am disgusted that when she returned to Dubai she was stared at by slutty disrespectful whores and had to tolerate comments from western kufr cunts. As if she was the one with something to be ashamed of. My cousins are fed up with westerners acting with tension the minute an Emirati walks into a cafe. They are fed up hearing anti Islamic comments by western pricks whenever the Athaan goes off in a mall, why do they go there if they hate the race, culture and religion?

Anyways having, been to London, having seen how in racist westerners are to Arabs and how much they hate Muslims I can assure many young emiratis will no longer be tolerating you kuffr cunts.
moejoe
Dubai Forum User

Mar 27, 2009
moejoe wrote:
Speedhump wrote:

Ignore the troll.....

Yes ignore, just like you filthy kufrs ignore the religion and culture of the UAE, just like you ignore the people as if they are the ones out of place. Just like you try to develop your own little colonies, and live in Dubai as if its you own the country yet you have no loyalties to it, and dont even act with consideration to the culture and religion. My mother is Emirati and she wears the full veil and I am disgusted that when she returned to Dubai she was stared at by slutty disrespectful whores and had to tolerate comments from western kufr cunts. As if she was the one with something to be ashamed of. My cousins are fed up with westerners acting with tension the minute an Emirati walks into a cafe. They are fed up hearing anti Islamic comments by western pricks whenever the Athaan goes off in a mall, why do they go there if they hate the race, culture and religion?

Anyways having, been to London, having seen how in racist westerners are to Arabs and how much they hate Muslims I can assure many young emiratis will no longer be tolerating you kuffr cunts.

I think your post will be edited for your digraceful language. Not very respectul and quite irreligious. Permit me to say you are no Muslim with such behaviour. Thank God the majority of peope are not like you. Most westerners here are not as you described, and thankfully most Emiratis are not at hate filled and intolerant as you, whatever rock you crawled out from under.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2009
hey guys, why do the idiots always pick my post to reply to :D :D :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
moejoe wrote:
Speedhump wrote:

Ignore the troll.....

I think your post will be edited for your digraceful language. Not very respectul and quite irreligious. Permit me to say you are no Muslim with such behaviour. Thank God the majority of peope are not like you. Most westerners here are not as you described, and thankfully most Emiratis are not at hate filled and intolerant as you, whatever rock you crawled out from under.

I am a Muslim, and infact most other Emirati's also despise the type of westerners that I refer to. Maybe you do not interact with many Emiratis or just a few.
moejoe
Dubai Forum User

Mar 27, 2009
moejoe wrote:
Speedhump wrote:

Ignore the troll.....

You said you've been to London. Those guys are puppies compared to Europe. They even hold out Mr. Wilders, afraid that by lecturing his freedom of speech, a small muslim riot may occur... C'mon the English are puppies for muslims. So it cannot be taken serious what you said.

And ok, suppose all expats and Westerners alike leave Dubai instantly...are you going to foot the electricity, water bills that will exploid upwards since the desalination plant still has to work to get a few liters of water up for what? 10 percent emirati residents...?

Not even mentioning the ghosttown it will become and truly unaffordable for the locals. You guys NEED people to sustain growth.

What a short-fused MoJo are you dude. More toasted than my crapper... :pottytrain5:

I'm getting MB tickles again....oh boy :lol:
RobbyG

Mar 27, 2009
moejoe wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
moejoe wrote:
Speedhump wrote:

Ignore the troll.....

I am a Muslim, and infact most other Emirati's also despise the type of westerners that I refer to. Maybe you do not interact with many Emiratis or just a few.

I don't accept that you are a good Muslim because your aggression and bad language is completely un-islamic. You are a poor Muslim, your mother would be ashamed at your behaviour.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2009
I also am ashamed and disgusted at the behaviour and dress of SOME 'westerners' but your attitude of 'you people' to every westerner is a disgrace. I am not 'you people' and I will thank you not to post here with such racist comments.

If you went to London I guess you missed the Muslim ghettos of Leicester, Bradford, etc. NO INTEGRATION leads to distrust and bad feelings on both side., not only in the UAE. I guess your family have a 5 bedroom house near to Marble Arch so you don't come anywhere near these enclaves, but they are also on the increase in London too.

If you want to be educated about the way of things outside of the ME:
http://www.rferl.org/content/article/1061340.html
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
moejoe wrote:
Speedhump wrote:

Ignore the troll.....

You said you've been to London. Those guys are puppies compared to Europe. They even hold out Mr. Wilders, afraid that by lecturing his freedom of speech, a small muslim riot may occur... C'mon the English are puppies for muslims. So it cannot be taken serious what you said.

And ok, suppose all expats and Westerners alike leave Dubai instantly...are you going to foot the electricity, water bills that will exploid upwards since the desalination plant still has to work to get a few liters of water up for what? 10 percent emirati residents...?

Not even mentioning the ghosttown it will become and truly unaffordable for the locals. You guys NEED people to sustain growth.

What a short-fused MoJo are you dude. More toasted than my crapper... :pottytrain5:

I'm getting MB tickles again....oh boy :lol:

Yes puppies, women in Hijabs being spat on, women in Veils having it ripped off. Students getting beaten and killed for being Arab/Muslim. And you call London puppies for Muslims? Maybe I have anger because I know these things happen, and then I see westerners in Dubai lording it like with no respect. Also, if more Emiratis knew what I knew they would not stay quiet. And I have been to Geneva and it is nowhere near as bad
moejoe
Dubai Forum User

Mar 27, 2009
I honestly don't believe this unless you can give us some proof.

Offcourse excesses happen but I'm not buying it simply for someone his word. Show it to me whats troubling you.

And don't be so short fused son. We're no bully's here. Make your point...
RobbyG

Mar 27, 2009
RobbyG wrote:I honestly don't believe this unless you can give us some proof.

Offcourse excesses happen but I'm not buying it simply for someone his word. Show it to me whats troubling you.

Robby he can't give proof that there has ever been anything more than isolated incidents, but he just 'knows' it happens, see?

There are racial killings all over the world. the Emirati in his Hummer that ran over an English woman TWICE outside a hotel here proves that.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2009
Yeah thats true.

Why do people always hammer on isolated incidents.
Open up people. The whole world is rotten and it makes no difference whether your muslim or christian, jew or atheist, whatever...

We are all the same. We simply have to get along with eachother...one day...if ever... sigh. ;)
RobbyG

Mar 28, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:I honestly don't believe this unless you can give us some proof.

Robby he can't give proof that there has ever been anything more than isolated incidents, but he just 'knows' it happens, see?

There are racial killings all over the world. the Emirati in his Hummer that ran over an English woman TWICE outside a hotel here proves that.

It is much more common for Muslim women dressed in Islamic attire to be abused, spat on and even assaulted in the west, then it is for western sluts to receive the same treatment in Dubai by locals. I am not aware of any westerner being the victim of racial abuse, verbal or physical in Dubai, while the same is not true for Muslims in the west. Numerous Saudi and other Gulf students have been abuses, assaulted and killed by racist. The driver that ran over a British woman was not a racist and the crime was not racially motivated, if it was please let me know.
moejoe
Dubai Forum User

Mar 28, 2009
Before you even consider talking with your bias about Westerners not being abused or unrespectfully treated, which does! happen everywhere. I can tell you that.
But more importantly, how do the local emirati's or Arab population treat Pakistani's and Indian's and even Blacks for instance...Nothing to write home about now is it?

What I hear about overall Arab mentality in relation to the word 'worker' being equal to a 'slave' and therefore correspondingly deserves:
1. no respect at all,
2. low income,
3. long waiting lines and no assistance, followed by rude treatment
4. use and abuse
5. single pig ticket back to where you came from when out of work
6. ...

And you find it strange they come wanking in your garden?
At least you can learn a thing or thousand from us in Europe about equal rights and respect.

Don't you talk about dignity you little ignorant MoJo.
RobbyG

Mar 28, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Before you even consider talking with your bias about Westerners not being abused or unrespectfully treated, which does! happen everywhere. I can tell you that.
But more importantly, how do the local emirati's or Arab population treat Pakistani's and Indian's and even Blacks for instance...Nothing to write home about now is it?

What I hear about overall Arab mentality in relation to the word 'worker' being equal to a 'slave' and therefore correspondingly deserves:
1. no respect at all,
2. low income,
3. long waiting lines and no assistance, followed by rude treatment
4. use and abuse
5. single pig ticket back to where you came from when out of work
6. ...

And you find it strange they come wanking in your garden?
At least you can learn a thing or thousand from us in Europe about equal rights and respect.

Don't you talk about dignity you little ignorant MoJo.

Yes, maybe some people East of the Middle East receive unfair treatment, but this is from the sell-out Arabs and the ones that worship the very Westerners that despise them. Most good Arabs do not do this, infact go to a Mosque and you will see All being treated equally, the Arabs you talk about are most likely to be found in nightclubs.

Give me example of westerners being racially abused, assaulted and killed by Locals in Dubai. NONE.
moejoe
Dubai Forum User

Mar 28, 2009
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 28, 2009
Not in Dubai no. Thats my point. Visit Europe for a day or two.

We have these young kids from Marrocan parents that have no respect for any of us. They rob, they attack and get you scared in my own country with groups of 3 to 20 guys in a row. You have to be a strong f@cker to get yourself out from that! I can tell you that.

I honestly don't know a single Arab in my neigborhood, but I do know the Turks. Had a few incursions with them. Few knives up in front of my friends face. Two guys wanted to get him after we accidently walked against them on the dancefloor in a nightclub. Never forget that evening. I had to fight with my life to get away from the Turkish crowd outside backing them up. My friend and I got six of them down, worked the knives away and managed to hold on until the police came to rescue us. (for your info: policestation was 50 meters away!!!) Fight took 15 minutes.

The only fights I encounter in our nightlife are with rude non-Dutch drinkers. And 90 percent of the time they are Turk or Maroccan backgrounds. I rarely see fights with two Dutchguys in nightlife.

Thats explains some of the views we have here in Holland. We get sick and tired of being harrassed or spitted on when shopping in city streets.

GRrrrrr... getting mad again.
RobbyG

Mar 28, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Not in Dubai no. Thats my point. Visit Europe for a day or two.

We have these young kids from Marrocan parents that have no respect for any of us. They rob, they attack and get you scared in my own country with groups of 3 to 20 guys in a row. You have to be a strong f@cker to get yourself out from that! I can tell you that.

I honestly don't know a single Arab in my neigborhood, but I do know the Turks. Had a few incursions with them. Few knives up in front of my friends face. Two guys wanted to get him after we accidently walked against them on the dancefloor in a nightclub. Never forget that evening. I had to fight with my life to get away from the Turkish crowd outside backing them up. My friend and I got six of them down, worked the knives away and managed to hold on until the police came to rescue us. (for your info: policestation was 50 meters away!!!) Fight took 15 minutes.

The only fights I encounter in our nightlife are with rude non-Dutch drinkers. And 90 percent of the time they are Turk or Maroccan backgrounds. I rarely see fights with two Dutchguys in nightlife.

Thats explains some of the views we have here in Holland. We get sick and tired of being harrassed or spitted on when shopping in city streets.

GRrrrrr... getting mad again.

I asked you about Dubai and Emiratis and you bring up Turk and Moroccans in Holland, proves my point.
moejoe
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat