Dubai To Get Own Bellagio And MGM Grand Hotels

Topic locked
Dubai to get own Bellagio and MGM Grand hotels May 20, 2009
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) -- A Dubai developer says it plans to build Mideast outposts of two Las Vegas icons, the Bellagio and MGM Grand, even as the hotels' parent MGM Mirage struggles under a crippling debt load.

Pearl Dubai said in a joint statement with MGM Mirage on Tuesday that it will develop the properties and a 30-suite Skylofts hotel at the Dubai Pearl, a development near the base of the manmade Palm Jumeirah island.

Pearl Dubai says it will pay for and own the three hotels, which will be managed by a division of MGM Mirage.

Financial terms were not disclosed.

The Dubai hotels will differ from their Vegas counterparts in one respect though: gambling is banned in the Islamic city-state.

K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

May 20, 2009
I will start taking bets if these projects will ever materialze, yes I'm in Vegas and I can do that legally :)
After the Trump Tower debacle and the Sea World and Bush Gradens cancellations (and given the history of Pearl Dubai), it is fairly safe to bet against it.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

May 20, 2009
K-Dog wrote:I will start taking bets if these projects will ever materialze, yes I'm in Vegas and I can do that legally :)
After the Trump Tower debacle and the Sea World and Bush Gradens cancellations (and given the history of Pearl Dubai), it is fairly safe to bet against it.

Hey K-D, long time, how are you doing?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 20, 2009
So K-D, you coming back to Dubai?
dresden
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat