Dubai Big Brother

Topic locked
Dubai Big Brother Jul 17, 2007
http://www.projectdubai.tk/

Looks amazing, share "mansion" in Barsha but something is up. Surely this is an experiment with hidden cameras all over the house.

Mods pls don't move this to accom yet - I am not renting it just wondering if anyone else thinks that "Project" sounds a bit fishy

scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 17, 2007
actually I didn't think this was big brother’esk, just somebody with a good business plan.

If memory serves, someone was trying to rent this villa on Dubizzle for 350k, with negotiations and stuff, lets say this person got it for 300, spent 75 for furnishing, utilities, cleaning services, etc. then rents by the room.

If you do the math the monthly rent for the 6 beds work out to 573 k/annum, a net profit for 198 k based on full occupancy.

Not a bad way to pocket 16,500/month with little to no effort, I’m not a fan of these types of projects because they force rents higher then they should be, but for individuals they get a luxurious 1 bedroom room with shared amenities for likely less then a 1 bed by yourself and since many that move here are single, what a way to force yourself into a social circle.

Good luck to them
:)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jul 17, 2007
interesting .. its just an exaggerated marketing effort to rent out "the castle"

the .tk domain is free and the web design for sure looks like he used some free tool or something ..

i doubt there is anything more to it, but as fayz correctly calculated renting out furnished rooms for short term rentals is a nice way to make some good money.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 18, 2007
All credit to the hard work and effor that has gone into developing this beautiful house....However, I personally dont think I could live in a place that has soo many differnt themes. Although the Bedrooms are quite nice, somehow I don't think the living would suit my particular famimlies tastes...70s certainly not to my taste....its a good idea though....

The website needs some work though...
dubailover
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat