Dresscode "comfortably Festive"

Topic locked
Dresscode "comfortably festive" Dec 11, 2012
This weekend there is party coming up in London at a high-end club. The dresscode is comfortably festive. I did a quick google search, but I am none the wiser. What does this mean? Normally I go to these kind of events in "tenue de ville". Is that the same? What does comfortably festive mean? Is desginer jeans allright? because that's comfotable for me. And a nice desginer shirt? Cause that could be festive.

Please help!

Thanks.

FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Dresscode "comfortably Festive" Dec 11, 2012
Tut Tut FD! If you had been female your outfit would have been sorted weeks ago.

I would think comfortable means a nice pair of jeans and for the festive bit I would add a nice shirt in a festive colour such as red.

If you wanted to really want to make an entrance you could add a pair of Rheindeer antlers to the outfit.

Is your party on Saturday evening? If so, have a drink for me as it's my birthday too :D
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Dresscode "comfortably Festive" Dec 11, 2012
Thanks for the advice.

BMreformed wrote:Tut Tut FD! If you had been female your outfit would have been sorted weeks ago.

lol

BMreformed wrote:If you wanted to really want to make an entrance you could add a pair of Rheindeer antlers to the outfit.

That is an excellent idea, having some x-mas theme. Perhaps not the antlers, but I will work further on the concept.

BMreformed wrote:Is your party on Saturday evening?

Yes.

BMreformed wrote:If so, have a drink for me as it's my birthday too :D

I certainly will!
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Dresscode "comfortably Festive" Dec 13, 2012
Have you been shopping FD?
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

BMreformed wrote:Have you been shopping FD?

Not yet. Trousers and shirts I have. I am looking for a coat though, because my current winter coat (which needs replacing anyways) is not very festive. I would have to buy during luch break, but that means missing my favorite egg/ham sandwich in my favorite city. Decisions, decisions...

I will keep you up to date. :-)
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

We have just been discussing buying clothes, at work, FD. We have our Christmas 'do' tomorrow and some are just going this afternoon to buy something to wear. That would never do for me. If I went shopping for something, I'd never find it. I buy something when I see it and hope it comes in useful sometime. I have a black dress for tomorrow but have gone for red nails for the festive bit. I bought that weeks ago when it had 20% off.

Good luck with the shopping and the egg sandwich. I'm having cauliflower cheese soup. Delicious!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat