Dowh Cruise

Topic locked
Dowh Cruise Aug 15, 2006
Peeps,

I need the name and tel number of any Dowh Cruise companies you know that are good and serve half decent food.

Looking to take some people up and down the creek one night.

thanks

yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 15, 2006
Er I think the Batu Dubai is a popular one. Many of the hotels have affiliations to them as well, just call any hotel and they can give you info.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 15, 2006
Cheers Chocs,

Will do.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 15, 2006
yorky try these if u already havent got hold of any

Danat Dubai Cruises - 3511117
Bateaux Dubai - 3994994
Bluesail Charters - 3979730

If these dont suffice lemme know got about 40 more names and numbers :lol:

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 15, 2006
Lol Jerry,

Any you would recommend?
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 15, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Lol Jerry,

Any you would recommend?

All three are good i would go for Danat,

Check the websites

Danat
http://www.danatdubaicruises.com/the_fleet.php

Bateaux
http://www.bateauxdubai.com/introductio ... uction.htm

Blue sail is good as well.

Danat Have a modern as well as traditional boat so depends on your choice :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 15, 2006
Called all of them, all seem to be ok. Think i would prefer buffet food (the guests we have would prefer that), so I think Danat is the option.

Need to discuss this with other parties concerned (like she who must be obeyed) :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 15, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Called all of them, all seem to be ok. Think i would prefer buffet food (the guests we have would prefer that), so I think Danat is the option.

Need to discuss this with other parties concerned (like she who must be obeyed) :lol:

cool lemme know how u find the experience.

:) jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 15, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Called all of them, all seem to be ok. Think i would prefer buffet food (the guests we have would prefer that), so I think Danat is the option.

When do we expect the invitation :?: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 15, 2006
This was a timely thread - my brother is on transit here at the moment on the way back to Uni in the UK, and we wanted to go out tonight as he flies out tomorrow.

I've booked us on to the Danat dhow cruise tonight - 175Dhs per person - after reading this thread and following the link to the Danat website. Covers cruise plus food, soft drinks and entertainment. A 2hr cruise from 8.15 to 10.15.

Will report back on how it went.

Top-tip - 'The Entertainer' book of vouchers which costs 150Dhs (available in Spinneys, Magrudys etc) has vouchers for Danat cruises - 2 for 1. We will be using 2 vouchers tonight, so saving 350Dhs!

There are 3 vouchers for the traditional cruise (these are Orange vouchers) and also 3 vouchers for a more luxurious 4hr cruise in the 'blue' voucher sections - includes swimming and goes out into the gulf I think.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 15, 2006
Shaf,

Look forward to reading your comments tmr. More concerned with the quality of food. By the way, the Danat cruise uses Renaissance hotel catering, so hopefully should be good :?
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 15, 2006
Shaf which one did u book the MV danat or discoverer?

look forward to ur feedback
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 15, 2006
Discoverer - just wanted a gentle dinner cruise with the family.
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 15, 2006
Hopefully it s traditional dowh with a/c! hahahahahahahaaha
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 15, 2006
Hahahaha, just read the actual description of the boat, phew, the dhow has a/c! :lol: :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 15, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Shaf,

Look forward to reading your comments tmr. More concerned with the quality of food. By the way, the Danat cruise uses Renaissance hotel catering, so hopefully should be good :?

Best Buffet in town (Spice Island), in my opinion, hopefully they repeat it on the cruise.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 15, 2006
Yorky - the first thing I asked was whether the a/c was working! :)

Good to hear that the food should be good.. as I said, will report back afterwards.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 15, 2006
Good man, so did I when I booked. Also on the Discoverer, but on a different night to you.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 16, 2006
A quick report on the cruise.

In brief we all enjoyed the cruise and dinner.

The cruise started promptly at 8.15 and finished on time at 10.15 - doing one circular route going down towards Garhoud bridge, turning round and going back up the creek towards the gold souk end and then back down to the mooring opposite the Saudi & British embassies.

The food was a buffet with the usual suspects as dishes. We weren't disappointed with the quantity or quality of the food - nothing spectacular to write about, but nothing bad either. From memory this is what was on the menu:

Usual starters - Houmous, salads - recommend the Moutabel with pommegranette on top, the best I've tasted so far. Also the pasta salad with seafood - very good.

There was a soup - Tomato Sherbet, which was ok

For the main courses, there was a Hamour and Rice dish which was just right - rice not too soggy with good chunks of fish cooked to perfection. The Mutton Briyani was good too, my guest said. There was also vegetable lasagna, roast potatoes, a chicken dish - which I passed on. The mixed grill was up to normal standards - not too dry, but nothing spectacular either.

For deserts, I recommend getting to the chocholate mousse before it melts into a slurry, it hit the 'sweet spot'. There was a nice light white forest gateaux (I think it's called - sandwich cake with cream and peaches), creme caramel, arabic sweets and the obligatory Um Ali (which was very good - not as runny as I've seen it elsewhere, the consistency was that of a moist bread and butter pudding and was to my liking)

Oh, and there was a healthy fruit salad too.

I thought the trip was good value at 175dhs per adult and the boat didn't feel too crowded. We used the 2 for 1 vouchers in the entertainer, so it was particularly good value. Soft drinks included in the price. We boarded at 7.45 and had choice of tables. The views of the creek are great, but there is no commentary or any entertainment..so you have to provide both for your guests :)

The upper deck was empty and people wandered up there for better views during the cruise.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 16, 2006
sounds alluring, :) now how bout a cruise for DF members :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 16, 2006
Has anyone been on the Beateaux Dubai??!! Would like to know how it is.
Eros
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 16, 2006
shafique wrote:A quick report on the cruise.

In brief we all enjoyed the cruise and dinner.

The cruise started promptly at 8.15 and finished on time at 10.15 - doing one circular route going down towards Garhoud bridge, turning round and going back up the creek towards the gold souk end and then back down to the mooring opposite the Saudi & British embassies.

The food was a buffet with the usual suspects as dishes. We weren't disappointed with the quantity or quality of the food - nothing spectacular to write about, but nothing bad either. From memory this is what was on the menu:

Usual starters - Houmous, salads - recommend the Moutabel with pommegranette on top, the best I've tasted so far. Also the pasta salad with seafood - very good.

There was a soup - Tomato Sherbet, which was ok

For the main courses, there was a Hamour and Rice dish which was just right - rice not too soggy with good chunks of fish cooked to perfection. The Mutton Briyani was good too, my guest said. There was also vegetable lasagna, roast potatoes, a chicken dish - which I passed on. The mixed grill was up to normal standards - not too dry, but nothing spectacular either.

For deserts, I recommend getting to the chocholate mousse before it melts into a slurry, it hit the 'sweet spot'. There was a nice light white forest gateaux (I think it's called - sandwich cake with cream and peaches), creme caramel, arabic sweets and the obligatory Um Ali (which was very good - not as runny as I've seen it elsewhere, the consistency was that of a moist bread and butter pudding and was to my liking)

Oh, and there was a healthy fruit salad too.

I thought the trip was good value at 175dhs per adult and the boat didn't feel too crowded. We used the 2 for 1 vouchers in the entertainer, so it was particularly good value. Soft drinks included in the price. We boarded at 7.45 and had choice of tables. The views of the creek are great, but there is no commentary or any entertainment..so you have to provide both for your guests :)

The upper deck was empty and people wandered up there for better views during the cruise.

Cheers,
Shafique

Nice write up matey. will be checking out soon. i think people go upstairs to smoke! hahahahahaha
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 16, 2006
Eros wrote:Has anyone been on the Beateaux Dubai??!! Would like to know how it is.

Bateau Dubai is a little more like the cruisers you get on the Seine in Paris or around the canals in Amsterdam. A modern boat with a completely glass walled and air conditioned interior. Inside it is laid out exactly like a restaurant and, if it wasn't for the moving scenery, it would feel like you are in any of the restaurants around town.

Food is very good, nouvelle cuisine style...so small portions of something very prettily presented, however of very high quality. The difference between Bateau and Danat, is that you can have wine or alcoholic drinks with the meal.

Can't comment on the prices as someone else was paying, but seem to remember that it was on a par with many hotel restaurants. Can recommend it, but be prepared to pay for it!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 21, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:The difference between Bateau and Danat, is that you can have wine or alcoholic drinks with the meal.

I think you can get alcoholic drinks on the danat one, its just not included in the 175 dhs there is a seperate cashbar. You have to ask for it, its not in your face too.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 22, 2006
Thanks for the info!!
Eros
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 22, 2006
Shafique is there anything "unique" in that cruise? I mean Ive heard some stuff like "Guiness Book of Record Man of Gold" or a very s.e.x.y belly dancer or a "man eating fire" or something for a change. :lol:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat