Does School Matter That Much?

Topic locked
Nov 11, 2006
sage & onion wrote:We should have a childrens section!!!!!

If you start a children's section, will you take the games with you? I will miss them so much.

freza
Dubai chat master

Nov 11, 2006
PARANOID wrote:first of, I'm 16.
and second, so what have you become to come here preaching to people about the right way and wrong way to do things?what are you? some boring product of society's repeated patterns ? no thank you . i know what I DON'T want to become, and that is another thing like you.and I'm not wasting my life yet. the fact that i cant become what i want to become proves someone other than me has some control over my life. and the fact that i can't physically be what i want to be futher proves that. and if i had enough power those forces would already be dead and i'd have full control again and would be free to either waste my life if i wanted to or do whatever other stuff i wanna do with it.

Well I'm glad you're sixteen. If you're unable to take constructive criticism, or any kind of positive feedback which was provided by myself and others earlier then the biggest problem is with you. You have control in terms of what you do with your life within a controlled environment. What you choose to do in that environment is clear to all of us as you have mentioned yourself. If you choose to hang out your laundry to dry then have the courage to hear what you're going to hear. I am not questioning your gender confusion, I admire your courage infact for questioning the norms and discussing it. I also admire your art. You're obviously talented. Hope you can channel all of this energy into something constructive. I apologise for not having the patience to listen to someone calling you a child and for not having the tolerance to watch you being exploited by some online pervert. I did not tell you what is right or wrong at any point. I suggested some options you may want to explore. Good luck with what you choose to do.
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 11, 2006
PrettyPenny wrote:
PARANOID wrote:first of, I'm 16.
and second, so what have you become to come here preaching to people about the right way and wrong way to do things?what are you? some boring product of society's repeated patterns ? no thank you . i know what I DON'T want to become, and that is another thing like you.and I'm not wasting my life yet. the fact that i cant become what i want to become proves someone other than me has some control over my life. and the fact that i can't physically be what i want to be futher proves that. and if i had enough power those forces would already be dead and i'd have full control again and would be free to either waste my life if i wanted to or do whatever other stuff i wanna do with it.

Well I'm glad you're sixteen. If you're unable to take constructive criticism, or any kind of positive feedback which was provided by myself and others earlier then the biggest problem is with you. You have control in terms of what you do with your life within a controlled environment. What you choose to do in that environment is clear to all of us as you have mentioned yourself. If you choose to hang out your laundry to dry then have the courage to hear what you're going to hear. I am not questioning your gender confusion, I admire your courage infact for questioning the norms and discussing it. I also admire your art. You're obviously talented. Hope you can channel all of this energy into something constructive. I apologise for not having the patience to listen to someone calling you a child and for not having the tolerance to watch you being exploited by some online pervert. I did not tell you what is right or wrong at any point. I suggested some options you may want to explore. Good luck with what you choose to do.

Hey PP, nice try, however a repeat of what this young person says about it's parents

i wanted to become a freelance manga artist, but my parents are bitches.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 11, 2006
sage & onion wrote:Hey PP, nice try, however a repeat of what this young person says about it's parents

I know I shouldnt have said that , it's wrong. but what's important is real life and in real life i respect my parents and i never called them any nasty names before and i never will.

and PP, i was fine with everything you said till the "grow up" part.that was offensive.
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 11, 2006
PARANOID wrote:
sage & onion wrote:Hey PP, nice try, however a repeat of what this young person says about it's parents

I know I shouldnt have said that , it's wrong. but what's important is real life and in real life i respect my parents and i never called them any nasty names before and i never will.

and PP, i was fine with everything you said till the "grow up" part.that was offensive.

:lol: :lol: Never thought I'd see YOU use this word...
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 12, 2006
Paranoid - to answer your initial question - does school matter?

NO
I was not a great achiever at school but did fantastically at university, and once you have your first job they stop asking about school results. Someone very close to me didnt finish school but now runs his own business and drives a CLK500.

However finising school will prove that you can finish things. There are many great trades you can do if you are uneducated; carpentry, construction etc however in this country you wont earn as much as you would in a Western country for doing the skilled labour.

YES
If you want to obtain any form of higher education later in life you will need to have finished high school. In some countries you need a degree just to get a starting position in a firm because competition is so great. You may even need a degree in the arts to get a position with a manga producing company (because the competition is so great and sometimes pure talent is not enough)

Plus you need a fallback decision. if in 4 years time you decide that Manga is no longer for you - then what will you do?
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 12, 2006
Well well well, look who's back! :lol:
Welcome back Scarlet!

Where've u been??
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

hey Nov 12, 2006
dude study..its just 12yrs.... :D
hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 12, 2006
Parnoid.. list out your options if u cant take any of these words. Check what would u do if u quit school.

I'm happy that Guns are not allowed in UAE.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 12, 2006
PARANOID wrote:

So what was the comment about them being bitches, Scotch Mist??
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat