Does Number Matters In UAE?

Topic locked
Does Number Matters in UAE? Dec 28, 2006
My friend and i had a discussion that if u are having a good 3 numbers car plate or VIP mobile no. (although he isnt local) ppl will show respect to you. iz that what people think here?

abdulnafees
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 28, 2006
well the numbers, with alot of people here show status. Just like have a nice expensive car or a nice house....it shows to other people that the dude has money

money = power
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 28, 2006
Oh yeah buddy everything SUPERFICIAL here counts more than what's real lol seriously it does bud
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 28, 2006
Whenever I see a 3 figure number plate it always crosses my mind how much did the person pay for it and how much you could improve your vehicle if you spent the money on it instead.

For me better to accept the one that you are given, much more important things in life.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 28, 2006
sage & onion wrote:Whenever I see a 3 figure number plate it always crosses my mind how much did the person pay for it and how much you could improve your vehicle if you spent the money on it instead.

For me better to accept the one that you are given, much more important things in life.

agree with ya m8, there are lot of people out there who suffers with no food.
abdulnafees
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 28, 2006
you guys some of those people you see with those numbers, their pockets are empty, they just do it for show off purpose!
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 28, 2006
Sara1983 wrote:you guys some of those people you see with those numbers, their pockets are empty, they just do it for show off purpose!

Empty pockets and in lieu fancy numbers :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Does Number Matters in UAE? Dec 28, 2006
abdulnafees wrote:My friend and i had a discussion that if u are having a good 3 numbers car plate or VIP mobile no. (although he isnt local) ppl will show respect to you. iz that what people think here?

Well if you wear the Car Plate on your forehead perhaps they'll show some "respect". Otherwise it might go something like this: "Show respect for me, I have a 3 digit car plate in the carpark don't you know" :roll:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 28, 2006
:lol:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 28, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
Sara1983 wrote:you guys some of those people you see with those numbers, their pockets are empty, they just do it for show off purpose!

Empty pockets and in lieu fancy numbers :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

yeah trust me, I'm sayin the truth, so don't be fooled by the triplets
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 28, 2006
Sara1983 wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Don't get me wrong Sara, I believe you, it's just the whole ridiculous idea of doing such a thing.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 28, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
Sara1983 wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Don't get me wrong Sara, I believe you, it's just the whole ridiculous idea of doing such a thing.

yea yeah I get you there =- ]
I know that's how lame it is yeah!!!
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 29, 2006
ofcourse u show respect its a status symbol i have seen numbers such as 110 100 988 786 678 543 they are worth in hundreds of thousands
westside
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 29, 2006
westside wrote:ofcourse u show respect its a status symbol i have seen numbers such as 110 100 988 786 678 543 they are worth in hundreds of thousands

You think that they deserve respect, I don't think so, staus symbol for what, how much money you have to waste????
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 29, 2006
yeah i must agree to they dont deserve it ur quite rite sage
westside
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 29, 2006
abdulnafees wrote:
sage & onion wrote:Whenever I see a 3 figure number plate it always crosses my mind how much did the person pay for it and how much you could improve your vehicle if you spent the money on it instead.

agree with ya m8, there are lot of people out there who suffers with no food.

Well said
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat