Deira Mall Etc

Topic locked
Deira Mall etc Feb 16, 2006
Just had confirmation that we will be staying at the Sofitel City Centre by the Deira Mall when we get to Dubai in 2 weeks time. We arrive on Fri Mar 3rd. We'll be there for a month while we look for somewhere to rent.

Looks pretty central on the map - looking forward to meeting up with a few members, and the location looks ideal for the wife and kids as an introduction to Dubai.

Given the location, what would people recommend we do on our first Friday and Saturday in Dubai (I start work on the Sunday!!)?

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 16, 2006
GO SHOPPING mate

Deira Mall is fantasitco

But i'm surprised they putting you there, it's a crap yourney to where you work mate. Ask them if they can put you up in the Shangri La Appart - Hotel

Ive pm'ed you shaf.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 16, 2006
On Friday, I would go to the mosque for noon prayers... After that, check out the malls, souks, beach, etc...

Saturday figure out the way to get to work then do the above mentionned items....

Don't forget Salat :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 18, 2006
Thanks for the specific details.
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Re: Deira Mall etc Feb 18, 2006
shafique wrote:Just had confirmation that we will be staying at the Sofitel City Centre by the Deira Mall when we get to Dubai in 2 weeks time. We arrive on Fri Mar 3rd. We'll be there for a month while we look for somewhere to rent.

Looks pretty central on the map - looking forward to meeting up with a few members, and the location looks ideal for the wife and kids as an introduction to Dubai.

Given the location, what would people recommend we do on our first Friday and Saturday in Dubai (I start work on the Sunday!!)?

Cheers,
Shafique

Shafiq bro

Yu sound like a philosopher and it must be hard for your wife to cope with your theories :roll:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 18, 2006
I'm far from a philosopher HP - and my wife and I share the same views about life, so we don't discuss these issues. I just get told off for not doing enough around the house.. :)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat