Dammit We Need Another Scouring Pad Thread!

Topic locked
Dammit we need another scouring pad thread! Apr 21, 2010
Its about time we had another monster thread (apart from Sages say somethingabout...or cut and pasted joke of the...)

I still have some scouring pads lurking around somewhere.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Dammit we need another scouring pad thread! Apr 21, 2010
Dubai Knight wrote:Its about time we had another monster thread (apart from Sages say somethingabout...or cut and pasted joke of the...)

I still have some scouring pads lurking around somewhere.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

Really!, what size are they?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Brightly coloured plastic ones! Only small though...

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

I really need to know what is the dimension of the opening in the mesh?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I think sage is being serious DK

:D
arniegang

arniegang wrote:I think sage is being serious DK

:D

Arnieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, you know me m8, always serious!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I think mate the scouring pad thread was just a bit before you joined us but i'm not sure. There are only a few left now that were active then, i think but correct me if i am wrong but its only DK, chocs and me that will remember.
arniegang

Actually Arnie old boy, you are incorrect in your statement.

The plastic Scouring Pad Thread was started by Fayz on 12/06/2006, the last person to reply on the thread was your truly on 24/12/2006
Now that its Christmas 2006, I believe that we need an update

Some may have you believe that Fayz actually started the thread in celebration of Sages Arrival on the forum the day before 11/06/2006.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh those were the days
arniegang

arniegang wrote:ahhhhhhhhhhhhh those were the days

Are you sure?

But hey back to the subject, where is DK, I NEED ANSWERS!!!!!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:
arniegang wrote:ahhhhhhhhhhhhh those were the days

Are you sure?

But hey back to the subject, where is DK, I NEED ANSWERS!!!!!

Sorry mate, I had to go and dig them out and check!

They are packs of 5 pieces, round, doughnut shaped as the material is all pulled into the centre, nylon mesh and I am guessing...(gets measuring tape out and attempts to gauge the distance between the mesh) about 1mm x 1.5mm holes. Does that make them 1 denier?

I know Fayz ended up with a large stock of them as he found them perfect for cleaning the walls of his aquarium. Concord and Ian ended up with 3 full container ship loads and a further freighter full of Zimbabwean dollars! Unfortunately I have but a single bag left!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

OK so far the information is good, however I need to know the cleaning % when dealing with office mugs as this could be a huge factor in what I decide.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Dammit we need another scouring pad thread! Apr 22, 2010
sage & onion wrote:OK so far the information is good, however I need to know the cleaning % when dealing with office mugs as this could be a huge factor in what I decide.

Sorry can't help there as

a) I don't clean mugs in the office despite being known as 'The Cleaner'
and
b) it was merely my job to ensure overall project security!

I can suggest either bicarbonate of soda or bleach?

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:
sage & onion wrote:OK so far the information is good, however I need to know the cleaning % when dealing with office mugs as this could be a huge factor in what I decide.

Sorry can't help there as

a) I don't clean mugs in the office despite being known as 'The Cleaner'
and
b) it was merely my job to ensure overall project security!

I can suggest either bicarbonate of soda or bleach?

8) 8) 8)

Knight

This is really not on, chemicals in my mug?, and I thought you would be able to give me all the required information on the scouring pad :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Right - you 2 here's the situation.

Those scouring pads are mine as brought over by my good self in 2006. Sage if you want to deal in scouring pads then any further negotiations need to be conducted through me. DK is merely "the guardian and keeper" of the aforementioned scouring pads.

Sage these scouring pads were hand picked by me after much searching within the UK to find the right quality to export to the Emirates. The Zimbwabians are no fools in their quest for importing scouring pads of the highest quality.

The sponges inside were sourced from the finest reefs of the coast of Bermuda and many a sponge diver lost his life in recovering these from the sea bed. The nylon outer casing was made from an experimental nylon that was being tested by NASA specifically for the washing of dirty dishes on both the space shuttle and the space station.

Sage if you wish to proceed in purchasing these from my Emirate Agent please be aware they will not be cheap and i do not take cash. Obvously tax and import duty must be payable.

Regards

Scourers R' Us
Middle East Division.
arniegang

arniegang wrote:Right - you 2 here's the situation.

Those scouring pads are mine as brought over by my good self in 2006. Sage if you want to deal in scouring pads then any further negotiations need to be conducted through me. DK is merely "the guardian and keeper" of the aforementioned scouring pads.

Sage these scouring pads were hand picked by me after much searching within the UK to find the right quality to export to the Emirates. The Zimbwabians are no fools in their quest for importing scouring pads of the highest quality.

The sponges inside were sourced from the finest reefs of the coast of Bermuda and many a sponge diver lost his life in recovering these from the sea bed. The nylon outer casing was made from an experimental nylon that was being tested by NASA specifically for the washing of dirty dishes on both the space shuttle and the space station.

Sage if you wish to proceed in purchasing these from my Emirate Agent please be aware they will not be cheap and i do not take cash. Obvously tax and import duty must be payable.

Regards

Scourers R' Us
Middle East Division.

Now we are getting somewhere.

Arnie, can you give me documentation on whether or not the Scouring Pads are Environmentally Friendly, as my customers, after they have seen the results on my office mugs, will ask this question?

The following needs to be a form of guarantee on performance;

A fantastic scouring pad that will hold its own with any other pad on the market. Stains baked into any glass bakeware were no match for the Natural Scour Pad. But the best part should be the gentle way the scouring pad is able to clean without gouging or scratching the surfaces of the dishes. Gentle enough to use for daily cleaning, yet tough enough to stand up to disasters, this Natural scour pad is a powerful tool that uses natural fibers to get surfaces brilliantly clean.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Being an ex adman, I suppose I should come up with a 'Green' campaign for the tree hugging lesbetarian consumer:

"New improved Scour-o Pad (TM), for those moments when your normal brand is just not up to it when the maid comes to scrape the bowl moles off the dunee!"

"Using the finest completely natural nylon harvested from the depths under the drifting desert sands and moulded lovingly into the perfect ergonomic shape for the smaller, daintier Eastern Asian female hand. New improved Scour-o-Pad(TM) cleans as she screams as you beat her!

You will never beat a better Sunita, Parvita or Amita when she uses Scour-o-Pad (TM)!

Also available in green"

I kinda like it, I even managed to get the green message in there!

What does the jury think?

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Dammit we need another scouring pad thread! Apr 23, 2010
Dubai Knight wrote:Being an ex adman, I suppose I should come up with a 'Green' campaign for the tree hugging lesbetarian consumer:

"New improved Scour-o Pad (TM), for those moments when your normal brand is just not up to it when the maid comes to scrape the bowl moles off the dunee!"

"Using the finest completely natural nylon harvested from the depths under the drifting desert sands and moulded lovingly into the perfect ergonomic shape for the smaller, daintier Eastern Asian female hand. New improved Scour-o-Pad(TM) cleans as she screams as you beat her!

You will never beat a better Sunita, Parvita or Amita when she uses Scour-o-Pad (TM)!

Also available in green"

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Are these the ones harvested from the coral reefs off the coast of Bermuda?, we have to be precise in our information, it also will need to be passed by the technical committee.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Dammit we need another scouring pad thread! Apr 23, 2010
sage & onion wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Being an ex adman, I suppose I should come up with a 'Green' campaign for the tree hugging lesbetarian consumer:

Also available in green"

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Are these the ones harvested from the coral reefs off the coast of Bermuda?, we have to be precise in our information, it also will need to be passed by the technical committee.

The only Bermudan connection I can see is if this is where Arnie put his ill gotten gains in a secure offshore account from the last dealings?
I suppose you could say they are made from a 'renewable' resource as Saudi will just 'renew' the pumps on their wells to drag a little more out that can be processed into eco-friendly nylon...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Dammit We Need Another Scouring Pad Thread! Apr 23, 2010
I was given the distinct impression that the Scouring Pads would definitely be Eco-Friendly, I am starting to doubt this information, am I right in my thoughts?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Dammit We Need Another Scouring Pad Thread! Apr 23, 2010
sage & onion wrote:I was given the distinct impression that the Scouring Pads would definitely be Eco-Friendly, I am starting to doubt this information, am I right in my thoughts?

That depends on your description of Eco...

If eco referred to 'economy' then yes they are an economic and will be helping the poorer economies such as Zimbabwe and Cambodia where Arnie and I are exploiting the low income workforce to get them to make scouring pads!

If 'ECO' refers to the 'Emirates Con Organisation' then yes they are very friendly to the swindlers and cheats who populate this esteemed establishment!

DFM have a long standing 'protection' agreement in place and will of course always provide a discreet and efficient 'problem solving' service!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat