P.E.R.F.E.C.T.I.O.N-->Confidence+ Self-esteem???

Topic locked

Do you have...

High self-esteem.
71%
Low self-esteem.
14%
Don't know
14%

Total votes : 14

P.E.R.F.E.C.T.I.O.N-->Confidence+ self-esteem??? Sep 17, 2006
Well I was sittin with a friend, can't remember what we were talkin about, it was somthin about confidence & I said that "I'm confident from myself, you know me the 99.9%." her sis was around, when she heard that she said
" yeah with a body lilke that you should be." and her other sis said " just look at that smile." I was like uh okay!!!

I mean hey y'all should be feeling great about yourselves+ have HIGh self-esteem, no matter how your looks were......

Is it that, if you think you are not beautiful, then you be feelin ugly and rejected???

"The Real Beauty Lies Within."

I Love Everybody =- )

Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 17, 2006
OMG no one is brave enough to speak out, at least the general issue, not about you???
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 17, 2006
Thats a big/tough/complex question Sara ;)
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 17, 2006
Just because someone is pretty, doesn't necessarily mean they have high self-esteem, it can actually be a big cause of a lack of self-confidence.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 17, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:Thats a big/tough/complex question Sara ;)

I know mmm but uh okay, if no one wanna talk then its alright, I c that many voted in HIGH self-esteem, so I'm thinkin why not type in here somethin!!!????
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 17, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Just because someone is pretty, doesn't necessarily mean they have high self-esteem, it can actually be a big cause of a lack of self-confidence.

yeah you're right.
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 17, 2006
I believe confidence level varies depending on a persons' Experiences / no experiences of similar situations or/and the mood of a person or/and phsycho physiological condition, influential factors..
but in general.. i dont think looks have a major role. unless its a beauty contest :)
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 17, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Just because someone is pretty, doesn't necessarily mean they have high self-esteem, it can actually be a big cause of a lack of self-confidence.

I totally agree, look has nothing to do with it. I know iam different person now but I was in very serious relationship that almost killed me. After the break-up my self esteem was very low, I avoided seen people, I moved city and moved life too. I wanted to work on myself but been around people who know the experience made it impossible to move on. I now love life and enjoy meeting new people and if any of my friends are down I know how to change their mood. There are a lot of factors that affect your self esteem, family upbringing, your partner, friends etc.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat