Chicken In Dubai

Topic locked
chicken in dubai Apr 12, 2008
I bought some "fresh" chicken from spinneys the other day and looked at the ingredients it had modified starch, thickner, salt, chicken how can a peice of chicken have ingredients its natural. I only eat fish cos i know thats the only meat that i think has not been injected with steroids.I heard a rumour that chickens here are injected with steroids in the thighs to make them more meatier true or not? i dont know

adilee
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 12, 2008
It's the same with much meat today, alot of it contains preservatives and additives.

Fish too!!! If you're eating farmed fish like Salmon, it can very often contain colourings and all sorts of stuff as well.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 13, 2008
They are not injected with steroids. But they might have been given hormones for faster growing. The meal is not affected very much (not that risky eating it) but eating the organs like liver (well, some people eat em) or etc might cause problems.
spoonman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 13, 2008
You have to search out hormone free meat. Not sure how easy or difficult that is in the UAE. There are all sorts of problems with hormones in meats. It can affect the growth of children. As an example, little girls are becoming little women way sooner than they should.
giggsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 13, 2008
giggsy wrote:As an example, little girls are becoming little women way sooner than they should.

I think that's how they want it to be anyway.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 13, 2008
Starch in chicken...thats wierd :?
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 17, 2008
evvythings artificial nowadays..
Bunnu
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat