Check This Out! - I'd Love To See The Forumers Let Rip!

Topic locked
Check this out! - I'd love to see the forumers let rip! Feb 26, 2008
Guys and Gals,

Don't know if you've heard about it, but lets just say there's quite a constroversial website which has been running for a couple of months. The people running it are making enemies very fast with their to the point, frank and downright rude articles.

I'd love to see some of the more opinionated forumers let rip on there.

Have a look: www.plasticdubai.com

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 26, 2008
After reading a few articles I think it falls into a big "who the *** cares?" box... just another maladjusted pom who really should go home.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 26, 2008
^ian^ wrote:After reading a few articles I think it falls into a big "who the *** cares?" box... just another maladjusted pom who really should go home.

Yup that's pretty much what I thought.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 26, 2008
some of the articles are pretty funny - the gay guy exposed is a crack up, he'd be burning up!!

this one is making me choke on my coffee http://www.plasticdubai.com/funny-pictu ... jmag-scam/

and its funny how she goes completely out of her way to hurl insults "i dont give a flying camel"

not bad, will read again.
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 26, 2008
If I were opinionated I would comment.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 26, 2008
I do not think this will last long and I have rung friend in Etisalat and should be blocking it by end of day today.
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 26, 2008
:lol: :lol: Th site is funny but vulgar...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 26, 2008
reviewer wrote::lol: :lol: Th site is funny but vulgar...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't find it funny... it seems like more a hate site for someone who clearly has way too many tickets on themself... a common problem in Dubai, especially amongst the British expat community.

Case in point we were at the Rooftop Radission on Thursday and we reserved a table. Some guy comes and plonks himself down at the table and we're like "who are you?" and he just started rabbling on about "Do you know who I am?"

Holy Jesus ***... who gives a **** who he is? He should **** off from our table.
^ian^

Feb 26, 2008
^ian^ wrote:
reviewer wrote::lol: :lol: Th site is funny but vulgar...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't find it funny... it seems like more a hate site for someone who clearly has way too many tickets on themself... a common problem in Dubai, especially amongst the British expat community.

Case in point we were at the Rooftop Radission on Thursday and we reserved a table. Some guy comes and plonks himself down at the table and we're like "who are you?" and he just started rabbling on about "Do you know who I am?"

Holy Jesus ***... who gives a **** who he is? He should **** off from our table.

Funny that someone will go this far (website) just to blurt out this hate or what ever you can call them. He have some issues there but the way it's presented is OTT....too tacky IMO.
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Check this out! - I'd love to see the forumers let rip! Feb 26, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:I'd love to see some of the more opinionated forumers let rip on there.

Er, why?

Anyway, I find it hard to focus on articles with poor f*&^%en grammar m*(&^er f&*^%$3er and weird symbols, and a handful of words between hundreds of !!!!!!!!!! exclamat!!!!!!on marks!!!!!!!!!!!! ;).
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 26, 2008
I did find it amusing....but then got bored of it after 10 mins.

good rant on Queuing though :roll:
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 26, 2008
It looks a bit like http://www.geenstijl.nl

Probably blocked in UAE, like in Saudi-Arabia.
Here's a pic.

LA
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 26, 2008
Pretty funny I thought and mostly tongue in cheek.

Not as funny as this though:

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=25576

That's the wittiest reply I've ever read on here, but possibly too subtle for some.
john smith
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 26, 2008
john smith wrote:Pretty funny I thought and mostly tongue in cheek.

Not as funny as this though:

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=25576

That's the wittiest reply I've ever read on here, but possibly too subtle for some.

witty or plain stupid?
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 26, 2008
LA wrote:Probably blocked in UAE, like in Saudi-Arabia.

Nope. geenstijl.nl is not blocked in Dubai.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 26, 2008
The guy messaged me and said they were the children's ages not their names.

Honest mistake. I remember an episode of Seinfield where Gerry wanted to name his child 7 and I thought it is what you expat folk do.
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Check this out! - I'd love to see the forumers let rip! Feb 26, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Guys and Gals,

Don't know if you've heard about it, but lets just say there's quite a constroversial website which has been running for a couple of months. The people running it are making enemies very fast with their to the point, frank and downright rude articles.

I'd love to see some of the more opinionated forumers let rip on there.

Have a look: www.plasticdubai.com

Just went to have a look. The site is blocked. Kinda strange from Media City, no? I thought it was a free-for-all here? Been in Dubai almost 4 months now and have never seen that famous blurb:

"We apologize the site you are attempting to visit has been blocked due to its content being inconsistent with the religious, cultural, political and moral values of the United Arab Emirates."

Huh, guess I must be a UAE politically-correct surfer? Now my interest is piqued!
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Feb 26, 2008
Wow! :shock:

Looks like Sheikmo succeeded where others had failed. I read through the comments and it looks like people have been trying to get the site blocked for ages.

And blocked in media city too!!!! That doesn't happen!
^ian^

Feb 26, 2008
yani I get results habiby. 8)
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 26, 2008
Spoilsport! There are 7 people being investigated over the running of the site by the police because of the harrassment of people like Tammy, Dion and Justin.

Maybe you just put a big old spanner in the works!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 26, 2008
Crappy site but why was it blocked? Fricken Nazis!
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 26, 2008
I am guessing there were some very tasteless comments, then? Wow, somebody pushed some buttons. Site doesn't work with DU or with VPN either. Maybe those that decide for me what is moral and good can put some effort into fixing my crap connection!

SHEIKMO....I am unhappy with my wages, amount of leave and lack of parking, an you make a call for me, too? How 'bout long distance rates?
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Feb 26, 2008
dubaidog wrote:Site doesn't work with DU or with VPN either.

TRA were talking about blocking changes recently so that might explain free zones. But VPN also? I thought a VPN was shielded from the proxy?
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 26, 2008
Site is also not reachable from outside UAE. Probably some pratical joke...
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2008
the site isnt blocked, the whole site has been physically taken down.
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 27, 2008
ebonics wrote:the site isnt blocked, the whole site has been physically taken down.

Aha - someone might have hacked it.
^ian^

Feb 27, 2008
i cannot stand this system - censorship of intellectual property so blatently just angers me so much
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 27, 2008
ebonics wrote:i cannot stand this system - censorship of intellectual property so blatently just angers me so much

I don't mind the censorship but it's the speed and connection costs that get to me.

Having looked at the site before it was taken down, it was probably deserved of censoring, however, it would have faded into obscurity on its own accord soon enough.

And before you go on about Free Speech... Free Speech means you are free to say what you want, but not free from the accountability of saying it.
^ian^

Feb 27, 2008
He's (owner of site) adamant even with comments from readers forseeing the closure/blocking of the sight due to its vulgarity and OTT verbal abuse. The owner of the site had it coming..... 8)
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 27, 2008
errr its working fine with me :S but i havent gone through and dont plan on going through it cos its bloody g@y.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat