Charlie Sheen - Burned Out His Brain Cells!!!

Topic locked
Charlie Sheen - Burned out his brain cells!!! Feb 28, 2011
I'm a big fan of Two and a Half Men. Great humor.

I'm watching an interview with Charlie Sheen on Good Morning America. I think he was more rational when he was drunk and doped up. He did this interview sober, as he had agreed to take two drug tests during the interview, which he passed. His brains are fried!!! There is going to be another interview coming up on 20/20. I sure it's going to be a WHAT??? moment for viewers, just like the one I'm watching.

Seeing as how the series was in its 8th year, it appears that his drug and alcohol abuse didn't have an impact on its success. But the station has shut the series down temporarily and now Charlie is suing them for 300 million US.

Here's a radio interview he did:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvid ... -rant.html

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Charlie Sheen - Burned out his brain cells!!! Feb 28, 2011
Emilio Estevez and Martin Sheen were on the BBC the other night, and they spoke about Charlie's problems. They likened it to a cancer. I thought it was rather an odd statement, bearing in mind that people have no control over whether they contract cancer.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/23/martin-sh ... n-cancer...
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

The series hasn't been shut down temporarily, they've now shut it down permanently! No more Two and a Half Men.
Akasha
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Charlie Sheen - Burned Out His Brain Cells!!! Feb 28, 2011
They cancelled production for the rest of season 8. There is speculation that it will continue but without Charlie, and then there is the possibilility of cancelling the show entirely.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Don't see how they could carry on without him to be honest - such a shame.
Akasha
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Each person on that show has their very own character. He definitely made it funny, but that's not to say that the rest of the cast can't keep it going. They will probably just write him out of the show or do a spin off.

Just watched an episode and it really is a LOL show. I have all the series. It's just one of those shows that you can watch over and over and laugh at the sames things.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Candy was the real star - not only gorgeous but played the bimbo exceptionally well...maybe naturally.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Not really, just like after John Ritter died they tried to carry on 8 steps but it was never the same and eventually shutdown. Same would be the case with 2 1/2 men. Charlie really is the star of that show. I just find his brother as a great loser. On the other hand there could be a spin off with Jake !

But I was truly heart broken when they annouced they were canceling According to JIm ! Bestestestest show ever. TV will never be the same. 2 n 1/2 would take the number 2 spot, How I met you mother is another good show
desertdudeshj

Oh so that's the name of the lead character in the 2.5men sitcom, really annoyed its been suspended
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

I introduced myself to the show a few months ago and since I had all the episodes from season one onwards I would mix n match a bit, watch an episode from season 1 then another from season 8 and so on.....and what struck me as shocking was how awfully Charlie Sheen has aged from season 1.He looked real debonair in season 1 but now he simply looks sick, his abusive lifestyle is taking a toll and after a point all those jokes on his drinking problems just dnt make you laugh any more. You kinda feel for him.

That said the first few seasons were addictive! The wittiness is what really gets you laughing out loud. And without a doubt Charlie Sheen was the star. The whole concept of the show would need to be re-hauled if they are to survive without Charlie. But good actors alone dnt make good comics. Comics have this sense of timing which Sheen was immensely gifted with.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Charlie Sheen - Burned Out His Brain Cells!!! Mar 01, 2011
Kinda funny isn't it, specially when you think how Sheen first started out his acting career with all those very serious and action flicks like Apocalypse now and platoon. I think he found his funny bone in the hot shots series.

And give him a break on the aging thing will ya. He didn't age much from when he started his movie career way back in the 70's till the middle of the 2000's. Same cannot be said of many such people in the limelight who look like old corn dogs less than a decade in.
desertdudeshj

Re: Charlie Sheen - Burned out his brain cells!!! Mar 01, 2011
Wasn't it him who claimed he never paid for se.x, but only paid the women to leave (a quote from somebody else btw)?

He and the people around him need all the strength, devil's dandruff is truely the white destructor.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

^^^ Aha...my interest in Sheen commenced with two and a half men, never knew what he did before that. Thanks for the info.
Although I still think he looks old for a 45 yr old.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Misery Called Life wrote:^^^ Aha...my interest in Sheen commenced with two and a half men, never knew what he did before that. Thanks for the info.
Although I still think he looks old for a 45 yr old.

His dad looks ok except for those American teeth. I think he borrowed them from Red Rum.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:His dad looks ok except for those American teeth.

What are American Teeth?

-- Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:38 am --

Sheen will do alright specially after the settlement for firing him.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Bethsmum wrote:His dad looks ok except for those American teeth. I think he borrowed them from Red Rum.

He probably should have seen a British dentist to have his teeth rearranged. :)
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Ambassador wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:His dad looks ok except for those American teeth.

What are American Teeth?

-- Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:38 am --

Sheen will do alright specially after the settlement for firing him.

American teeth! LOL
American teeth.jpg
American teeth.jpg (3.76 KiB) Viewed 1201 times

Bethsmum

Re: Charlie Sheen - Burned Out His Brain Cells!!! Mar 01, 2011
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bethsmum wrote:Emilio Estevez and Martin Sheen were on the BBC the other night, and they spoke about Charlie's problems. They likened it to a cancer. I thought it was rather an odd statement, bearing in mind that people have no control over whether they contract cancer.

They were probably referring to smokers and lung cancer BM which makes the statement somewhat accurate.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

benwj wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:Emilio Estevez and Martin Sheen were on the BBC the other night, and they spoke about Charlie's problems. They likened it to a cancer. I thought it was rather an odd statement, bearing in mind that people have no control over whether they contract cancer.

They were probably referring to smokers and lung cancer BM which makes the statement somewhat accurate.

More like referring to drugs and alcohol and how it plays havoc with your body and mind over long term usage and the addiction.

BTW, he first showed his ability for comedy when he stepped in for Michael J. Foxx in "Spin City".
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat