Catfight In Al Quoz

Topic locked
Catfight in Al Quoz Jul 28, 2011
The last line cracks me up; patient "complains of pain in right hand" i.e. after slapping someone.
Will the slapped woman be charged with "bringing her cheels in the way of an innocent's person's hand and causing pain to the hand" ?

Dubai: Two women were in court for starting a fight in the middle of a street in Al Quoz.

The defendants, N.H., 28, from Egypt, and Emirati S.B., 24, were both charged with cursing and assaulting one another while at a red traffic light.

According to records, the fight broke out on March 11 at 1.30pm.

S.B., a clerk in the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs, was at the stop light in a Lexus, behind a Kia car belonging to N.H., a sales executive.

Article continues below

Flash and beep

"When the light turned green, I flashed and beeped at the car in front, but it didn't move," S.B. said. She then went up to the driver's window of the Kia car and tapped on the window and told N.H. the signal had turned green. "She [N.H.] said: ‘This is none of your business. What do you want? If you have something to say, call the police'," S.B. told prosecutors.

However, inside the Kia car, another story presented itself. N.H., who was in the car with her daughter and mother, said S.B. insulted her. She said she was only helping to clean up the mess caused by the spilling of tea on her daughter's lap.

"Suddenly I heard continuous beeping, and then a hard knock on my window. I rolled the window down, and an Emirati woman was yelling at me: ‘Are you blind, don't you see it's green? Don't you understand?" N.H. told prosecutors.

She reportedly told S.B. not to talk to her in such a disrespectful manner and to call the police if she had any issues. In response, S.B. allegedly slapped N.H. across her face with the back of her hand and walked away.

N.H.'s mother, E.B., 55, corroborated her daughter's account of the incident.

According to prosecutors, N.H. also got out of the car to confront S.B. and the two began to fight in the middle of the street before bystanders pulled them apart and called the cops.

A medical report conducted by Rashid Hospital confirmed abrasions on N.H.'s right cheek. Another report on S.B. read: "Patient complains of pain in right hand, no injuries or abrasions found". The case was adjourned to August 16.

BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Catfight in Al Quoz Jul 28, 2011
LOL I bet it was the Dubai nano second before she hit the horn as the light went green and she was so far into the boot of the car in front she couldn't go round.

Of course it's going to be the Egyptian lady's fault - duh :P
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Catfight In Al Quoz Jul 28, 2011
And the lesson here: Caution - don't drink any beverage in the car. It may cause you to slap someone's hand with your face. :shock:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Catfight In Al Quoz Jul 28, 2011
She failed to mention the gas stove on the kids lap keeping the tea warm and more than likely on the phone nattering with the other kid doing bouncy bouncy on the back seat.

It's that time of year pre Ramadan when the brain goes into hibernation.
spellcheckergirl
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat