Bus Drivers Befriends Grade 8 Girl On Facebook

Topic locked
Bus drivers befriends grade 8 girl on Facebook Jan 22, 2011
http://www.7days.ae/storydetails.php?id ... 0conductor

The vigilant parent caught this one, but how many such incidents go un noticed, I wonder ?

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Bus Drivers Befriends Grade 8 Girl On Facebook Jan 22, 2011
A woman is believed to have attacked a school bus conductor who befriended her daughter on facebook.

RESPECT !

.. mother after she learned he had started a friendship with her daughter, (facebook)

The mother has only HERSELF TO BLAME !
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Bus drivers befriends grade 8 girl on Facebook Jan 22, 2011
desertdudeshj wrote:http://www.7days.ae/storydetails.php?id=101772&page=localnews&title=Probe%20after%20attack%20on%20conductor

The vigilant parent caught this one, but how many such incidents go un noticed, I wonder ?

Who initiated the "friend request"? If the driver, the girl should have blocked him and told her mother. If the girl, then she is not so innocent. They had to know each other's name on FB to make contact/accept.

My niece, who is 16 and has basically been on her own for a very long time for the better part of every day and weekends as a result of having parents that worked, took up a friendship with a man (he was either the school bus driver or a tutor at an after school ongoing educational program, never really got that one straight) where they were exchanging phone calls and text messages. First reaction was to report it and get the man fired. I asked them since she was equally guilty, what punishment would my niece receive as she certainly knew better as she was as wrong as the driver. We were very disappointed in her behavior, but hubby was more disappointed with his sister and her husband as he believes that their absence in the home and lack of parenting were contributing factors.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Ever heard of the word grooming, recently there was a big hoopla here on about how some brown pervs of pakistani origin were grooming young white girls in the UK. How come these sentiments wern't echoed by posters then, there it was totally the fault of the brown pervs. And the girls involved in those cases were much older.

The girl here is in grade 8 can't be more than 11 or 12, doesn't matter who initiated the contact the fact remains the bus driver is a perv as he has no bussiness befriending 12 year olds.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Ever heard of the word grooming, recently there was a big hoopla here on about how some brown pervs of pakistani origin were grooming young white girls in the UK. How come these sentiments wern't echoed by posters then, there it was totally the fault of the brown pervs. And the girls involved in those cases were much older.

The girl here is in grade 8 can't be more than 11 or 12, doesn't matter who initiated the contact the fact remains the bus driver is a perv as he has no bussiness befriending 12 year olds.

At 12 or 13 years of age, if she was "groomed" by her parents it would not have happened. Shouldn't the mother have been more vigilant in teaching her daughter about FB? Everyone knows there is a down side to it. Grooming is training/teaching activity leading to skilled behavior - and I will add, it can also mean proper behavior.

And please don't go on about brown pervs with me - I dont recall contributing to those discussions.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

So its totally the parents fault, the bus driver has no blame here ?
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:So its totally the parents fault, the bus driver has no blame here ?

For..............your................benefit.................read...............slowly.

Where................... did................... I................. say................... that???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:At 12 or 13 years of age, if she was "groomed" by her parents it would not have happened. Shouldn't the mother have been more vigilant in teaching her daughter about FB? Everyone knows there is a down side to it. Grooming is training/teaching activity leading to skilled behavior - and I will add, it can also mean proper behavior.

ImageImageImage

Well said, with the all the events that are surfacing in dxb , people might pay heed :bounce:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

No still typing too fast :wink:

Bora Bora wrote:Who initiated the "friend request"? If the driver, the girl should have blocked him and told her mother. If the girl, then she is not so innocent. They had to know each other's name on FB to make contact/accept.

Yup. Its all the parents and girl's fault. Pervs will be pervs, so its no point in talking about them. Just like the other thread I posted about the vactican trying to cover up their molestation cases.

"Now listen son, the priest is a pedo and vactican rather cover this up rather than take action against him, he can't help it so try not to get too friendly with him in Church"

"And if you do get messed up, its your own fault for wearing such tight pants to church when you knew the priest was a pedo"

Maybe it was the parents fault also in the other case where the bus driver and his mate molested the little child.

In my view this parent was the vigilant one for having caught this and conforted the driver about this. What is disgusting is the school admin trying to shrug it off. How many parents of little or no education here are sending their childern to school here. They don't have internet at home or have no clue what FB is ? What about them ?

I have a good friend who is a mechanic and not educated beyond the 5 grade and his wife is totally uneducated. Has no net connection at home or knows anything about facebook or social sites like myspace or twitter. Has two small kids going to a decent school here, very soon they will grow older and probably convince the parents they need a connection at home.

School is a place where one should be able to leave in his kids in safe and secure enviroment. There is enough crap going around outside of school that one has to worry about their kid even during school time.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:No still typing too fast :wink:

Bora Bora wrote:Who initiated the "friend request"? If the driver, the girl should have blocked him and told her mother. If the girl, then she is not so innocent. They had to know each other's name on FB to make contact/accept.

Yup. Its all the parents and girl's fault. Pervs will be pervs, so its no point in talking about them. Just like the other thread I posted about the vactican trying to cover up their molestation cases.

"Now listen son, the priest is a pedo and vactican rather cover this up rather than take action against him, he can't help it so try not to get too friendly with him in Church"

"And if you do get messed up, its your own fault for wearing such tight pants to church when you knew the priest was a pedo"

Maybe it was the parents fault also in the other case where the bus driver and his mate molested the little child.

In my view this parent was the vigilant one for having caught this and conforted the driver about this. What is disgusting is the school admin trying to shrug it off. How many parents of little or no education here are sending their childern to school here. They don't have internet at home or have no clue what FB is ? What about them ?

I have a good friend who is a mechanic and not educated beyond the 5 grade and his wife is totally uneducated. Has no net connection at home or knows anything about facebook or social sites like myspace or twitter. Has two small kids going to a decent school here, very soon they will grow older and probably convince the parents they need a connection at home.

School is a place where one should be able to leave in his kids in safe and secure enviroment. There is enough crap going around outside of school that one has to worry about their kid even during school time.

Well I guess you know or figured it out as to how it all came about. :roll:

Unles your friends can't read, I don't think you need higher education to find out the downside of such sites. If they can't read then someone like you should "educate" them.

You're straying Dude, stay on topic.

-- Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:27 pm --

Bora Bora wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:No still typing too fast :wink:

Well I guess you know or figured it out as to how it all came about. :roll: Just keep in mind that 13 years can be wise beyond their years - why, you even talked about your friend's 13 year old son who can carry adult conversations.

Unles your friends can't read, I don't think you need higher education to find out the downside of such sites. If they can't read then someone like you should "educate" them.

You're straying Dude, stay on topic.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Double quote for double impact ?
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Double quote for double impact ?

Nope, just repeating it in case you missed something the first time. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Never imagined I'd say this but the laws regarding FB and social networking in general needs to be more stringent. Frankly speaking anyone below the age of 18 has no business being on FB!!!

-- Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:07 pm --

Never imagined I'd say this but the laws regarding FB and social networking in general needs to be more stringent. Frankly speaking anyone below the age of 18 has no business being on FB!!!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

I couldn't agree more. 18 at the very least.
desertdudeshj

Re: Bus Drivers Befriends Grade 8 Girl On Facebook Jan 23, 2011
Even if the men contacting the kids were pervs, if the kids were "street-proofed" they would spot that that is not appropriate behaviour from an adult and would cut off the attempts right from first request. So the pervy adults are to blame for sure, but parents who don't teach their kids about all forms of danger and keep an eye out for their kids are also contributing to the problem. Pervy adults know how to spot these kids and these are the ones they focus on.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

desertdudeshj wrote:Ever heard of the word grooming, recently there was a big hoopla here on about how some brown pervs of pakistani origin were grooming young white girls in the UK. How come these sentiments wern't echoed by posters then, there it was totally the fault of the brown pervs. And the girls involved in those cases were much older.

I dont know any schooling system here that has 11 year olds in Grade 8; Grade 8 students are genereally 12-14 years old....but yes, she is still a child.
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

The Pakistanis weren't grooming on FB, they were patrolling the streets in cars looking for young white girls who appeared vunerable.
If kids are on FB, they should accept some responsibility for who they accept as friends. If they aren't old enough to be responsible then they shouldn't have a FB page. Parents need to make sure their kids are street wise. Unfortunately there are a lot of dodgy people about and kids need to be made aware of it.
I don't have a problem with my 15 year old being on FB. She's not stupid and she has enough real friends so doesn't have to accept random requests from strangers.
Bethsmum

Re: Bus drivers befriends grade 8 girl on Facebook Jan 23, 2011
For all I know we have 8 year olds and bus drivers befriending each other on DF...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:For all I know we have 8 year olds and bus drivers befriending each other on DF...

I know a taxi driver, but he's not very friendly :D
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
Ambassador wrote:For all I know we have 8 year olds and bus drivers befriending each other on DF...

might be becuase you are not 8 (or are you?)
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:

might be becuase you are not 8 (or are you?)

No, Ambassador, I'm not 8, I was trying to do some calculation there to see if I was nearer 88 but me brains not working yet :D
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:No, Ambassador, I'm not 8, I was trying to do some calculation there to see if I was nearer 88 but me brains not working yet :D

I am guessing you are between 44-50. If you are 44 then 4+4= 8 (so watch out for bus drivers)
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

@Ambassador, you weren't BSing when you said you were a maths genius. From now on I'll consider myself to be 6 and a half.
Bethsmum

Hmm , I think ambassadress must have had a bad day , she was a little confused , werent you ?
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Bus drivers befriends grade 8 girl on Facebook Jan 24, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:@Ambassador, you weren't BSing when you said you were a maths genius. From now on I'll consider myself to be 6 and a half.

That's 7...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:@Ambassador, you weren't BSing when you said you were a maths genius. From now on I'll consider myself to be 6 and a half.

That's 7...

Not quite Ambassador.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
Ambassador wrote:

That's 7...

Not quite Ambassador.

9? 6 and 1/2 (of 6)...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

I never was any good at algerba, Ambassador, I was working in dog years :D
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat