Bullfighting

Topic locked
Bullfighting Aug 15, 2009
Is anyone well informed of this as far as the bull's end. I pretty much know how it goes from the "artistic" and "honorable fight/death" thing. Is it true in the past bulls in the arena were 5-8 years old but now they are 3 years old?

Do they at least get to enjoy a wild free range life before the arena? How are they treated right before entering the ring? I pretty much know what happens in the arena (their neck muscles are weakened to make it harder to lift their heads)?

How are their pre-arena lives different from the ones who end up in the slaughterhouse for meat on the shelves? Which has the "better" death?

Many thanks

puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 15, 2009
Oh please bullfighting is a barbaric and outdated sport. How can anyone watch an animal basically be skewered for entertainment.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 15, 2009
does it really matter? I mean end of the day they all get killed and we eat them :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 16, 2009
rudeboy wrote:does it really matter? I mean end of the day they all get killed and we eat them :D

By your rationale, what's the point of halal meat then?
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 16, 2009
Dr Strangeglove wrote:
rudeboy wrote:does it really matter? I mean end of the day they all get killed and we eat them :D

By your rationale, what's the point of halal meat then?

when I say WE, I mean the whole population of the earth i.e hindus, christians, etc etc and so on.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat