British Blonde’s Year In Dubai Jail! A Husband's Revenge???

Topic locked
British Blonde’s Year in Dubai Jail! A Husband's Revenge??? May 26, 2009
A husband's revenge???

It must be.

So many couples check in and out of hotels everyday in Dubai without having to show evidence that they are married!

Adultery blonde’s year in Dubai jail

By TOM WELLS
NICK PARKER
and BEN ASHFORD

Published: Today

A BRITISH businesswoman faces a year inside a squalid Arab prison for having an affair — after her fuming husband shopped her to police.
Cops in Dubai nabbed blonde mum-of-two Sally Antia, 44, as she left a five-star hotel with her lover in the early hours.
Last night she was in custody and facing deportation after admitting in court: “Yes, I did it.”
Luxury ... pair were in Deira Creek hotel
Sally, who has been married for 14 years and lived in Dubai for 12, told officers she paid for her lover’s flights from the UK to the strict Muslim emirate.
But the affair was uncovered by her hubby Vincent, 48, who tipped off cops on May 2.
They launched a 2.30am raid outside the £477-a-night Radisson Dubai Deira Creek hotel.
Adultery is punishable in Dubai by a maximum sentence of a year in jail and deportation.
Plush ... one of the hotel's 477 rooms
Sally’s lover, who has not been named, denied the same charge and will face another hearing next month.

Sally, thought to work for a corporate entertainment firm, said she spent SIX DAYS in a row with her lover before being caught.
A source told The Sun: “She is mortified.
“Her husband has wrought the ultimate revenge. She is trying to come to terms with the fact her life and career could lie in tatters.
“No one here believes she would be able to cope with prison.
“She has two children and she’s desperately worried about what will happen to them.
Unconfirmed reports claim Vincent is seeking a divorce and custody of their daughters, said to be aged 13 and 11.
Sally, originally from Merseyside, recently wrote on her Friends Reunited page: “Living in Dubai, enjoying the sunshine. Happy and healthy — what more can you ask for?”

t.wells@the-sun.co.uk

• Do you know Sally, her hubby or who her lover is? Call our newsdesk on 0207 782 4105

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... Dubai.html

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 26, 2009
I can understand the reaction of the hubby.

But I think its an absolute loser to destroy this womans life. But hey, who am I to judge his feelingz.... I would be having the same probably.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 26, 2009
RobbyG wrote:I can understand the reaction of the hubby.

But I think its an absolute loser to destroy this womans life. But hey, who am I to judge his feelingz.... I would be having the same probably.

I know. Revenge is sweet!!

Or perhaps he just needs documented evidence that she’s an adulterous… to help him with the divorce case and to get custody of the kids!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 26, 2009
How about male adultery?

I hope that is allowed :lol: lol: :lol:
RobbyG

May 26, 2009
usually if male does adultery its called bigamy i think because male usually get married to the 2nd wife hehehe
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

May 26, 2009
Nevermind, as long as we can jump like rabbits. Not a problem ;)
RobbyG

May 26, 2009
well as i have observe if male comits adultery not a big deal, while if its female well the world will tumble upon her... Thats why males do the bunny humping in most cases rather than females...hehehe
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

May 26, 2009
Interesting. In the 7Days version of the story, the hubby never wanted to press charges.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 26, 2009
RobbyG wrote:How about male adultery?

Married men are too smart not to get caught!!!! Right Robby???

:) :)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 26, 2009
Tom Jones wrote:
RobbyG wrote:How about male adultery?

Married men are too smart not to get caught!!!! Right Robby???

Hey, I'm a saint.

I'm not married yet. Liberté totale !!! Ola :lol:
RobbyG

May 26, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Interesting. In the 7Days version of the story, the hubby never wanted to press charges.

Isn't tipping off the cops tantamount to wanting to press charges?

Anyway, once they're caught, I don't think the hubby can drop the charges. The case goes to the Public Prosecutor!!!
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 26, 2009
if he did report her, he is a total selfish idiot. have a go against her if you must (though it won't solve a thing), but eventually the kids will pay dearly just like their mother.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 26, 2009
That is cold. Stone cold. Does he really want her to spend a year in prison? What will his children think? Won't talk to him again I expect.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

May 26, 2009
And they say "Hell has no fury like that of a scorned woman". HA!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 26, 2009
Simple Ethics is so missing in today's society. How do you send someone to prison after 14 years of marriage? Don't people have a conscience anymore?

If this continues I'm sure tourists heading here will give this place a second thought.
Radisson Dubai will be so pissed!

Besides how is it the woman's fault if her hubby is impotent?
I wonder what the husband's nationality was.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 26, 2009
Revenge makes some people crazy.

I had a mate who broke up with his girl after 2 years. They started fighting and it was a messy breakup and at the end of it, after they were apart and he could have left it alone, he dobs her into the Tax Office for something she claimed that was not legit.

In the end it cost her $7000 and a permanent mark on her tax record.

Why did he do it? Pure revenge. He just wanted to hurt her.

We're not friends anymore.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

May 26, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:And they say "Hell has no fury like that of a scorned woman". HA!!

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Hallelujah sister….!!

The wife will eventually go back to the UK, and the husband will then wish he never turned her in....

A woman’s wrath is lethal...!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 26, 2009
Tom Jones wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:And they say "Hell has no fury like that of a scorned woman". HA!!

Hallelujah sister….!!

The wife will eventually go back to the UK, and the husband will then wish he never turned her in....

8) 8)

Damn, I used to get in trouble for staying out too late. Imagine what would have happened if I put my girlfriend in prison?

Might as well cut it off now, at least I could ensure a clean cut. ;-)
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

May 26, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:

Hallelujah sister….!!

8) 8)

Damn, I used to get in trouble for staying out too late. Imagine what would have happened if I put my girlfriend in prison?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!

That's insanely hilarious ....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 26, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:

Hallelujah sister….!!

8) 8)

Captain… you won’t believe this…but I’m still laughing at what you said.

I really needed this good laugh today…

I haven’t laughed this hard and this loud in quite a while….

Thanks mate!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D :D :lol:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 26, 2009
Ha! glad I could help.

PS: Is laughing at your own jokes a sign of insanity? Cos I had a chuckle too. :-)
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

May 26, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:Ha! glad I could help.

PS: Is laughing at your own jokes a sign of insanity? Cos I had a chuckle too. :-)

You make a good drinking buddy Captain...

We'll celebrate when you get the new job!!!

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 26, 2009
Tom Jones wrote:
Captain Australia wrote:Ha! glad I could help.

You make a good drinking buddy Captain...

We'll celebrate when you get the new job!!!

I agree with this fellow.

Cap knows how to place a good laugh. Perhaps I need a maid soon to sweep me from the floor when I ROTFLMAO :lol:
RobbyG

May 26, 2009
Love to have a beer with you guys.

I'm heading home, maybe mid-end June. But I'm drinking at Barasti more often that I should. And it's game on when I end my job at the end of the month.

I'll throw a shout out next time I'm there. No organised DF meet, but if you're up you're up. Sorry Robby, gotta catch a plane for this one. ;-)
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

May 26, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:Love to have a beer with you guys.

I'm heading home, maybe mid-end June. But I'm drinking at Barasti more often that I should. And it's game on when I end my job at the end of the month.

I'll throw a shout out next time I'm there. No organised DF meet, but if you're up you're up. Sorry Robby, gotta catch a plane for this one. ;-)

All good Captain. We'll meet in another life ;)

Next time you're in Barasti, I'll join the virtual drink with ya! :lol:

Cheers mate :occasion5:
RobbyG

May 27, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:Revenge makes some people crazy.

I had a mate who broke up with his girl after 2 years. They started fighting and it was a messy breakup and at the end of it, after they were apart and he could have left it alone, he dobs her into the Tax Office for something she claimed that was not legit.

In the end it cost her $7000 and a permanent mark on her tax record.

Why did he do it? Pure revenge. He just wanted to hurt her.

We're not friends anymore.

I don't think it was revenge, because revenge has its rules as in 'An eye for an eye'. This guy was simply a miserable low life.
PointGiven
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 27, 2009
Yep, that husband is a total loser to turn his wife in. I have no idea why some women are risking getting caught after the whole Marnie Pierce incident. They shouldn't be having affairs anyway, but to fly the guy here and commit the adultery on UAE soil was pretty foolish.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 28, 2009
I feel sorry for her somehow... I think there should be an international law of some type to prison expats in their own countries instead of the country they are working in or touring.

it's really hard being left alone in any country prison away from your family and friends not to mention the confusing of a locals laws.

ones I was in Thailand and went to the police station to pay a trafficking ticket ( THE HELMET DID NOT FIT MY STUPID BIG HEAD ) and my god the things I saw in the police station was chaos and full of confusion, most of the foreigners thought it is a free country and you can do whatever you want not knowing that Thai laws are tuff and the smallest disrespect to it's locals or traditions or laws will get you dragged to jail in no time.

A small crime in your own country that is punished for a day or two could be punished for a year in prison in the other country.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 28, 2009
I guess none of you guys would get upset getting home and seeing your wife in bed with another man. You would offer him a drink and tell your wife it’s all ok. And if the kids find out their mom is sleeping with another man, its ok too. They’re not going to get sad or anything about that.

I wonder, why not just get divorced if there is no love anymore and after that find a new companion?
bezor
Dubai Forums Member

May 28, 2009
bezor wrote:I guess none of you guys would get upset getting home and seeing your wife in bed with another man. You would offer him a drink and tell your wife it’s all ok. And if the kids find out their mom is sleeping with another man, its ok too. They’re not going to get sad or anything about that.

I wonder, why not just get divorced if there is no love anymore and after that find a new companion?

Divorce is of course the best solution to an incompatible or unhappy marriage but in the west, it is not always as easy as you might think. There are property and financial issues to deal with, alimony, child support…etc. For example, in California, a spouse gets ½ the wealth of the other spouse unless there is a prenuptial agreement!!!

These hurdles do unfortunately contribute to the occurrence of cheating and adultery in bad marriages, albeit unjustifiably in my opinion. I believe when you’re committed, you must remain faithful no matter what until you fully get out of the commitment!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat