British Blonde’s Year In Dubai Jail! A Husband's Revenge???

Topic locked
May 29, 2009
Definitely people should just wait until they are divorced before starting something with someone new.

I love the law in California - sounds fair to me! If you look at what happens to many women after divorce - many have full custody of the kids and they live at the poverty level because they are refused support, can't afford to fight a long battle using a lawyer, and they can't get the 50% or family assets that they deserve after being in an equal partnership with their spouse over the years they were married. They should do the 50-50 and be done with each other! So many women are at a disadvantage, especially if they have been at home for many years raising the children and need to get back into a well paying job.

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 29, 2009
kanelli wrote: I have no idea why some women are risking getting caught after the whole Marnie Pierce incident. They shouldn't be having affairs anyway, but to fly the guy here and commit the adultery on UAE soil was pretty foolish.

Not sure about this. The guy KNEW his wife was seeing the guy. He even knew or found out where they would be, it seems. Those are the things that she should be hit over the head for (as well as the adultery maybe, but I don't judge).

How many unmarried people go to hotels in this country every night together? I knew one girl who had an arrangement with a hotel night manager on SZR for a room by the hour at her favourite hotel (she wasn't a s*x worker, just your average dumb horny Brit and I woudn't touch her with yours....err, not that you have one kanelli....). Saying that she was dumb to do it is like saying it's dumb to cross the road, 'cause a few people will get creamed doing it....but the vast majority won't. ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 29, 2009
I don't think anyone deserves to be jailed for adultery, since it is private business between them and their spouse. Also, I don't know all the details about this couple, like if they were already separated etc. Still, after the Marnie Pearce incident, people should be waking up to the fact that a mean and vindictive spouse/ex-spouse can take advantage of the laws in the UAE and have their spouse/ex-spouse arrested and jailed for "adultery", especially in a cheap attempt to gain full custody of children.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 29, 2009
kanelli wrote:I don't think anyone deserves to be jailed for adultery, since it is private business between them and their spouse. Also, I don't know all the details about this couple, like if they were already separated etc. Still, after the Marnie Pearce incident, people should be waking up to the fact that a mean and vindictive spouse/ex-spouse can take advantage of the laws in the UAE and have their spouse/ex-spouse arrested and jailed for "adultery", especially in a cheap attempt to gain full custody of children.

Agreed! It should really be a heads-up to anyone in a messy situation like that.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 29, 2009
kanelli wrote:I don't think anyone deserves to be jailed for adultery, since it is private business between them and their spouse. Also, I don't know all the details about this couple, like if they were already separated etc. Still, after the Marnie Pearce incident, people should be waking up to the fact that a mean and vindictive spouse/ex-spouse can take advantage of the laws in the UAE and have their spouse/ex-spouse arrested and jailed for "adultery", especially in a cheap attempt to gain full custody of children.

Agreed. I don't think anyone is defending this women, who obviously went to great lengths to commit an immoral act, and I think the husband is despicable for calling the cops when he would have know what would follow, but the real crime here is the fact that adultery carries a jail sentence in the UAE.

FYI - I agree that all countries have problems with draconian laws. In Tasmania, a state of Australia, homosexuality was punishable by 25 years jail up until 1997. No one got charged with it, but it was still on the books.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

May 30, 2009
FYI - I agree that all countries have problems with draconian laws. In Tasmania, a state of Australia, homosexuality was punishable by 25 years jail up until 1997. No one got charged with it, but it was still on the books.[/quote]

Tasmaia sounds like a great place to be I would make it at least 100 years and throw a way the keys too. perverts, queers,shirt lifters
nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 30, 2009
As for the BRITISH businesswoman faces a year inside a squalid Arab prison
who do these locals think they are ?
Don`t they know that she is a Brit ! and do what ever they want were ever they are those dumb ass sand mokeys
nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 31, 2009
Where I live right now I can be arrested for walking naked in my own house if someone happens to catch a glimpse through the window and reports me. And oral s.e.x is illegal unless it leads to "normal" s.e.x. I'm wondering how they enforce that one! :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat