Sep 22, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Ballbraker wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:erm I think you'll find that's the population of the UK not England!

erm, if you google England, United Kingdom pops up. Could they be one in the same?

Er no the United Kingdom is made up of 4 countries BB, that would be England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, did you never do geography at school! You couldn't physically fit 61 million people in England!

I can't get u-tube here, but I think this video says it all;

Here's for you and Chocs.

As I have already said, can't view u-tube in China, will have to wait until I returm.

China? What, time to buy another wife already?

Shut up fool, you don't know me.

Hit a nerve, did I?

Well you must be the fool as you don't know me to call me a fool?

I almost got you pegged alredy !! Just let me read a few more post from you and I'll tell you who you are. First starters and based on this post you are British married to a non British person (by birth). How's that so far?

Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Why is this topic even being discussed? And yet the grandmother and her 3 grandchildren who died in a fire in Sharjah get zip, nothing, nadda!

Who cares about this?

Call a real reporter. This is a forum.
Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
Ballbraker wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
Ballbraker wrote:
Speedhump wrote:Ok let's leave it! And for the record I feel strongly that pokes about all nationalities are sensitive areas and should be used carefully, as that's how most of the flame wars here start (I know I was no saint and nor was the Chief, and he's still banging on about arrogance even in this thread, amazing...) ;)

What's wrong with flame outs anyway :D

I don't mind a good fight, but when it's irredeemably racist and/or xenophobic I find it ignorant and tasteless.

Fair enough. I was gettign worried this place was full of over sensitive winnies.

There are quite a few, they sometimes get burned to a crisp.

cool :twisted:
Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Why is this topic even being discussed? And yet the grandmother and her 3 grandchildren who died in a fire in Sharjah get zip, nothing, nadda!

Who cares about this?

WTF??? You got fingers, why didn't YOU start a thread about it, if you care so much.

Whining about what other people do or don't do, instead of thinking about your own actions or lack of them, seems your raison d'être......
:roll:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 22, 2009
Ballbraker wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Ballbraker wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:erm I think you'll find that's the population of the UK not England!

erm, if you google England, United Kingdom pops up. Could they be one in the same?

Er no the United Kingdom is made up of 4 countries BB, that would be England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, did you never do geography at school! You couldn't physically fit 61 million people in England!

As I have already said, can't view u-tube in China, will have to wait until I returm.

Hit a nerve, did I?

I almost got you pegged alredy !! Just let me read a few more post from you and I'll tell you who you are. First starters and based on this post you are British married to a non British person (by birth). How's that so far?

Hey don't mock the Sage or you bring the wrath from the denizens of DF.. :D

I doubt he will respond anyway, I'm surprised he bit at your first out of the blue crack.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 22, 2009
DP :oops:
Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
Ballbraker wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Ballbraker wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Hit a nerve, did I?

I doubt he will respond anyway, I'm surprised he bit at your first out of the blue crack.

oh no ! more clues. let me guess? Old guy (the word "mock" gave it up). We used to mock grandpa :twisted:
Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2009
Ballbraker wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
Ballbraker wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Ballbraker wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Hit a nerve, did I?

oh no ! more clues. let me guess? Old guy (the word "mock" gave it up). We used to mock grandpa :twisted:

Ah, I now I get it, just trolling....well you won't last long I guess. They come and they go. Did you have to look up the word mock? Education's not what it used to be in my day, but that's mostly down to the quality of the intake, I blame the parents. :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 22, 2009
Ballbraker wrote:

Who cares about this?

Hey just a question, did you make any even slightly interesting or positive posts yet, or has it all been like this? Only really asking if you intend to keep embarrassing yourself like this. Sorry, bit of a big word, embarrassing, break it up into syllables, you'll get there in the end. ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 23, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
Ballbraker wrote:

Who cares about this?

Hey just a question, did you make any even slightly interesting or positive posts yet, or has it all been like this? Only really asking if you intend to keep embarrassing yourself like this. Sorry, bit of a big word, embarrassing, break it up into syllables, you'll get there in the end. ;)

all the advice I can give you is; fasten your seatbelts !
Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 23, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
Ballbraker wrote:

Who cares about this?

Oh, then I'll fit right in as I've yet to read and interesting post other than I-know-you-and-you-know-me kind of sophomoric babel by those with a large number of posts. But I'm hopeful. By the way, post count counts for squat!
Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 23, 2009
Look at the headline of this thread ..."Body found in Jumeirah hotel" !!
VERY BAD PUBLICITY for Jumeirah !!

Yet, where is the hotel ? in NEW YORK, USA !! That headline is typical of a "News of the World " or "Sun" headline in the UK.........MISLEADING TO GRAB ATTENTION!!

Until I opened this thread....FROM THE UK....I thought the death was in a Jumeirah hotel in Dubai.......AS THE AUTHOR INTENDED ME TO THINK!!

That sort of thing is VERY BAD publicity for your nicest , most upmarket holiday area in Dubai....which is JUMEIRAH!!

In these tough economic times , you people SEEKING WORK AND MONEY in Dubai, should be actively PROMOTING your best areas, like Jumeirah, so that people from all over the world visit Jumeirah , spend money in beautiful hotels and purchase property there!!

You need GOOD POSITIVE MARKETING.....not STUPID ....deliberately misleading ones like the one on this thread.....which does JUMEIRAH AND DUBAI NO GOOD AT ALL!!
There is one extremely good ,positive aspect of Dubai....and that is a lack of violent crime . This makes it a good place to go on holiday. Decent people want to FEEL SAFE on holiday. ONE BAD HEADLINE in a national newspaper costs a holiday location millions of pounds in lost holidays...often cancelled on hearing of violent crime.
The murder of the Welsh couple honeymooning in Antigua, in the Caribbean , has cost Antigua HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of pounds in lost holiday revenue ,because it made headlines all over the UK and western Europe.
BAD NEWS TRAVELS MUCH FASTER THAN GOOD NEWS !!!!
Anyway , to counter-balance this bad news thread containing the word "Jumeirah" , I have started "Jumeirah and Visit Jumeirah" to push the many positive aspects of the name.
Jumeirah is one of the iconic names of Dubai. It is an UPMARKET holiday area with several very fine 5 star hotels and luxury villas. For the good of the WHOLE Dubai economy, it is the positive marketing aspects regarding Jumeirah that should be promoted globally , not misleading headlines like the one on this thread.
Your violent crime rate in Dubai is very low [unlike white collar business crime and fraud, which are higher].
When people choose a holiday they want to FEEL SAFE when they are out walking or sleeping in their beds......so PROMOTE THAT ASPECT!!

Out of curiosity, why the headline? Does Jumeirah Holdings own the New York hotel...or is it just called Jumeirah Hotel ?
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 23, 2009
Checked it out now. It was the Jumeirah Essex House , in Central Park area of New York.

The unfortunate victim was a 44 year old Lebanese businesswoman from Dubai, involved with marketing Dubai property.
She was about to be raped at knife point by the head house-keeper, a 29 year old African American male. She put up a struggle and had her throat slashed. Poor woman !!

As I said....... a MISLEADING HEADLINE ....to this thread .
Market JUMEIRAH, Dubai , don't sully its good name!!
This sort of crime does not occur in Jumeirah , Dubai. If it did, it would cost Dubai HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of pounds in lost business.
Make NO mistake !! Decent tourists want CRIME-FREE locations.
For example, I have been to several Caribbean islands , but I steer clear of Jamaica because of its bad reputation.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 23, 2009
RedKite wrote:Checked it out now. It was the Jumeirah Essex House , in Central Park area of New York.

The unfortunate victim was a 44 year old Lebanese businesswoman from Dubai, involved with marketing Dubai property.
She was about to be raped at knife point by the head house-keeper, a 29 year old African American male. She put up a struggle and had her throat slashed. Poor woman !!

As I said....... a MISLEADING HEADLINE ....to this thread .
Market JUMEIRAH, Dubai , don't sully its good name!!
This sort of crime does not occur in Jumeirah , Dubai. If it did, it would cost Dubai HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of pounds in lost business.
Make NO mistake !! Decent tourists want CRIME-FREE locations.
For example, I have been to several Caribbean islands , but I steer clear of Jamaica because of its bad reputation.

And I have been to Jamaica several times and never had a problem.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 23, 2009

Who cares about this?

To be honest FC, you really didn't give much mention about the woman that was murdered, you were more interested on commenting about New York. Actually, you didn't even acknowledge her death.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat