Bad Product - Whitenning Soap

Topic locked
Bad Product - whitenning soap Dec 16, 2006
I buy whitenning soap in Dubai and use all time. still not white. store dont give refund cause evidence gone. what to do :oops: :oops:

MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 16, 2006
Why on earth would you want to whiten your skin? Brown and black = beautiful, without a doubt! I know you're kidding about the thread and all but really, what's up with this entrenched belief (in certain cultures) that fair is better?

Hey, Friday magazine editors, on the off chance that you're reading this, your 'Ask the ayurvedic doctor' feature became tiresome a long time ago (they never pay attention to my emails, I wonder why? anyway..).

Their advise to normal questions is generally good but one of the most repeated ad nauseam question seems to be about making skin lighter: "I'm pregnant, and dark skinned, but I want to have a light-skinned baby, what herbs can I take to make my baby white?" "I'm very dark, boo-hoo-hoo, how can I make my skin fairer?" "Ever since I got to Dubai I became brown, how can I lighten my skin?"

ha!

Who are these wannabe fair people trying to fool anyway? Themselves.. right.
freza
Dubai chat master

Dec 16, 2006
freza wrote:Why on earth would you want to whiten your skin? Brown and black = beautiful, without a doubt! I know you're kidding about the thread and all but really, what's up with this entrenched belief (in certain cultures) that fair is better?

Hey, Friday magazine editors, on the off chance that you're reading this, your 'Ask the ayurvedic doctor' feature became tiresome a long time ago (they never pay attention to my emails, I wonder why? anyway..).

Their advise to normal questions is generally good but one of the most repeated ad nauseam question seems to be about making skin lighter: "I'm pregnant, and dark skinned, but I want to have a light-skinned baby, what herbs can I take to make my baby white?" "I'm very dark, boo-hoo-hoo, how can I make my skin fairer?" "Ever since I got to Dubai I became brown, how can I lighten my skin?"

ha!

Who are these wannabe fair people trying to fool anyway? Themselves.. right.

you like brown. then I already in luv wid you. :oops: :oops:
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 16, 2006
Have you seen those girls with the un-natural, ungodly bleached face but their necks and arms were bleach-resistant or something cuz they still be brownish. eeek!
freza
Dubai chat master

Dec 16, 2006
freza wrote:Have you seen those girls with the un-natural, ungodly bleached face but their necks and arms were bleach-resistant or something cuz they still be brownish. eeek!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've seen those ladies. Sometimes they are wearing cake foundation that isn't match with their skin colour (face is very white like that of white lady but their elbows & knees hahaha..no further comment) and those ladies have colonial mentality!
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 16, 2006
asc_26 wrote:those ladies have colonial mentality!

i doubt that diss would be felt .. hahahaha
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Dec 16, 2006
Jamal wrote:

Do you know what's colonial mentality?! Geez.. i inherit the dissing from u err.... let's see who bites. :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 16, 2006
yea mami .. no doubt i know what kind of mentality that is ..

an u inhertin all my best trait's
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Dec 16, 2006
Some people i know would really spend bucks just to be white, whitening cream, whitening lotion, whitening soap, etc etc..some would spend on pills for the skin pigment etc just to be white.

And the whites are spending so much to become bronze! Sometimes the world is just so complicated.

What really makes me laugh are the bronze skin colour ladies putting so much flour on their face to appear white and their face look like uncooked pancake or arabic bread perhaps :lol:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Bad Product - whitenning soap Dec 16, 2006
MAC wrote:I buy whitenning soap in Dubai and use all time. still not white. store dont give refund cause evidence gone. what to do :oops: :oops:

r u Michael Jackson?
bonitta
Dubai chat master

Dec 16, 2006
hahaha yo hahhahahahhah foreal & thats what yall women do diguise the truth from us brothers whitening shit hahahahhaha....

u know wat i would still do them out of sympthy hahahahhahah

DON
ISH
ISH
Dubai chat master

Dec 17, 2006
People really try to whiten their skin? :shock: (Please pardon the ignorant white lady question)
SimplyMe
Dubai Forum User

Dec 17, 2006
lols that was really a funny statement hahahhaha
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 17, 2006
There are so many whitening products available it's ridiculous. And yeah I find it silly that white people want to be tanned and vise versa. I would say that you should only use whitening products to even out skin tone. As the skin ages, you can get blemishes, pigment spots etc, mostly caused by sun exposure, these products are pretty good at sorting those issues out.

But to whiten your skin totally, is just bananas.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 17, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:But to whiten your skin totally, is just bananas.

Hahahahaha no wonder Michael Jackson loves monkeys, they like bananas as well.

It is funny though, people always seem to want what they don't have, people with curly hair want straight, straight want curly, white people want to be brown and brown people want to be white.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Dec 17, 2006
fayz wrote:

It is funny though, people always seem to want what they don't have, people with curly hair want straight, straight want curly, white people want to be brown and brown people want to be white.

ok I ask refund. I bring picture old one brown, new one still brown and soap gone.

I hear I shud drink milk and then be white. I try after get refund.
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 17, 2006
Jamal wrote:

lol, yeah I doubt it too. To explan what asc_26 meant, you see there's this place somewhere in Asia that has been colonized for centuries by spain and then for decades by the US...
... and so the wanting to be fair-skinned like their previous colonizers (among other things) is considered a manifestation of colonial mentality.
:wink:
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Dec 17, 2006
MAC wrote:
fayz wrote:

ok I ask refund. I bring picture old one brown, new one still brown and soap gone.

I hear I shud drink milk and then be white. I try after get refund.

They gave you refund?! Bwahaha.. this technique can be used to make some money ... I bought your products and this is what i got, skin blemishes and allergies, now pay me for the damaged.

Don't be deceived by those misleading advertisements you've seen on TV, print ads or even billboards.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 18, 2006
fayz wrote:It is funny though, people always seem to want what they don't have, people with curly hair want straight, straight want curly, white people want to be brown and brown people want to be white.

People are just not contented and dont appreciate what they have...
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat