Aus V India 2nd Test Sydney

Topic locked
Jan 08, 2008
iceman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 08, 2008
I can show a gazillion reports on jillion newspapers and web pages that emerge from our side of the world.. but interestingly.. there are some aussie players, commentators and reporters who are speaking, writing against Ponting, Umpiring and they way Aussie played the test. Nonetheless,I guess the matter should be solved amicably and the only way out is lifting the ban on Bajji..

If at all that what's been claimed by a couple of players is racist, the decision and the test match officials 've been much more racist.. just to add to the long abusive pattern and abhorrent manner in which aussie team plays and treats the officials and cricketers from elsewhere especially those from the subcontinent.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 08, 2008
You mean it seems like everyone is coming out to bash the winning team.

Cricket really is farcical when it allows someone like India to use its $$$$ to manipulate the game in its favour.

They should face the facts, which is they suck, and they lost.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 08, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote: the decision and the test match officials 've been much more racist..

How so?

FFS! It's a competitive sport, not tiddly winks. Grow some chest hairs.
^ian^

Jan 08, 2008
This is what happens when a team becomes so good they stay on top for a while.

People complain about the competitiveness.
They complain about the rules.
They complain about the officials.

The complain about everything else they can, but never their own lack of ability to compete.

Do you think India would have complained if they had won the test match?
^ian^

Jan 08, 2008
^ian^ wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote: the decision and the test match officials 've been much more racist..

How so?

FFS! It's a competitive sport, not tiddly winks. Grow some chest hairs.

tiddly winks -- Exactly what aussies did when they complained against bhajji's or is it his bowling?

and its so easy.. when one is supporting ones' team he/she manipulates every rule .. much like when u are on the streets driving.. every other driver is a lunatic/ a.hole/ rule breaker.. but when u cut infront of a driver.. its coz that moron driver was so slow.. n u did the right thing.

FFS: Chest hair..??? I Shave them off for (1) I 've them over flowing sweat glands (2)To see the progress from work outs.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 08, 2008
^ian^ wrote:This is what happens when a team becomes so good they stay on top for a while.

People complain about the competitiveness.
They complain about the rules.
They complain about the officials.

The complain about everything else they can, but never their own lack of ability to compete.

Do you think India would have complained if they had won the test match?

I doubt if there were so many complaints when Westindies were the world champs. When we won the t20 worlcup there werent much complaints except from Aussies, When Srilanka were one day champs none except aussies had a problem with them. When Paksitan were oneday champs.. aussies had a big problem with that too... hmm yeah u may b right with your arguments .. only interms if they arent on top...

and oh yea I think they would've still complained to lift the ban on Bajji..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 08, 2008
Only 2 teams have won 16 tests in a row.

Australia and Australia.

Personally, I don't care if India go home. I don't care what people say about Ricky Ponting or the Australian team, or the way we play the game.

Fact is, before the attitude of winning test matches came along with Steve Waugh, Test Cricket was a boring farce that had a 70% chance of ending in a Draw.... 70%!!!!

Now the game is exciting, emotional, passionate and worth watching. Sure you have to break some eggs along the way... but playing to win is much better to watch than playing not to lose.

Now, if the egos of the BCCI cannot handle that... that's a real shame.
^ian^

Jan 08, 2008
^ian^ wrote:Only 2 teams have won 16 tests in a row.

Australia and Australia.

Personally, I don't care if India go home. I don't care what people say about Ricky Ponting or the Australian team, or the way we play the game.

Fact is, before the attitude of winning test matches came along with Steve Waugh, Test Cricket was a boring farce that had a 70% chance of ending in a Draw.... 70%!!!!

Now the game is exciting, emotional, passionate and worth watching. Sure you have to break some eggs along the way... but playing to win is much better to watch than playing not to lose.

Now, if the egos of the BCCI cannot handle that... that's a real shame.

Personally, I dont care if they come back or continue playing in the unfair turf ( atleast to them) .. but if u meant to say you can do anything if you are winning or to make the game more competitive, what were aussies complaining when they couldnt stand srisanth and Robin uttapa or Indian teams celebrations? Hmm Srisanth's may've been a case of ridiculously extreme antics to aussies.. but who are aussies to decide what is being aggressive and what is not..?

I thought they played well in the 2nd test and had it not been for the umpiring decisions they may've won the match as well.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 08, 2008
Really, sluggin' it out for the sake of cricket.... eh... :lol: :lol: :lol:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 08, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:Personally, I dont care if they come back or continue playing in the unfair turf ( atleast to them) .. but if u meant to say you can do anything if you are winning or to make the game more competitive, what were aussies complaining when they couldnt stand srisanth and Robin uttapa or Indian teams celebrations? Hmm Srisanth's may've been a case of ridiculously extreme antics to aussies.. but who are aussies to decide what is being aggressive and what is not..?

As if I said you can do anything when you're winning.

You most certainly cannot racially abuse someone, regardless of whether you're winning or losing.

As for Sreesnath's display in celebrating wickets, Australia is not the first team to take offence to his outlandish and over the top displays. The guy is an embarrassment to Indian cricket, a statement many Indians have agreed with.

Getting back to the race issue, it's not nice to be vilified for your race is it? I note in the events thread you point out that one such club in Dubai does it. It has no place anywhere, not even on the cricket pitch, there's no denying or avoiding this.

I thought they played well in the 2nd test and had it not been for the umpiring decisions they may've won the match as well.

I think if they were better captained and made of tougher stuff they could have won the match. There were no umpiring decisions in the 1st session of day 5 that led to Kumble not bowling out Australia for a gettable total.
^ian^

Jan 08, 2008
reviewer wrote:Really, sluggin' it out for the sake of cricket.... eh... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I represent the unanimously ultimate cricket council that fight for the freedom of monkeys and donkeys from being hit by the cricket ball. If they stop playing, our committe will be dislodged and I'll be jobless. Our fight is also to take some action so that our esteemed monkeys and donkeys should be allowed to play cricket instead of those who act like them or call human beings these names..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 08, 2008
And the opposing team what say ya....
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 08, 2008
reviewer wrote:And the opposing team what say ya....

Well, we represent the pursuit of excellence in every endeavour.

It is a sad indictment of Australian sporting ethic that we tend to play hard, but also one of our key values is fairness.
^ian^

Jan 08, 2008
reviewer wrote:And the opposing team what say ya....

iceman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 08, 2008
^ian^ wrote:
As if I said you can do anything when you're winning.

You most certainly cannot racially abuse someone, regardless of whether you're winning or losing.

I think the importance should be on that word. Abuse.. in India, most people will not tolerate words like bastard, or any of the various adjectives of ****** ..or for that matter most of the abusive words that may b a part of Aussie cricket's fairplay bible and very much seen as just having a crack at someone or even a friendly banter..

^ian^ wrote:As for Sreesnath's display in celebrating wickets, Australia is not the first team to take offence to his outlandish and over the top displays. The guy is an embarrassment to Indian cricket, a statement many Indians have agreed with.

I dont agree to those views.. Except on the fact that his emotions hurt his bowling..we r a nation of over a billion people each with zillion opinions and views.. many Indians liked it as well. Same with Uttappa

^ian^ wrote:Getting back to the race issue, it's not nice to be vilified for your race is it? I note in the events thread you point out that one such club in Dubai does it. It has no place anywhere, not even on the cricket pitch, there's no denying or avoiding this.

You are talking about an allegation which is reported by just 3 players.. the umpires and others 've denied of hearing it.. the other indian batsman and the alleged criminal ( I do take racism as a serious issue) himself has denied it. How can someone logically call someone else a racist when its not proven? and when one of the game's best known ambassador's integrity is questioned by not giving any value to his testimony?

And going by the standards shown by the officials with inconsistency and partisan judgement on the field and off it all against a team.. thats racism too if looked at tht way.

I think if they were better captained and made of tougher stuff they could have won the match. There were no umpiring decisions in the 1st session of day 5 that led to Kumble not bowling out Australia for a gettable total.[/quote]

No one questions Aussies's talent. There were umpiring errors through out the match..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 08, 2008

Australia and Australia.

That is why I believe that Australia acted the way that they did.
They were under a lot of pressure to equal the record and were prepared to win at any cost.

Whilst I fully support our never say die attitude, I am embassed when they become ungracious winners and start winging and bleating and acting like they have just lost.

Having said that, India have the chance to come back with nothing to lose and everything to win. They are are missing a golden opportunity to leave Australia with egg on their face and it is a shame that they are giving up.
I would really like to see them come back and put up a good fight. That is what Australia would do.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 08, 2008
benwj wrote:

Australia and Australia.

That is why I believe that Australia acted the way that they did.
They were under a lot of pressure to equal the record and were prepared to win at any cost.

Whilst I fully support our never say die attitude, I am embassed when they become ungracious winners and start winging and bleating and acting like they have just lost.

Having said that, India have the chance to come back with nothing to lose and everything to win. They are are missing a golden opportunity to leave Australia with egg on their face and it is a shame that they are giving up.
I would really like to see them come back and put up a good fight. That is what Australia would do.

Hmm wish to see that as well .. highly doubt the expected outcome though.. Coz Aussies are still the better players..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 08, 2008
Hello..........none of you saw my signal.....

It' time for tea break.......never thought it would be like hell umpiring these two bozzos...... :roll: :roll:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 08, 2008
reviewer wrote:Hello..........none of you saw my signal.....

It' time for tea break.......never thought it would be like hell umpiring these two bozzos...... :roll: :roll:

...I don't think so...things have just taken another turn:

http://content-gulf.cricinfo.com/ausvin ... 29815.html

:?
iceman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 08, 2008
iceman wrote:
reviewer wrote:Hello..........none of you saw my signal.....

...I don't think so...things have just taken another turn:

http://content-gulf.cricinfo.com/ausvin ... 29815.html

:?

Ahh yes we were aware of this tit for tatt yesterday.

Thing is Hogg is out of the next test anyway.
^ian^

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat