Are "we" Taking Ourselves Too Seriously...

Topic locked
Re: Are "we" Taking Ourselves Too Seriously... Nov 16, 2010
I see we are in a very festive mood today ;)

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Are "we" Taking Ourselves Too Seriously... Nov 16, 2010
desertdudeshj wrote:Well it has been like this for a quite a while now with very minimal intervention other than the few threads going to FC. I personally had no problem with it and I don't think many did either. But then someone went about asking for it in a quest for a better change and then did like it when change was brought about and another can of worms was opened

Some people even blamed the mods for being lazy and not doing enough. Just goes to show you can't keep all the people happy all the time.

But it was starting to get way out of hand and needed to some discipline.

DDS thank you for the biggest laugh I've had all day and I do a lot of laughing. How often do you discipline yourself? No! Forget I asked. I have a mental picture. Errr

Regards
Your Chubs x
Bethsmum

Re: Are "we" taking ourselves too seriously... Nov 17, 2010
Ambassador wrote:@ arniegang,

Here is a suggestion; what if the mods did nothing for a week (no editing, deleting, moving, etc.), exept for deleting spams (easy to spot :wink: ).

Since there is only a small group of posters I will say that nothing will happen to the forum. It may make it better as the baiters will know that their posts will not generate a "reaction" or a "reprimand" from mods. Or perhaps I am being naive as it appears that everyone of the regulars is a mod so that mod talk/intervention is what generates the posts.

To recap, doing nothing might be best. What will happen?

Yes, you are naive. This forum has been harmed many times by trolls and by constant bickering amongst some members. Who knows how many lurkers waiting to post and become contributing members have been completely turned off by the content here and even left the forum completely. I've seen what happens when forums have loose and inconsistent moderating - they have completely imploded.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Are "we" Taking Ourselves Too Seriously... Nov 17, 2010
After the shit fest on the Eid Thread I'm fully onboard for keeping the reigns nice and tight
desertdudeshj

No kidding. The only appropriate messages for that thread were good wishes for a wonderful Eid.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

desertdudeshj wrote:After the tasty fest on the Eid Thread I'm fully onboard for keeping the reigns nice and tight

:roll: :roll: And who is going to reign you in???? That is the big question!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:After the tasty fest on the Eid Thread I'm fully onboard for keeping the reigns nice and tight

I say he is reigning himself in with all those inane posts.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

I say he is reigning himself in with all those inane and posts.

Well I guess we will have to wait and see when we get his commentary on Dubai Forum at 5 News. Look forward to the day/week in review wrap-up in case I missed something newsworthy. :roll: :roll:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Like i said in Eid Mrbarak thread "grow up wil all of you please".

Look, If /sage leave things go to run then i am sure others and certainly will continue to get fed up reading all the pettyness going on in here at the moment. No, i am going to continue interject, sorry. Again like i said iin Eid thread some of you will be be going if things dont improve.

Just because people dont post, it doesnt mean that 000s come in daily to read DF similar to them reading a newspaper. This forum doesnt and is not here to just to serve, what is considered minor handfull of regular posters.
arniegang

Obviously the answer to the OP is: YES.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:Obviously the answer to the OP is: YES.

I agree and on that note i am locking this thread and, nobody suggested it - It is my decision to lock
arniegang

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat