Are Cops Pulling People Over Now?

Topic locked
Are Cops pulling people over now? Nov 27, 2007
Over the past few days I've seen a few cars on the side of SZR with a patrol car behind them (police lights running). I also saw a patrol car pulll someone over and a patrol car racing on the left lane with lights flashing (no siren).

I am wondering whether in addition to cameras the cops have decided to enforce the speed limits by pulling people over, etc.

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 27, 2007
For this month I believe they are pulling people over.

They are also doing spot DUI checks this month.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 27, 2007
I've been seeing people pulled over on SZR for years now by marked cop cars. The unmarked car you saw, it could be a real cop car, or it could be a kid with flashers in the headlights (as I sort of know someone who did that to his Camry. Cheap mod).
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 27, 2007
gtmash wrote:I've been seeing people pulled over on SZR for years now by marked cop cars. The unmarked car you saw, it could be a real cop car, or it could be a kid with flashers in the headlights (as I sort of know someone who did that to his Camry. Cheap mod).

The one's is saw where marked hence I used the term "patrol cars".
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 27, 2007
Concord wrote:
gtmash wrote:I've been seeing people pulled over on SZR for years now by marked cop cars. The unmarked car you saw, it could be a real cop car, or it could be a kid with flashers in the headlights (as I sort of know someone who did that to his Camry. Cheap mod).

The one's is saw where marked hence I used the term "patrol cars".

I'm with you, I have noticed a higher incidence of patrol cars pulling people over.
^ian^

Nov 27, 2007
yeah i heard there was some sort of drunk driving problem and the police got a kick in the butt and now they have checkpoints on jumeirah, dhiyafah especially on weekends after 3am checking for DUI. Also people are being pulled over for not wearing seatbelt or having more than 30% tint ..

i am not sure if its really something that happened or Dubai Police is trying to reach its target for fines before end of the year :lol:
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 27, 2007
MaaaD wrote:yeah i heard there was some sort of drunk driving problem and the police got a kick in the butt and now they have checkpoints on jumeirah, dhiyafah especially on weekends after 3am checking for DUI. Also people are being pulled over for not wearing seatbelt or having more than 30% tint ..

i am not sure if its really something that happened or Dubai Police is trying to reach its target for fines before end of the year :lol:

One of the senior Traffic Police was on the Radio yesterday saying that they are now pulling people over as a way to make the roads a safer place. Checking documents, tinting etc., issuing fines where applicable.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 27, 2007
shame they dont pull over those with outdated licence plates and plates still showing the Burj. It is also highly probable these people have no insurance as well.
arniegang

Nov 27, 2007
arniegang wrote:shame they dont pull over those with outdated licence plates and plates still showing the Burj. It is also highly probable these people have no insurance as well.

They are also checking on registration, so they say
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 27, 2007
arniegang wrote:shame they dont pull over those with outdated licence plates and plates still showing the Burj. It is also highly probable these people have no insurance as well.

That might not have any relation to expired regs. One of my cars still has the 2005 sticker on the plate. And I had the previous plate version (with not letter) till last year on my other car. Sometimes the peeps at Tasjeel are just lazy if you don't notice.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 27, 2007
are they pulling random cars over? or is it only if you have broken some law, have expired plates etc?
it would really suck to get pulled over for just a spot check on way to work!!!
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 27, 2007
cheap_Deal wrote:are they pulling random cars over? or is it only if you have broken some law, have expired plates etc?
it would really suck to get pulled over for just a spot check on way to work!!!

It's been going on for a while now, but they find a reason for pulling you over. Our sports car got pulled over on the SZR for an aftermarket exhaust. The cop let our car go because we were blocking traffic on the side road! Haha!
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 28, 2007
:oops:
Can't fly down SZR on 160-180km/hr ??!!!
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Nov 28, 2007
BabyDoll wrote::oops:
Can't fly down SZR on 160-180km/hr ??!!!

With the traffic lately :cry:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 29, 2007
completely stock boring honda with just legal tint driven like a 'Christian Motorist' hope Dubai police dont find a reason to pull it over :roll:
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 29, 2007
cheap_Deal wrote:completely stock boring honda with just legal tint driven like a 'Christian Motorist' hope Dubai police dont find a reason to pull it over :roll:

Just don't call your car Mohamed.
^ian^

Nov 29, 2007
MaaaD wrote:yeah i heard there was some sort of drunk driving problem and the police got a kick in the butt and now they have checkpoints on jumeirah, dhiyafah especially on weekends after 3am checking for DUI. Also people are being pulled over for not wearing seatbelt or having more than 30% tint ..

Quite naturally, maximize the profit's been the way all through.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 01, 2007
Can you please explain the Camera thing to me? I understand about the police cars pulling people over but not what was said about cameras. Thanks
MSCHARLTT
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 01, 2007
MSCHARLTT wrote:Can you please explain the Camera thing to me? I understand about the police cars pulling people over but not what was said about cameras. Thanks

The same way that you have the hand held speed radar in the USA, here we have them and they take a photo of your car as you speed by, the fine comes later :cry:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

TINTED Windows Dec 02, 2007
they've even got these machines to check the tint level and are confiscating vehicles with above 30% tints,

i love the way the cops force ppl to take our thier car tints on sideroads
hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat