Arabian Oud

Topic locked
Arabian Oud Nov 27, 2010
Does anyone else prefer Arabian perfume over "Western" ones? OK ... some are very strong, but there are others which are truly splendid. The oils tend to be very strong, the sprays aren't.

brucebanner
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Arabian Oud Nov 27, 2010
Good morning Bruce -- I like the fact that they can mask even the worst smells which for a place like Dubai and the heat is sometimes needed. I always walk past the Oud shops but never gone in....might just get me a new fragrance.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Its a good way to get your house smelling nice and even your car. There are some really nice aromatic ones out there nowadays, beats having crappy pot pourri anyday and smell much better too.

But not the full on traditional stuff though, which can bring tears to you eyes !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Personally I can't stand the stuff. It's too strong, the smell is actually quite offensive to me. But hey thankfully the trees is made from are endangered so maybe they'll be extinct in the not too distant future :?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

brucebanner wrote:Does anyone else prefer Arabian perfume over "Western" ones? OK ... some are very strong, but there are others which are truly splendid. The oils tend to be very strong, the sprays aren't.

I had to read your post twice Bruce as initialy i thought you were lashing it on over your Brut, I see what you mean do people prefer it?
I love it myself, the smell of an Emirati man is delicious. I always stop at those stalls in Dubai and Emirates Mall where they are burning the incense to have a sniff. I nearly bought Beth some for her bedroom, as she loves it too, but I had visions of her burning the house down so didn't bother.
My Emirati friend doesn't wear it, he prefers 'western' perfume. He doesn't go for the run of the mill stuff the Brits wear. I always buy him some at duty free but I have to ask what is flavour of the month and it is always something very expensive and that I've never heard of.
I remember when I used to stay at al Qasr before I got my own place. That hotel always burned incense, it smelt really classy, I loved it.
Bethsmum

Re: Arabian Oud Nov 28, 2010
brucebanner wrote:Does anyone else prefer Arabian perfume over "Western" ones? OK ... some are very strong, but there are others which are truly splendid. The oils tend to be very strong, the sprays aren't.

I am all for the OUD stuff, no perfume can match its strength and body, and if your living in the middle east, might as well learn to like it - Why? , Hey no escape from it dude !
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

There are all kinds of fragrances wtih the Oud. I don't particularly care for the dry classic type. What I use is the wood soaked in oil. Love the way it lingers. Also prefer oils (not the heavy dark stuff) over perfume.

House smells lovely, me smell delicious.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Try getting in a lift directly after a local lady has been in there covered in the stuff!

Makes your eyes water!

Mind you, better than getting in after the delivery guy in summer...

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat