Is Anyone A Doctor Here That Can Tell About Their Experienc

Topic locked
Is anyone a doctor here that can tell about their experienc Jan 06, 2010
Doctors ...?
im now currently in the 8th grade and am inspired to be a doctor. which medical field gets the highest pay check? as you know, i will be going to high school next year; which classes should i take and focus on? what are some colleges that are known for their medical studies? i come from a low income family so i won't have some advantages. is anyone a doctor here that can tell about their experiences or struggles? im accepting answers from anybody but those who are already doctors, what is your lifestyle like?

ahmed45
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Is anyone a doctor here that can tell about their experienc Jan 06, 2010
Well you need good exams results and loads of money to pay to go through medical school etc (seven years!), unless your a genius and can get a scholarship.
Roadtester
Dubai forums Addict

Are you going into the medical field with a view towards "where can I make the most money"? As a doctor, I would think that there would be a field that you can think "where can I do the most good"?

If you don't have your heart in it, find something else you may want to do, that you will enjoy, and make a contribution to that profession. Remember, this is something you are going to be doing to the better part of your entire life and dealing with lives!!

As for high school, you need to achieve the highest grades possible. When you enter college, and this is speaking from a point of view with college in the US, the first year would be general medicine. This would give you an opportunity to either confirm the field of medicine you want to go into, or change your course to another field. When you enter your second year, you need to stay on that path. To change course may very well hold you back a year as you had been programmed for the medical required in the field that you had registered for.

Good luck to you and think hard about the field you chose to go into. Caring for people when you don't care at all doesn't make for a good doctor. If you are going to look at a patient and put a dollar value on them, think if you would be giving them the best care that they deserve because they have put their faith and trust in you. If you don't have the passion and desire and the heart for it, then look for something else to do with the rest of your life.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Hi Ahmed, I ain't no doc, but I come from a family of doctors and let me assure you your not gonna get paid huge sums of money overnight. Just by virtue of you being a doc does not necessarily entail that financially your set for life either. Firt and foremost your gonna have to be dedicated, be patient and be prepared to work exceptionally hard. Seriously if you think this is the perfect sector to make a quick buck...ur wrong.

That said ambition is good, and ur desire to become a Physician is admirable. Focus on Chemistry and Biology...Mathematics is secondary.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat