Antivirust Tests 2011

Topic locked
Antivirust Tests 2011 Jul 18, 2012
Kaspersky is #1 http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/d ... 112_en.pdf

For detection rates Avira is better, but it has some less features than Kaspersky. Good thing about avira is that it has free av version, which is stripped from extra features, but still good protection due to good virus detection.

Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Antivirust Tests 2011 Jul 29, 2012
I have some scary news for you, but there are tons of computer viruses out there that are custom written and virtually undetectable or that have a detection rate of less than 30% on average by any of the big name antivirus makers. In fact some of the espionage/government written botnets and worms have not been detected for years and who knows what else is in the wild that hasn't been found yet?
provpnaccounts
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Antivirust Tests 2011 Jul 29, 2012
Kaspersky doesn't only rely on virus definition, it also carries out dynamic and intrution detection tests, abeilt that slows down the PC performance. But if you have good computer, it is bearable.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Antivirust Tests 2011 Jul 30, 2012
I've used AVG for a long time and has never let me down, plus it auto updates its self on a regular basis and its free.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Antivirust Tests 2011 Jul 30, 2012
Even the so-called top AV programs such as AVG and Kaspersky are powerless against new stealth/polymorphic viruses otherwise they would have a 100% certification which no program has or ever will have. The best defense against these viruses is to use a more secure OS like Linux or Mac OS.
provpnaccounts
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat