Another Raining Fuss

Topic locked
Another raining fuss Jan 24, 2009
It was raining yesterday as you noticed. I was driving and seen a pickup sliding, rotating, and hitting a poor SUV driving on the left lane out to the service lane and hitting the road fence. That was on Abu Dhabi road some kms before SZR.

It was just a couple of meters ahead of my car and it could have been me so easily. I just hope that any one knows the driver or his friends and how they are now.

bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 24, 2009
Geez, people drive like retards here when it rains, hazard lights on, speeding, not staying in lane, getting too close. It's pathetic.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 24, 2009
I walk my dogs throug a sand car park every morning where loads of school buses and pick-ups park. The tyre tracks in the sand tell a tale...many of them are completely smooth with no tread marks at all!

The RTA is supposed to inspect these vehicles and I am sure the operators have 1 decent set of wheels that they put on the vehicles for inspection, then change them immediately afterwards in a bid to save money.

Insufficient tread is lethal in the wet, unless you are Keke Rosberg.

:x :x :x

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 24, 2009
yeah i was also out in emirates road
i was not driving so i could see what others are doing

pple like they are just having fun driving in the rain so close to each others and they don t check in which lane they are and where they suppose to be

thx God i cme back home safe
Miss_lolly
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat