Another Brutal Attack - What's Going On?

Topic locked
Another brutal attack - what's going on? Sep 02, 2010
Seriously - when a woman says NO she means NO! How come all these attacks happened in June and are only coming to light now?

These brutes deserve nothing but the harshest punishment.

http://www.7days.ae/storydetails.php?id ... itle=Model beaten by thugs at party

A model has described how she was beaten and electrocuted in a brutal sex attack after she rejected the advances of a man at a private party.
Sophia Noor was at a friend’s birthday in Ras Al Khaimah when she was attacked by three men after she refused to dance with one of them. The assault has left her with scars on her body and severe internal damage.
Noor, a Brit of Pakistani and Emirati descent, who lives in Dubai, had gone to the party held in a rented villa in Awafi with friends.
She said: “I probably shouldn’t have gone, but I never imagined that would happen to me. I thought I was going to a quiet, safe emirate. It’s important for people to know about the dangers that are out there.”
She told 7DAYS how an Emirati man approached her and asked her to dance, but she politely said no.
Noor said: “He had a glass in his hand, and offered me something, but I don’t drink. I recognised him as we moved in the same social circles.”
A few minutes later, a second man approached her.
“He was friendly and said he wanted to talk to me outside. I didn’t think anything of it as we had mutual friends.
When she went outside, she saw the Emirati stood with a third man next to a car.
“He seemed angry,” she said. “He told his friends he wanted to take me to the desert and teach me a lesson.”
She added: “A creepy feeling came over me. One of them was laughing, and the other opened the car door and tried to pull me in.”
Noor struggled but then one of her attackers stunned her with a taser gun. He then struck her in the face and shoved sand in her mouth.
“He was saying things like ‘you’re not so pretty now’, he was laughing,” she said.
Meanwhile another man kept zapping her with the stun gun all over her body.
One of them then opened the car door and pulled out a different stun gun.
“He moved my dress up with the weapon - it was black and at least a foot long. I was in a daze and barely conscious at this point,” she said, adding that the man then penetrated her with the weapon. Horrific pain surged through her body and she lost consciousness.
She said: “When I came round, I could hear words of encouragement to do it again.”
But a guest came out of the villa and confronted the men, who struck him and drove off.
Noor was taken to police and then hospital, where she underwent a medical examination.
She is now waiting for an operation on the internal injuries she suffered during the attack, which happened in June.
A man is to appear in court this month over the attack. Noor is representing herself as she cannot afford legal fees, but hopes someone will take her case on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Another Brutal Attack - What's Going On? Sep 02, 2010
It happens all the time not only now choc. That’s what you get when you go to those “private parties” uncontrolled drinking and lack of security.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Another brutal attack - what's going on? Sep 02, 2010
What's going on? Simple....another example of people who think that everyone else should do as they say, because they think they are special, and when others dare to not do as they say, they seem to think that a lesson needs to be learned. These people are animals - i'm trying to decide if this is worse than the pregnant women in Ikea incident (which i'm guessing is now in FC as i can't find it any more, and so can't partake in that thread as i haven't got the required post count - Thanks to whoever caused that) - who the hell thinks it's clever to penetrate someone with a cattle prod (which is what it sounds like), or similar offensive weapon? Man or woman, it's not human behaviour.

One day, someone is going to take one of these "special" people out into the desert and teach them a lesson of their own, i am sure. They won't be so clever then, will they?

I also agree with UAE Kid.....private parties in villas is not really a good idea for a woman on her own, but that in no way excuses what happened.
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Another Brutal Attack - What's Going On? Sep 02, 2010
Shocking story (no pun intended). Bravo to the guy who stood up to the thugs and got hit for his trouble.

I wonder how many less serious assaults don't get reported - people, be careful out there!

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

The awful thing is, if the story is correct, that the woman appeared to know her attackers. I have no idea what's wrong with these people, but as BlueOrb says I sincerely hope that one day they pick on the wrong person and get what they deserve.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

jhbsnoopy wrote:Maybe the only thing that we can do is be careful and be safe. Don't just trust anybody especially when you are ask to go somewhere else or if incase ask some of your friends to accompany you:(

Agreed. From now on I'll be warning my female friends not to go to any such parties, without trustworthy male company.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

No doubt that sort of thing (perhaps not to the "shocking" degree) happens way more often than it is reported specially where the woman may face "questining" or even charges for being there, the way she dresses, who was with her, etc. etc. specially in "conservative" countries...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

uaekid wrote:It happens all the time not only now choc. That’s what you get when you go to those “private parties” uncontrolled drinking and lack of security.

It happens all times?!!!!! Seriously there is no LAW out there? So in how many u have taken part kid?

I mean, this country supposed to be run under Islamic laws, I m not an Islam defender ( I think it's pretty obvious by now 8) ) but there is no rule in Islam which says if u go to a party u are asking for being raped by a gun!!

So seriously what rules this people and this country????
(This is for u Berrin, unnecessary restrictions turn human beings to animals!)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:
uaekid wrote:It happens all the time not only now choc. That’s what you get when you go to those “private parties” uncontrolled drinking and lack of security.

It happens all times?!!!!! Seriously there is no LAW out there? So in how many u have taken part kid?

I mean, this country supposed to be run under Islamic laws, I m not an Islam defender ( I think it's pretty obvious by now 8) ) but there is no rule in Islam which says if u go to a party u are asking for being raped by a gun!!

Sadly Melika, that's just the point! Nothing governs these idiots, they think they can get away with treating others (especially women) in such an appalling way.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocks, I'm surprised how naive you. Have you really reached 10K in DF (My congratulation!)? It's going on pretty frequently (maybe not with so brutal violance) but not every victim has a "pasport with the lion" and so doesn't have such publicity. I noticed also that criminal cases I read about in DF for instance happend mostly in Sharjah, RAK or another small emirates, and rather few in Dubai or AD.

As for a metric centner of muscles beside it's a good option for a woman everywhere in the World, including Dubai. One or two tests of liver rid any "dog" of barking.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Maybe a few Lorena Bobbitt's are required :P http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_and_Lorena_Bobbitt
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Red Chief wrote:Chocks, I'm surprised how naive you. Have you really reached 10K in DF (My congratulation!)? It's going on pretty frequently (maybe not with so brutal violance) but not every victim has a "pasport with the lion" and so doesn't have such publicity. I noticed also that criminal cases I read about in DF for instance happend mostly in Sharjah, RAK or another small emirates, and rather few in Dubai or AD.

As for a metric centner of muscles beside it's a good option for a woman everywhere in the World, including Dubai. One or two tests of liver rid any "dog" of barking.

Naive of me? I know this stuff goes on, but sadly it's report very infrequently. I have quite a few friends who've been offered huge sums of cash to 'perform' at private parties, luckily they all have the brains to tell the guys where to go.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote: I have quite a few friends who've been offered huge sums of cash to 'perform' at private parties, luckily they all have the brains to tell the guys where to go.

Really :shock: How exactly does that go. Did they meet at church or something?
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:
Chocoholic wrote: I have quite a few friends who've been offered huge sums of cash to 'perform' at private parties, luckily they all have the brains to tell the guys where to go.

Sadly most of the 'recruiters' trawl facebook ad other networking sites, random adds on msn and the like to find people who they think might be up for such things.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:
Ambassador wrote:

Sadly most of the 'recruiters' trawl facebook ad other networking sites, random adds on msn and the like to find people who they think might be up for such things.

Yeah but that is different than someone who youe know actually being propositioned to "perform" (whatever that means).

Just on DF I've been offered huge sums to perform (but I just figured it was span) buy maybe not :shock: :shock:
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

The truly sadthing about this story, is that she was going to a party organised by friends, some mates allowing that to happen.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:The truly sadthing about this story, is that she was going to a party organised by friends, some mates allowing that to happen.

"Date" rape is as common as "regular" rape...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

In this story the point is not about the "party" or even the rape, Its about the brutality and barbarity of these attackers, and how they dare to do this in a place so near to the villa! they didnt even bother to take her somewhere else!

And as Chocs said, they have no fear that the girl actually knows them!!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Red Chief wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Naive of me? I know this stuff goes on, but sadly it's report very infrequently. I have quite a few friends who've been offered huge sums of cash to 'perform' at private parties, luckily they all have the brains to tell the guys where to go.

I know a woman who made a report and regrets about that now. An expat woman, who represents herself against three kind Moslems in a court...

Thank God, there had been no violance due to police intervention just in time.

Why the regret?
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:
Red Chief wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Naive of me? I know this stuff goes on, but sadly it's report very infrequently. I have quite a few friends who've been offered huge sums of cash to 'perform' at private parties, luckily they all have the brains to tell the guys where to go.

I know a woman who made a report and regrets about that now. An expat woman, who represents herself against three kind Moslems in a court...

Thank God, there had been no violance due to police intervention just in time.

Why the regret?

I suspect because they like to turn the tables here. Even if a woman reports such incidents, 9 times out of 10 she also gets convicted of unlawful s.e.x.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:I suspect because they like to turn the tables here. Even if a woman reports such incidents, 9 times out of 10 she also gets convicted of unlawful s.e.x.

Thanks. That is what I said in my first post on this thread. I was interested in the specific instance of regret as per the previous poster.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Chocoholic wrote:I suspect because they like to turn the tables here. Even if a woman reports such incidents, 9 times out of 10 she also gets convicted of unlawful s.e.x.

What a fantasy! There was no intercourse at all. A few summer months without passport is a good punishment.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Ambassador wrote:

Thanks. That is what I said in my first post on this thread. I was interested in the specific instance of regret as per the previous poster.

I'd be interested to, for reference purposes.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

yeah the fantasy will go like this, she was pleasing herself with the gun to turn on those innocent men and get then to the unlawful s.ex! of course the men was wise enough, so she couldnt get it!!!!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:yeah the fantasy will go like this, she was pleasing herself with the gun to turn on those innocent men and get then to the unlawful s.ex! of course the men was wise enough, so she couldnt get it!!!!

Sadly Melika, I don't think that'll be far from the truth.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

"Noor is representing herself as she cannot afford legal fees, but hopes someone will take her case on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis" eerrr somethings wrong here. She cannt afford legal fees but she is of Emarati and Pakistani background and she is a Brit lol if you ask me she is a funny cocktail more like it :D

lol nah seriously I am assuming her mother or pops is emarati or vice versa. Anyways why arent her parents helping her out with the legal fees? Hmmmm
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

rudeboy wrote:"Noor is representing herself as she cannot afford legal fees, but hopes someone will take her case on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis" eerrr somethings wrong here. She cannt afford legal fees but she is of Emarati and Pakistani background and she is a Brit lol if you ask me she is a funny cocktail more like it :D

lol nah seriously I am assuming her mother or pops is emarati or vice versa. Anyways why arent her parents helping her out with the legal fees? Hmmmm

I think that what you have stated may be the reason why mroe women don't report this kind of thing/attack/rape unwanted Zx, etc. (your insinuation that "she must have been up to no good, etc" is telling).
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

melika969 wrote:

well its not an emarati or an aslamic thing. its justa young private parties like we know it. men with cash and prostitutes , her complain is a dime a dozen. a prostitute who is taking advantage of an alcoholic and probably on drug rich local, a chance to blackmail them which they deserve .

regarding me well yes I do go to such "private parties" and pay "models" oh sorry I mean an expensive prostitute to shack it , whats new here ? isn't just like a night club. dance drink and find a one night stand ? well we take the short cut. :lol:

at the end you are responsible for your actions, no one forced her to such parties that we all know its reputation here or in any of those young men parties in this world that mostly end up some girl is getting raped , we all now what goes on their, so I don't think any religious or law will save you from your stupidity ,right ?

but the girl is hot so I'll have to side with her 8)

its like telling the government and the religion ( hey I'll do stupid harmful thing and you should save me) get real, well yaa.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

rudeboy wrote:"Noor is representing herself as she cannot afford legal fees, but hopes someone will take her case on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis" eerrr somethings wrong here. She cannt afford legal fees but she is of Emarati and Pakistani background and she is a Brit lol if you ask me she is a funny cocktail more like it :D

Because A you wrongly assume that all locals are loaded. And B it might be a shame thing, those two nationalities frown on such things and so are probably distancing themselves incase of a negative outcome.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

see she is a model as its reported. Dont models like earn really well? Ok maybe she aint the Naomi campbell and probably aint the model who do that funny walk in front of bunch of people and try not to fall over 8) but a model earns OK amount. right? so am sure she must have some amount in her bank account which can be used to help her, unless she spent it all in one shopping fest in dubai mall!!

I am not saying she wasnt up to any good because she is a model and models enjoy themselves party etc but why arent her parents helping her out thats all!
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat