Another Brutal Attack - What's Going On?

Topic locked
Re: Another brutal attack - what's going on? Sep 02, 2010
Who knows, that's not for us to judge.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Another Brutal Attack - What's Going On? Sep 02, 2010
Don't you think it's a bit wrong that the woman is named, and even a photo published online of her, while the alleged attacker is not even named?

As for the private parties issue - It's fine to have a private party with prostitutes who are being paid to be there, and do whatever people want. They know what they are getting into, and they are getting paid. That's their "business" and everyone knows the score.

But i think even the hardiest of prostitutes may just draw the line at the insertion of an electricity-emitting foot long black thing - in any orifice.......
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

BlueOrb wrote:Don't you think it's a bit wrong that the woman is named, and even a photo published online of her, while the alleged attacker is not even named?

As for the private parties issue - It's fine to have a private party with prostitutes who are being paid to be there, and do whatever people want. They know what they are getting into, and they are getting paid. That's their "business" and everyone knows the score.

But i think even the hardiest of prostitutes may just draw the line at the insertion of an electricity-emitting foot long black thing - in any orifice.......

Yes you're right. Not sure how journalistic licence works here, but certainly in other countries you're not allowed to name anyone involved in a case unless people have been formally charged.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

U make me sick Kid ,seriously! u are too much to stand! btw in ur religion accusing somebody of sth false is a big sin! so how do u know she is a prostitute?

-- Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:Who knows, that's not for us to judge.

exactly! rudeboy we cant judge why she doesnt have money.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:U make me sick Kid ,seriously! u are too much to stand! btw in ur religion accusing somebody of sth false is a big sin! so how do u know she is a prostitute?

-- Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:Who knows, that's not for us to judge.

exactly! rudeboy we cant judge why she doesnt have money.

Agree, with you on that one. Kids post was well below the mark. Even if that is the case the treatment of another person in such a way is not acceptable in any circumstances.

As someone said on another forum 'In a society that supposedly prides itself on honour, its people show a distinct lack of it'.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

7 Days has no problem publishing names and, if available, photos of people being accused of a crime. But to get that honor you have to be an expat. I've seen Gulf News do it as well. From what I gather in the posts, she has a British passport, so I gather they think exposure based on her being an expat is fair game.

Question is: did she give an interview?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:Question is: did she give an interview?

I would guess as a model she would have jumped at the opportunity and insisted on the photo, call me a cynic!
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Gulf News tend to identify accused people by initials only....but when you catch the same story in the western press, the accused normally get named in full.

I feel sorry for the woman - bad enough to go through something like that, but now everyone klniows her name and what she looks like. In other countries, she would have had a bit more protection for her identity, and the accused would have been named.
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

BlueOrb wrote:Gulf News tend to identify accused people by initials only....but when you catch the same story in the western press, the accused normally get named in full.

I feel sorry for the woman - bad enough to go through something like that, but now everyone klniows her name and what she looks like. In other countries, she would have had a bit more protection for her identity, and the accused would have been named.

Well no, it would be initials and the story would be littered with 'allegedly', in the UK cannot name a defendant until they are formally charged.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dillon wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Question is: did she give an interview?

I would guess as a model she would have jumped at the opportunity and insisted on the photo, call me a cynic!

Self-promotion?? Could this be her 15 minutes of fame??
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

i am not judging anyone :S I am just saying parents should be helping her unless her parents dont want anything to do with her!!! Not even that, where are her friends who invited her to this party? Why arent they financially helping her with her case? Wait they dont have the money yet they have the money to rent a villa and order the booze :S lol I think this Model is probably a loner or some1 who thinks everyone is her friend :D when they AINT!!!

and orb is right they blooody even posted pic of her?? Lol its like shes marketting herself for the next launch or something!!!

Chocoholic wrote:
rudeboy wrote:"Noor is representing herself as she cannot afford legal fees, but hopes someone will take her case on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis" eerrr somethings wrong here. She cannt afford legal fees but she is of Emarati and Pakistani background and she is a Brit lol if you ask me she is a funny cocktail more like it :D

lol nah seriously I am assuming her mother or pops is emarati or vice versa. Anyways why arent her parents helping her out with the legal fees? Hmmmm

Because A you wrongly assume that all locals are loaded. And B it might be a shame thing, those two nationalities frown on such things and so are probably distancing themselves incase of a negative outcome.

if you are a socialite you are well off then the poor buggers on the streets begging. Now are you telling me that a model is not a socialite? Like I said maybe she aint the naomi campbell and am sure she probably is the one who appears in magazines etc etc but still she gets paid and is well off.

Those two nationalities frown from what such things? That their daughter is a model or that their daugther attends parties??
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

uaekid wrote:well its not an emarati or an aslamic thing. its justa young private parties like we know it. men with cash and prostitutes , her complain is a dime a dozen. a prostitute who is taking advantage of an alcoholic and probably on drug rich local, a chance to blackmail them which they deserve .

regarding me well yes I do go to such "private parties" and pay "models" oh sorry I mean an expensive prostitute to shack it , whats new here ? isn't just like a night club. dance drink and find a one night stand ? well we take the short cut. :lol:

at the end you are responsible for your actions, no one forced her to such parties that we all know its reputation here or in any of those young men parties in this world that mostly end up some girl is getting raped , we all now what goes on their, so I don't think any religious or law will save you from your stupidity ,right ?

but the girl is hot so I'll have to side with her 8)

its like telling the government and the religion ( hey I'll do stupid harmful thing and you should save me) get real, well yaa.

It looks like the kid participated in that party - so many details he knows. Kid, what was your job there?
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Red Chief wrote:
uaekid wrote:well its not an emarati or an aslamic thing. its justa young private parties like we know it. men with cash and prostitutes , her complain is a dime a dozen. a prostitute who is taking advantage of an alcoholic and probably on drug rich local, a chance to blackmail them which they deserve .

regarding me well yes I do go to such "private parties" and pay "models" oh sorry I mean an expensive prostitute to shack it , whats new here ? isn't just like a night club. dance drink and find a one night stand ? well we take the short cut. :lol:

at the end you are responsible for your actions, no one forced her to such parties that we all know its reputation here or in any of those young men parties in this world that mostly end up some girl is getting raped , we all now what goes on their, so I don't think any religious or law will save you from your stupidity ,right ?

its like telling the government and the religion ( hey I'll do stupid harmful thing and you should save me) get real, well yaa.

It looks like the kid participated in that party - so many details he knows. Kid, what was your job there?

Doorman, drinks server, coat hanger upper, general skivvy or whipping boy!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:
Well no, it would be initials and the story would be littered with 'allegedly', in the UK cannot name a defendant until they are formally charged.

Agreed. But if a man is to appear in court in relation to this later in the month, then surely he has already been charged? Or does it work differently over here?
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

BlueOrb wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

Agreed. But if a man is to appear in court in relation to this later in the month, then surely he has already been charged? Or does it work differently over here?

Depends which paper will report it. You tend to find 7 Days are ahead of the game with this sort of thing, where as the 'governmentally' owned rags like GN, Emirates 24 etc will hang back and only give initials. They don't like to name and shame locals.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

rudeboy wrote:
and orb is right they blooody even posted pic of her?? Lol its like shes marketting herself for the next launch or something!!!

I'm no PR Guru, but i think i could give it a go and get a model some work, without having to resort to shenannigans with electricity.....
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

rudeboy wrote:i am not judging anyone :S I am just saying parents should be helping her unless her parents dont want anything to do with her!!! Not even that, where are her friends who invited her to this party? Why arent they financially helping her with her case? Wait they dont have the money yet they have the money to rent a villa and order the booze :S lol I think this Model is probably a loner or some1 who thinks everyone is her friend :D when they AINT!!!

Chocoholic wrote:
rudeboy wrote:"Noor is representing herself as she cannot afford legal fees, but hopes someone will take her case on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis" eerrr somethings wrong here. She cannt afford legal fees but she is of Emarati and Pakistani background and she is a Brit lol if you ask me she is a funny cocktail more like it :D

lol nah seriously I am assuming her mother or pops is emarati or vice versa. Anyways why arent her parents helping her out with the legal fees? Hmmmm

Because A you wrongly assume that all locals are loaded. And B it might be a shame thing, those two nationalities frown on such things and so are probably distancing themselves incase of a negative outcome.

if you are a socialite you are well off then the poor buggers on the streets begging. Now are you telling me that a model is not a socialite? Like I said maybe she aint the naomi campbell and am sure she probably is the one who appears in magazines etc etc but still she gets paid and is well off.

Those two nationalities frown from what such things? That their daughter is a model or that their daugther attends parties??

RB, this town is loaded with models. Girls get roped in by someone telling them that they could be a model, but they have to get a portfolio together, which that someone is probably more than happy to help them with - at a cost!! She is not a socialite or high fashion model, she is someone struggling to be a model. In all probability she has gotten very little work.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Chocoholic wrote:Depends which paper will report it. You tend to find 7 Days are ahead of the game with this sort of thing, where as the 'governmentally' owned rags like GN, Emirates 24 etc will hang back and only give initials. They don't like to name and shame locals.

To be fair here, they don't generally name anyone, so it's not a "local" issue. It extends to Indian labourers, Egyptians, Brits, you name it.

I just find it strange they choose to name (and in doing so) shame, a woman who has (allegedly) been the victim of a serious 53xu4l assault as a minimum.
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

ok fine, and her parents? they dont want to help because?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Bora is right, if you think models earn loads of cash you'd be mistaken. The agencies can take up to anything like 25% on commission off a job. Although any agency worth it's salt would make a potential model a portfolio for free as it's in their interest to market them. Dodgy agencies charge for portfolios - that's the number one rule of the industry.

Many of these girls do hostess work, which only pays a couple of hundred dhs an hour, promotional work the same. There's not really a 'high fashion' market here.

-- Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:00 pm --

rudeboy wrote:ok fine, and her parents? they dont want to help because?

As I said, it's probably a shame thing.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I'm just saying it like it is beside it's a natural income from those parties like I said. Google it and see how much rap happens in other countries, reported or not it does not change the fact that it is out there.men abuse those women and yes feel superior bcz they are paid girls.

i'll take you there if you wana make an extra income :D
uaekid

I repeat my quetion to u Kid, u know abt (تهمة( and u are accusing this girl of being a prostitute, do u have a proof?
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

shame of what though? shame that she was attending parties? Shame that she is a model?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

rudeboy wrote:shame of what though? shame that she was attending parties? Shame that she is a model?

Probably all of the above! Like the Emirati girl who accused 6 guys of raping her and no one defended her, no family, no friends - same same, what's hard to understand here.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

melika969 wrote:I repeat my quetion to u Kid, u know abt (تهمة( and u are accusing this girl of being a prostitute, do u have a proof?

and you don't even have a prove of the locals but her story !!

I'm just letting you know how is it and what kind of parties those are.
uaekid

So u think the story is like the fantasy I mentioned earlier? She was pleasing herself with a gun?!!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

no, I'm saying she never shouldn't gone there if she is not a prostitute. if she should blame someone , then its here self and the person who took here there.
probably it was some big shots guys whom she want to take pictures with and ride there cars. well this does not come cheap.
now I don't know what part of the desert you came from, I heard you are fro Iran, anyway those parties here are for this kind of "fun"

-- Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:55 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:
Red Chief wrote:

Doorman, drinks server, coat hanger upper, general skivvy or whipping boy!

LOOOL funny but no I just set there and enjoy the show, I'm a shy person and the girls are really naughty
uaekid

:lol: :lol: I m not coming from a desert (Unlike you!)!

First, you are the only one who claims that she is a prostitute, and u have no proof for that!

Second, as I stated earlier, the issue here is not the party or the rape! It is the brutality of this people! I mean what kind of animal would do this?

Sorry , but ur logic (She went there so she asked for it) is not acceptable!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

not acceptable to you but its the realty . maybe she is not a prostitute but should've expected such behavior is what she will get. its was not exactly a slumber party..

so where you from ? oh you are one of those who feel ashamed from there home country?
uaekid

That behavior is not even acceptable in prison! It might be acceptable in barbarian tribes! wake up!

:lol: :lol: :lol: me being ashamed of my country?!!! I have posted it million times here, Iran, I love it and I live for it!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat