All Those Blacks

Topic locked
All those blacks Jan 20, 2008
Never saw so many black people in Dubai.

Dubai Marathon.

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 20, 2008
Did you participate? or are greyhounds not allowed?

:wink:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 20, 2008
KeithL wrote:Did you participate? or are greyhounds not allowed?

:wink:

No. The last time I ran more than 20 yards was: NEVER!

I did go to beach road and cheer the runners on. Well, I saw the lead runner and eventual winner (Gbersallasie?) go by then had breakfast, changed the car engine, got a haircut, mowed the lawn, had a suit tailored, before the rest of the runners went by...

He missed ther record by 27 seconds...About the longest anyone in Dubai can wait at a traffic light before blowing the bonnet (becuase something must be wrong with the light).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 20, 2008
Concord wrote:I did go to beach road and cheer the runners on.

Were u the guy in the pink tank top with the pompoms? I tried not to stare so that I didn't get accused of being a labourer. But...
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 20, 2008
gtmash wrote:
Concord wrote:I did go to beach road and cheer the runners on.

Were u the guy in the pink tank top with the pompoms? I tried not to stare so that I didn't get accused of being a labourer. But...

I think you need to take the "color test" someone posted in this forum last week. They are fuccia!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: All those blacks Jan 20, 2008
Concord wrote:Never saw so many black people in Dubai.

Dubai Marathon.

Thats quite funny for you!
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

gezza wrote:

Dubai Marathon.

that's quite typical for you: sophomoric comments...too much time on your hands I suppose...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Concord wrote:
gezza wrote:

Dubai Marathon.

that's quite typical for you: sophomoric comments...too much time on your hands I suppose...

sophomoric....well well.
too much time on my hands!!!...says the man who lives on DF!
I would retort if I thought it was worth the effort.
never mind eh! :roll:
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 20, 2008
The winner is real sturdy runner, he just comes here every year run and win the marathon for a few hours then collect the prize, go back to his own country and relax and plan the for next year's race....how lucky can that be..?
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 20, 2008
reviewer wrote:The winner is real sturdy runner, he just comes here every year run and win the marathon for a few hours then collect the prize, go back to his own country and relax and plan the for next year's race....how lucky can that be..?

Say whatever you want, this guy is a powerhouse.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 21, 2008
Sure he is......1 million can give you more power...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 21, 2008
reviewer wrote:Sure he is......1 million can give you more power...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The winner got 1 million dirhams :shock: If I had known that I would have had myself airdropped at the finish line :)
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 21, 2008
Dubaidude007 wrote:
reviewer wrote:Sure he is......1 million can give you more power...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The winner got 1 million dirhams :shock: If I had known that I would have had myself airdropped at the finish line :)

USD ....I think...??and thats a lot of power....
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 21, 2008
reviewer wrote:
Dubaidude007 wrote:

Reviewer,

If it is USD help me find this guy and we can rob him blind :) I will cut you in for a whole percent!
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 21, 2008
Dubaidude007 wrote:
reviewer wrote:
Dubaidude007 wrote:

Reviewer,

If it is USD help me find this guy and we can rob him blind :) I will cut you in for a whole percent!

:lol: :lol: He already flown back home spend it on renovating his palatial house and been planning for next year event.
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 21, 2008
Dubaidude007 wrote:
reviewer wrote:
Dubaidude007 wrote:

Reviewer,

If they cut him a cheque, you can't simply go up to him and ask for all his cash. You have to come up with some elaborate scheme involving hostaged family members and Swiss bank accounts.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 21, 2008
gtmash wrote:
Dubaidude007 wrote:
reviewer wrote:
Dubaidude007 wrote:

Reviewer,

If they cut him a cheque, you can't simply go up to him and ask for all his cash. You have to come up with some elaborate scheme involving hostaged family members and Swiss bank accounts.

That is what reviewer is here for. He has to earn his 1 % :) If you give him a workable idea I am sure he will be happy to cut you in on his part of the loot
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 21, 2008
[

similar to this?

Hi dearest One
To: Send an Instant Message kalou_carelle02@yahoo.co.jp
Hi dearest One
how are you together with your family? it is good writing you today however ,it is neither mandatory nor will I in any manner compel you to go against your will. My name is Carelle Kalou .I am 21 years old, the only daughter and child of (Late) chief Joseph Kalou .
My father was a highly reputable Gold miner in Ivory coast during his days. It is sad to say that he passed away mysteriously during one of his business trips though, his sudden death was linked or rather suspected to have been masterminded by my uncle who travelled with him at that time. but God knows the truth!
My mother died when I was yet a kid,and since then my father took me so special. Before his death he called the secretary who accompanied him to the hospital and told him that he has the sum of US$12,500,000 left in one of the leading Bank here in Abidjan, Ivory coast .He further told him that he deposited the money in my name,and finally issued a written instruction to his lawyer whom he said is in possession of all the necessary and legal documents regarding this fund and the bank . I am just 21 years old and a university undergraduate and really don't know what to do.
Now I want an account overseas where I can transfer this money into , this is because I have suffered a lot of set backs as a result of continuous political crisis here in Ivory coast and family problems that made me to run away from my late fathers house and hid myself in a local hotel for the safety of my life from the hand of my wicked uncle that kill my father and some other family members that are after my life because of this money.
The death of My father actually brought sorrow and set back back in to my life. Dearest one, I am in a sincere desire of your urgent assistance in this
regard. dear,your suggestions and ideas will be highly needed, please permit me to tell you what i want you to do for me.

1. you will help me to negotiate for lucrative and legal investment where the money will be wisely invested,as you know that I am just a Little girl and don't have investment knowledge.

2. you will help me to secure a permanent residential permit in your country, for me to come over and continue my education while you will be taken care of the investment that will be set up by you. The most important of all is for you to be a good partner when the money arrives in your country.

I am ready to give you 20% of the total money after the money has been successfully transferred in to your bank account in your country for your assistance and for any expenses that you made during the process of the transfer . Is this offer OK by you?. Please,Consider this and get back to me as soon as possible.
Thank you for being there for me.

Sincerely,
Carelle Kalou
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 21, 2008
u r way too (not) phonney man..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 21, 2008
He's Ethiopian.

Lots of fast runners come from there...they have to be to keep ahead of the warlords and gangsters chasing after anyone with an AK47 who has more than $1...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 21, 2008
Dubaidude007 wrote:
gtmash wrote:
Dubaidude007 wrote:
reviewer wrote:
Dubaidude007 wrote:

Reviewer,

That is what reviewer is here for. He has to earn his 1 % :) If you give him a workable idea I am sure he will be happy to cut you in on his part of the loot

Hmm... way too small to to get a cut out of it..will he take a 100dhms for the idea.... :wink:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 21, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:He's Ethiopian.

Lots of fast runners come from there...they have to be to keep ahead of the warlords and gangsters chasing after anyone with an AK47 who has more than $1...

Knight

With the prize he got...he can carry an RPG while he takes his dog for a walk... :lol: :lol: ..and nobody will mind....
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 21, 2008
reviewer wrote:

Knight

With the prize he got...he can carry an RPG while he takes his dog for a walk... :lol: :lol: ..and nobody will mind....

$1M will buy him a lot of kevlar vests...

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 21, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
reviewer wrote:

Knight

Knight

To protect him from stilletos from his wife..... :lol: :lol:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 21, 2008
reviewer wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:
reviewer wrote:

Knight

Knight

One would expect he could run faster and further than his wife anyway!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 21, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
reviewer wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:
reviewer wrote:

Knight

Knight

One would expect he could run faster and further than his wife anyway!

Knight

Not after the first night with the mrs after the run.....
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 21, 2008
reviewer wrote:
Dubaidude007 wrote:

He didn't get the $1m, that was only available for breaking the record, missed it by 27 seconds I believe
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 22, 2008
sage & onion wrote:
reviewer wrote:
Dubaidude007 wrote:

He didn't get the $1m, that was only available for breaking the record, missed it by 27 seconds I believe

In which case, he is safe in Ethiopia, his wife is not trying to stab him and his feet probably hurt like hell.

Bet he's kicking himself!

Dubai Knight

Jan 22, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
reviewer wrote:
Dubaidude007 wrote:

In which case, he is safe in Ethiopia, his wife is not trying to stab him and his feet probably hurt like hell.

Bet he's kicking himself!

Me think the wife's doing the kickin' :lol: :lol: for missing the new stilletos....
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat