Apr 30, 2009
not really no!!!

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Apr 30, 2009
sharfraz wrote:not really no!!!

8)

you need some sort of backup for your argument.
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 30, 2009
I never started one!!!!!

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

swine flu Apr 30, 2009
I think tourism,(hotle,transport,airliines)will go down and dubai is depend on tourists
newdubai
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 30, 2009
Sad it is to have to admit, but if a case was found here, do you really believe that the Gov will announce it?

Dubai is partly reliant on Tourism, it is already down (hotels are at 30-40% occupancy) and would slump even further if one was reported.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 30, 2009
are you a psycho? oh sorry i psychic ?
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 30, 2009
made a darn laugh!!!!!

:lol:

hey port, that's nothing to do with this thread...

sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Apr 30, 2009
sharfraz wrote:made a darn laugh!!!!!

hey port, that's nothing to do with this thread...

yah! i know but he's predicting that dubai will tumble down after swineflu, so i figured out may be the guy a psychi...hehehehe

in regards to the swine flu crisis i believe the virus wont live long enough here in the middle east region because summer is starting to get hot and they have already banned the pork here, so there's a little chance we get hit it. in regards to dubais economic , i presume that it will be very slow but it wont crumble as he's predicting.
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 30, 2009
Valid point Porto. In the UAE do they import pigs livestock or is it just frozen meat? If it's only the meat than it's highly unlikely UAE will be affected.
But UAE has to watch out for incoming passengers from other countries. Apparently this flu passes on with relative ease from human to human.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 30, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:Valid point Porto. In the UAE do they import pigs livestock or is it just frozen meat? If it's only the meat than it's highly unlikely UAE will be affected.
But UAE has to watch out for incoming passengers from other countries. Apparently this flu passes on with relative ease from human to human.

as per my understanding they only import frozen meats and products. as livestocks of it is not allowed here.
In regards to the airport security that would be a possible threat if the'll take it lightly and if they will not put enought measure to identify passengers with such conditions.
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat