Accept Her As "SHE IS"

Topic locked
Jan 30, 2007
fayz wrote:hehehe, Dude you have to come visit me at the office, you'd be in heaven.... many are married but i'd say 30% are single you still have pretty good odds :)

Ill send my couriers to them with flowers and chocolates ;)

Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 30, 2007
My Request: Please don't move this thread. I intentionally posted it here. :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 30, 2007
asc_26 wrote:My Request: Please don't move this thread. I intentionally posted it here. :D

But it's in the wrong section.

That's why forums have sections, to help organise posts into a coherent fashion.

Otherwise we may as well just have one section - and call it 'stuff'.

This is a cultural discussion and belongs in the appropriate section. Still, up for the mods to decide, and with Ukanistan getting pounded by Nu Zilland in the cricket, they've probably got bigger things to worry about.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 30, 2007
shafique wrote:
asc_26 wrote:Francheska pointed out strong points especially the "reality & what's really happening now" and none of you response to that.

Really...really sad. Christianity teaches chastity and abstinence but not to condemn people particularly women who disobeyed it, because Christianity is more on FORGIVENESS. Thus, they don't need to opt for hymen restoration to deceit their husband to be.

Unless (in rare cases) they opt to marry a shallow man who will only accept her as virgin.

asc - you need to read the Bible a little more closely or speak to a priest. The emphasis on forgiveness is on those who repent, and in this regard Christianity is no different from Islam and other religions. The Bible is pretty clear on punishments and the Church is pretty strict on divorce, remarriage and the sanctity of marriage.

And the Church is pretty big on punishment for transgressors - millions have been killed after being condemned by the Church, and Christian countries have been (and continue to be) big on Capital Punishment (eg. the US today).

As for the fact that 'it is happening' - no one has avoided this issue. There always has been and always will be people who choose not to wait for marriage. Those that pretend to be virgins are hypocrites and deceivers.

I've not seen any evidence that these people are in the majority in any culture (those that pretend to be virgins and seek to deceive their partners).

For example, the Maoris in New Zealand have a big problem with wife battering - probably the highest incidence rates of any ethnic group - but I would still not assume that ALL Maori men are sadistic mysoginists, nor would I condemn their religion or culture because of the actions of these men. Yet when some Muslim men and women transgress, it seems fashionable to blame the religion! Go figure.

Cheers,
Shafique

Shafique, Christians can forgive the offender even without necessarily asking for forgiveness in person. Ref: The Lord's Prayer.

Yes, it is true that the Bible is very clear with its punishment but never heard Churches condemning the churchgoers by stoning or encouraging families to disowned female members who commit pre-marital S.3X.

Shafique, don't quote me wrong. I never said that "religion" as basis why those women opt for restoration. I replied citing Christianity teachings as forgiveness, same goes for Islam as what you've said. I never mentioned any ethnics races or whatsoever. Just read my post again.

RECOURSE: It's a culture thing. Agree or disagree?
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 30, 2007
asc_26 wrote:RECOURSE: It's a culture thing. Agree or disagree?

Either way, it's a cultural topic and belongs there.

Ever wonder why I don't post in culture or politics threads?

Because they're 99% horseshit.
^ian^

Jan 30, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
asc_26 wrote:My Request: Please don't move this thread. I intentionally posted it here. :D

But it's in the wrong section.

That's why forums have sections, to help organise posts into a coherent fashion.

Otherwise we may as well just have one section - and call it 'stuff'.

This is a cultural discussion and belongs in the appropriate section. Still, up for the mods to decide, and with Ukanistan getting pounded by Nu Zilland in the cricket, they've probably got bigger things to worry about.

Forumers don't often visit that section. Give me chance, for this thread only. Mod Please...
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 30, 2007
asc_26 wrote:Shafique, Christians can forgive the offender even without necessarily asking for forgiveness in person. Ref: The Lord's Prayer.

Yes, it is true that the Bible is very clear with its punishment but never heard Churches condemning the churchgoers by stoning or encouraging families to disowned female members who commit pre-marital S.3X.

Shafique, don't quote me wrong. I never said that "religion" as basis why those women opt for restoration. I replied citing Christianity teachings as forgiveness, same goes for Islam as what you've said. I never mentioned any ethnics races or whatsoever. Just read my post again.

RECOURSE: It's a culture thing. Agree or disagree?

asc - of course some Christians will forgive an unrepentant person, as Muslims might as well - but the point is that the forgiveness does not necessarily extend to letting them off the punishment (i.e. people who forgive their attackers who are languishing in jail).

Agree that it's a cultural thing and that injustices are done inspite of religious teachings.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 30, 2007
asc_26 wrote:Forumers don't often visit that section. Give me chance, for this thread only. Mod Please...

The reason why they don't visit it is because they have no interest in this crap I would guess.

Not everyone is into religion or politics (or culture) and quite frankly, it makes for bad discussion and bad blood.
^ian^

Jan 30, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
asc_26 wrote:Forumers don't often visit that section. Give me chance, for this thread only. Mod Please...

The reason why they don't visit it is because they have no interest in this crap I would guess.

Not everyone is into religion or politics (or culture) and quite frankly, it makes for bad discussion and bad blood.

I agree this topic is in the wrong section.

It also sometimes feels to me too that 99% of discussions there are as described by Ian - but hey, that's where I hang out. :)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 30, 2007
shafique wrote:It also sometimes feels to me too that 99% of discussions there are as described by Ian

You can say horseshit, it's OK! :P
^ian^

Jan 30, 2007
horseshit

Wow - what a breakthrough!

:lol:
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 30, 2007
asc_26 wrote:Yes, it is true that the Bible is very clear with its punishment but never heard Churches condemning the churchgoers by stoning or encouraging families to disowned female members who commit pre-marital S.3X.

Then I guess you are not very familiar with the early years of the Vatican and Christianity on a whole.

asc_26 wrote:RECOURSE: It's a culture thing. Agree or disagree?

I agree... it is Cultural

and this thread needs to be moved.
bear
Dubai chat master

Jan 30, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
shafique wrote:It also sometimes feels to me too that 99% of discussions there are as described by Ian

im starting to like that word ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 30, 2007
Bleakus wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

im starting to like that word ;)

First it was a.s.s.hat.
Then retard.
My word for February is horseshit.
^ian^

Jan 30, 2007
my favorite words are

Jamid
and
Chef alhaaaal

damn it.....why do i always hijack threads...just like other people hijack mine all the time ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 30, 2007
hahaha, new year new word,
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jan 30, 2007
Bleakus wrote:m
damn it.....why do i always hijack threads...just like other people hijack mine all the time ;)

This is what happens when you post threads in the wrong section.
^ian^

Jan 30, 2007
I am not the only member who intentionally posted a topic unfit for genchat and as far as I can remember it wasn’t move as per author’s request.

Moderators, decision otherwise is unfair.

Learning new words such as horseshit, ass..hat etc is appropriate for genchat topic and better than posting a topic extracted from an article in the daily paper.

And telling someone those words = very appropriate for genchat.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 30, 2007
asc_26 wrote:I am not the only member who intentionally posted a topic unfit for genchat and as far as I can remember it wasn’t move as per author’s request.

I think an exception has to be made for religious/political/cultural postings. Seriously, these can just cause too many problems, conflicts etc. I personally don't see any qualities in this discussion that set it apart from any other thread in that section.
^ian^

Jan 30, 2007
There are already injected "qualities" in this thread. Ass.hat, arse.sh!T, horsesh!t, retard etc, and so it is already appropriate for genchat.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 30, 2007
asc_26 wrote:There are already injected "qualities" in this thread. a#s.hat, arse.sh!T, horsesh!t, retard etc, and so it is already appropriate for genchat.

Actually I would say Fightclub.

And don't say arse.sh!t... it's not cool.
^ian^

Jan 30, 2007
Anyhow, back to the topic forumers.

Bear, i didn't say i am very well verse with Christianity & the Vatican though I am a Catholic. Sometimes people are more spiritual than religious, and they don't take things literally.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 30, 2007
asc_26 wrote:Bear, i didn't say i am very well verse with Christianity & the Vatican though I am a Catholic.

Thats fine... not may people are. Myself included, I've only scratched the surface, which is why I'd rather not have a long drawn out discussion on the matter. I'd have to research it and frankly don't have the concentration for it at the moment.

asc_26 wrote:Sometimes people are more spiritual than religious, and they don't take things literally.

Agreed, I would more or less be one of those people. :D
bear
Dubai chat master

Jan 30, 2007
asc_26 wrote:Really...really sad. Christianity teaches chastity and abstinence but not to condemn people particularly women who disobeyed it, because Christianity is more on FORGIVENESS. Thus, they don't need to opt for hymen restoration to deceit their husband to be.Unless (in rare cases) they opt to marry a shallow man who will only accept her as virgin.

Know enough christian girls...who were having fun before marriage..and when time of marriage came...guess what...they needed their virginity back...so don't think that only muslim girls do this...but ur right it's more a culture thing...

Francheska ur knowledge of islam==> :lol:
Legendkiller
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 30, 2007
I don't know if it is something to laugh at Leg.

One of the things I despise about humans is that they corrupt to further their goals.

I'm not sure where Franchezka is from, but I do know that its a common thing for Families and even some clerics to preach their desires and cultural rules and call them religious. Which leads to a lot of young people hating the religion they were born into. Thats why there are so many rebellious teens that are outwardly demeaning of their religion. Be it Christianity, Islam or Judaism.

I remember being told by a cleric when I was no more than 16 years old, that it is haram to have coitus with your wife while the lights were on. He went on to say that during intercourse my wife and I would have to maintain Islamic covering and that fellatio or any other form of foreplay is a sin.

And you wonder why there are so many people who hate their religion?
bear
Dubai chat master

Jan 30, 2007
Legendkiller wrote:
asc_26 wrote:Really...really sad. Christianity teaches chastity and abstinence but not to condemn people particularly women who disobeyed it, because Christianity is more on FORGIVENESS. Thus, they don't need to opt for hymen restoration to deceit their husband to be.Unless (in rare cases) they opt to marry a shallow man who will only accept her as virgin.

Know enough christian girls...who were having fun before marriage..and when time of marriage came...guess what...they needed their virginity back...so don't think that only muslim girls do this...but ur right it's more a culture thing...

Francheska ur knowledge of islam==> :lol:

LK, did you mean they are also in queue at the restoration clinic?
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 30, 2007
bear wrote:I don't know if it is something to laugh at Leg.

One of the things I despise about humans is that they corrupt to further their goals.

I'm not sure where Franchezka is from, but I do know that its a common thing for Families and even some clerics to preach their desires and cultural rules and call them religious. Which leads to a lot of young people hating the religion they were born into. Thats why there are so many rebellious teens that are outwardly demeaning of their religion. Be it Christianity, Islam or Judaism.

I remember being told by a cleric when I was no more than 16 years old, that it is haram to have coitus with your wife while the lights were on. He went on to say that during intercourse my wife and I would have to maintain Islamic covering and that fellatio or any other form of foreplay is a sin.

And you wonder why there are so many people who hate their religion?

very true and it happens a lot.
bear u made exellent points in this thread :)
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 30, 2007
It´s very funny to read this thread and this is my first article in here.

I would like to say that I hate it if somebody criticize something about the Islam and he is not checking the sense of that religion. But ok your hearth is blogged and your eyes are closed, so you can´t see the truth.

Some men are not created as monogamists and this is a thing which is scientific proved. So why should it be so bad if he marry a second woman, if he take care of her and maybe of her children. Maybe he can not love everyone like the other, but he can treat them all the same.

Is it better to do it like some Christians or other non-muslims? (I did not say ALL but some. it would be maybe better to say every second married man! had already at least two marital unfidelities like I took it from a statistic from Germany!!!) They are married and have some mistress which don´t know from each other and which don´t have any rights and think that they are the only one for this guy?? :roll:

To come back to topic, I´m against buying the virginity, the ladies maybe can lie to the people, but there is One who is watching you all the time. And with this I don´t mean just the ladies, I mean also the guys ;)

*Moonlight-Lady*
Moonlight-Lady
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 31, 2007
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Compliments.... love em

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
bear
Dubai chat master

Re: Not against Islam. The point is freedom of choice. Jan 31, 2007
Francheska wrote:People shouldn't be forced by social stigmas and religious preaches which were relevant at the time when written, but hardly applicable today.
We don't live in the 15th or the 19th centuries that you guys are using in defence of your points of views.
We live in 2007.
The Holy Books are filled with transcendent teachings - which means that no matter when they were written, they're relevance is significant in the present as in the future. Basic human characteristics don't change through time; there has always been conflict, greed, injustice, etc. There has always been a need for some sort of spiritual guidance in life, and there always will be - whether it be in the 15th century or in the year 2020.
freza
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat