110,000 Ride Dubai Metro In The First Two Days

Topic locked
110,000 ride Dubai Metro in the first two days Sep 13, 2009
WOW - Metro is on the way to success....

More than 110,000 people made a journey on Dubai Metro during its first two days of operation – almost 10 percent of the population.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/567523-1 ... t-two-days

Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 13, 2009
Well now, before you clap your little handies together and jump for joy. The majority of those people were simply joyriding the metro for the novelty factor - so it's not a true representation of people actually using it to commute! That number will drastically go down over the next couple of weeks. Give it a month, 6 weeks, then take a look at the numbers, then that will show you how many people are actually using it properly.

Plus the system already broke down twice over the weekend, leaving people stranded for 2 hours.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 13, 2009
well as a mega projects it needs times to see it's downs and Ups !!!
saeedz28
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 13, 2009
And this one certainly does go up and down and up and down - lol

However, I do have to wonder if they ever tested it with passengers on board and everything running properly before they launched it. It'll take time to bed in, but I'll let the joyriders have their fun before I attempt to use it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 14, 2009
there were big queues in major stations like MoE. if i had not car, i'd pay 30 dhs for taxi than to wait 1-2 hours for queueing!
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 14, 2009
xty wrote:there were big queues in major stations like MoE. if i had not car, i'd pay 30 dhs for taxi than to wait 1-2 hours for queueing!

We spent 50 dhrims from MoE to Deira. Were unable to get Metro on return.
Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 14, 2009
Anosh wrote:
xty wrote:there were big queues in major stations like MoE. if i had not car, i'd pay 30 dhs for taxi than to wait 1-2 hours for queueing!

Was it full????
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 15, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Anosh wrote:

Was it full????

YES - It was supposed to close @ 24:00 But on last friday the management stopped to enter @ 23:00. It was fully packed and i saw bunches of people in a queue waiting for Metro. Almost in thousands in a queue.
Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 15, 2009
Anosh wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Anosh wrote:

Was it full????

YES - It was supposed to close @ 24:00 But on last friday the management stopped to enter @ 23:00. It was fully packed and i saw bunches of people in a queue waiting for Metro. Almost in thousands in a queue.

That sounds like a bunch of people just trying to get their first ride?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 16, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Anosh wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Anosh wrote:

Was it full????

That sounds like a bunch of people just trying to get their first ride?

Most probably.
Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 16, 2009
It will settle down once they get the teething problems ironed out. I for one will use it wherever it is convenient.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat