Virgin Megastore + Clubbing In DXB In General

Topic locked
Virgin Megastore + Clubbing in DXB in general Sep 16, 2006
I don't know what's wrong with them, the staff (When found!) are helpful but for some reason they almost never have any tickets for any events in Dubai although in ads and flyers it usually says that they are available at all Virgin Megastores!

I've been passing by the branch they have at MoE every now and then for the past 2 weeks, always asking for tickets to the Ferry Corsten gig at Peppermint (Was last night) and they never had them. I went on Thursday to get them and as they always did in the past, they checked the drawer that has tickets and there were only ones for Deep @ Trilogy (Although there was a gig at Peppermint on Thursday night as well!!) .I complained to the clerk and asked if tickets will be available on Friday and she told me they should be, I asked when and she didn't know. I insisted and all she did was look at me as if I swore at her and just gave me a card with the number for customer service.

I was phoning them several times yesterday but nobody answered, I tried calling the Customer Service counter at Mercato but to no avail either. Decided eventually to go to Mercato myself hoping I'd find them there but they didn't have them either... Virgin are supposed to be one of the official sponsors of all Peppermint events... On my last trip to Lebanon I only went to one gig, if I am not mistaken tickets were sold at one of those Kodak-like stores for developing films!!!

This is also about the clubbing and nightlife scene in Dubai... There IS a nightlife scene (Thankfully), but it's so overrated. Policies are stupid...
At the door while waiting in line to get in several people were rejected. Reasons?
- Couples only
- Reservations only
- Members only
- Regulars only
- Must be above 21

Amongst others...Dam!

liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 17, 2006
Dude, log onto www.dubailook.com/forums and talk to the guys from Pepermint yourself.

I went to the Ferry Corsten event, it was great, but the crowd sucked, as soon as he started dropping the progressive trance, most of them stood there like total morons not knowing what to do, they can't cope with anything other than house music. Plus they're so badly behanved on the dance floor, I nearly got my eyes burned out by several cigarette and pint glass wielding nutters.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 17, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Dude, log onto www.dubailook.com/forums and talk to the guys from Pepermint yourself.

Its been down for a while now :(
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 30, 2006
plus you cant get stimulants :twisted:
nismo
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list