Tough Time Finding A Good BMW 5 Series

Topic locked
Tough time finding a good BMW 5 series Aug 19, 2006
Hey guys,

I have been searching for a used but good bmw 520 or 530 since quite some time.. but to no luck..

there are quite a few in the market but most of them are either importred or not agency maintained.. some of them from 2005 have very low mileage which makes me a bit skeptical about it..

i haven't been able to find a direct seller as yet.. the ones i find mostly have their mobiles switched off.

i don't know if i am not looking properly..

i have been reading these forums for a while..seems to be a nice place.. i see quite a few guys with beamers too around here.. :)

any peice of advice you could share would be apperciable.

Also incase you guys know any good decent car on sale please pm me..

emm_eye
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 19, 2006
I just looked at ads in Gulf News and picked up a 2006 model very quickly.

There were a number of 2004 530i for around 130k available. All the new shape 5 series come with 5 year free servicing with AGMC, so they should all be agency maintained unless imported.

If you get one less than 2 years old, they will still be under warranty - so an extra peace of mind there.

How much are you looking to spend? I saw a very nice 2006 530i that was fully loaded for 175k. There is also a chance that a 2004 with low mileage for 135k is still available.

My advice is just to check the Gulf News classifieds each day as new cars are advertised every day.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 20, 2006
Stay away from Awir. There are some, not many, good cars there, but I have found through experience and other people, that most of those are imports, so you have no idea what you are getting.

However, its your money, you take your chances, but if i was spending over Dhs120K for a car, i would want piece of mind what i was buying.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 22, 2006
I have a BMW 1993 M5 for sale if interested........

check out www.evolve.ae in the cars for sale thread
evolve
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto