Radar Detectors??

Topic locked
radar detectors?? Sep 15, 2010
well so has anyone here installed a radar detector in UAE and do they really work???

rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Radar Detectors?? Sep 15, 2010
Why not just keep a tad below the posted speed limit, has served me well so far.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Radar Detectors?? Sep 18, 2010
desertdudeshj wrote:Why not just keep a tad below the posted speed limit, has served me well so far.

yeaaah thats all fine but what about the mobile cameras which you dont know where they are placed and flash when you go a TAD above the speed limit (or you dont know what the speed limit is in that area because you are new to that area etc :D)...
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Radar Detectors?? Sep 18, 2010
Again, stick to the limit and use your common sense and you should be fine.
desertdudeshj

Re: radar detectors?? Sep 19, 2010
There are several technologies available, all of them are illegal in Dubai and all work perfectly well, but, when installed new, all devices are undocumented for a period and will catch you out before it’s GPS location makes it onto the relevant database, secondly the mobile and hand held devices are Laser operated and unfortunately, at the exact moment your detector has sensed the Laser signal, it’s too late, you’ve been zapped!

So as DD has already advised on two previous occasions, the only sure way to stay off the Police Radar is to drive safely, keep within the speed limit and use your common sense when unsure.
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Radar Detectors?? Sep 19, 2010
hmmmm i guess i should market the new technology in uae then which catches out every single radar there are!!!!! :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Radar Detectors?? Sep 19, 2010
Or promote more rational and safe driving.
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto