Looking For Good Workshop (Porsche / Ferrari)

Topic locked
looking for good workshop (Porsche / Ferrari) Feb 09, 2007
In uae and dubai since years now
but new in this forum. (By the way: its nice!)

driving Porsche since 1983 and everywhere on the the world almost never needed to go to a shop twice if they can not find a problem -I never rush so they will get all the time to fix it perfect!
BUT this time coming back to Dubai and want to bring my 911 to the garage I was a little bit confused: :(
Since years I wasn´t able to trust the mechanics overthere and since years they got a :D good guy as headofficer/technician AND now I came back to get an appointment AND had to find out again there was a change in the Office- what´s going on here in Dubai? Isn´t there a way to get AND keep good people in the shops? I don´t like these procedere and would like to get an answer where he´s working now.
Maybe he´s running his own shop now? Ideas?
If so -feel free to email me !

I´m not alone with this problem -spec not about THIS shop!
If anybody knows how to contact him or can contact him direct: Please tell him the black 993 from spain needs his helping hands- he will know!

Jack

mcjack
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 09, 2007
oh : his name Mikael (from NewYork?)
mcjack
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 19, 2007
...still nothing new here?

Got an Email adress, but havn´t got any reply on mails yet.

By the way: He is called Michael and is NOT from US (sorry for that) think he´s a kraut. but anyway: I would like to get in contact with this guy- maybe we can set up our own garage?
mcjack
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 19, 2007
www.porscheclubuae.com

sorry don't know your answer, but maybe the forum on the above link may be of help. good luck
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Feb 21, 2007
Try Quartermile Racing in AlQuoz. They are mostly germans there.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 22, 2007
For some reason, when the Germany (or any one else) comes here, they leave their knowledge behind as well.

Only one man was a true Porsche man, inside out, any year and model, and that man is Udo. Unfortunately, he left a few years back due to politics, but he left a very good team behind, who sadly split.

If you go to quatermile, as for Larry to work on the car, he knows his stuff.
hosrom_951
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 23, 2007
thx to all
:D ...he was reading in THIS forum and contacted me ....think he will come back soon !
:D I know not exactly what happend over there -but he is p...off...
Maybe he will come here for holiday and will "testdrive" one of mine for a week ......anyway: HE´s looking forward to work again in Dubai.

@hosrom_951 :
...waiting for news! :lol: And I know Udo & Larry & ...but it´s hard to find these Porsche-freaks here anymore- today it´s all about the money.

@ADMIN :
Well done ! Was a easy and quick search.....so you can close this one.

Thx all
mcjack
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto