Golf

Topic locked
Golf Oct 09, 2006
Guys I just bought a golf. The insurance part is one big hassle...
To start with most of the companies dont insure this car... dunno why :?

a couple of willing companies have given me outrageous quotes :shock:

anyone else in the same boat ? :cry:

dale
Dubai forums Addict

Hello mate! Oct 09, 2006
Hi there, congrats on your Golf! What model is it? engine spec etc? maybe i could help ya on that :wink:
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 09, 2006
2.0L '02, 2 door convertible
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 09, 2006
they say it falls in the same segment as the porsche :?
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Good Oct 09, 2006
Good that shouldn't be a problem, let me ask two of the reputable insurance companies i have good contacts with, tell them about your car and i will PM you tomorrow about what they said and how much will it cost you :wink:
relax :lol:
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 09, 2006
dale wrote:they say it falls in the same segment as the porsche :?

Not quite certain, I know very well what car you have....the 02 Golf converti, from front it has the new Mk4 (98-2005) shape and rear looks like previos generation Mk3 (95-97) golfs. Don't worry 2.0L should be easily insured :wink: i'll contact you tomorrow and give you the details of the companies and what they said...then you can check it out with em 8)
cheers
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 10, 2006
thanks....you are a star mate
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 10, 2006
dale wrote:2.0L '02, 2 door convertible

Well i had the same problem few years back but that was with a VW corrado with a V6 engine ! the car was a queen, but someone warned me that insurance would be a problem, so before purchasing the car I cheked with like 10 insurance companies, only 1 gave me an approval to insure it and the price was something like 2000 Dhs for a third part insurance only !! why !! they consider it a fast car !!
the funny part ma8 that some insurance companies didn't even know what was the car i was talking about !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Oct 10, 2006
I take it the car is not registered in your name yet?

Note to all: In Dubai, always make sure you check insurance prior to buying a car. hahahahahaha
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 10, 2006
yo learn with your mistakes dont you :(
dale
Dubai forums Addict

check yer inbox Oct 10, 2006
check yer inbox mate and give me a buzz :wink:
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 11, 2006
replied thx mate
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 12, 2006
dale wrote:they say it falls in the same segment as the porsche :?

Moral: Next time buy a Porsche
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 12, 2006
Palkid7 wrote:
dale wrote:2.0L '02, 2 door convertible

Well i had the same problem few years back but that was with a VW corrado with a V6 engine ! the car was a queen, but someone warned me that insurance would be a problem, so before purchasing the car I cheked with like 10 insurance companies, only 1 gave me an approval to insure it and the price was something like 2000 Dhs for a third part insurance only !! why !! they consider it a fast car !!
the funny part ma8 that some insurance companies didn't even know what was the car i was talking about !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is not the fast car part that bugs them. It is the two doors that kill the deal. According to these morons, 2 doors = dangerous sports car. My other car, an older modded Toyota Supra Turbo, is insured under my dad's name for Dhs 2000 3rd party. My 4-door old Merc 2.6 inline-6 is Dhs 600.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 12, 2006
gtmash wrote:It is not the fast car part that bugs them. It is the two doors that kill the deal. According to these morons, 2 doors = dangerous sports car. My other car, an older modded Toyota Supra Turbo, is insured under my dad's name for Dhs 2000 3rd party. My 4-door old Merc 2.6 inline-6 is Dhs 600.

Agree with you, the % I paid on my Type R is more than I pay for the 350Z.

You what? You have a Supra = YOU BUSTARD! I WANT :lol: :lol: :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 12, 2006
gtmash wrote:My other car, an older modded Toyota Supra Turbo

Which turbo Supra are we talking about here?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 12, 2006
gtmash wrote:
It is not the fast car part that bugs them. It is the two doors that kill the deal. According to these morons, 2 doors = dangerous sports car. My other car, an older modded Toyota Supra Turbo, is insured under my dad's name for Dhs 2000 3rd party. My 4-door old Merc 2.6 inline-6 is Dhs 600.

Everywhere else in the world the insurance is low for two doors because the risk is lower in case you accidently open the door in the middle of the road :lol:
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 12, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
gtmash wrote:My other car, an older modded Toyota Supra Turbo

Which turbo Supra are we talking about here?

I have a 1987 Twin Turbo with '91 2.5 1JZ-GTE conversion and other mods. It passed Tasjeel for one year at least, somehow (although it failed Shamil).
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 16, 2006
gtmash wrote:I have a 1987 Twin Turbo with '91 2.5 1JZ-GTE conversion and other mods. It passed Tasjeel for one year at least, somehow (although it failed Shamil).

Old skool - niiice.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 16, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
gtmash wrote:I have a 1987 Twin Turbo with '91 2.5 1JZ-GTE conversion and other mods. It passed Tasjeel for one year at least, somehow (although it failed Shamil).

Old skool - niiice.

Hehe. It just now got a dent in the rear bumper, but the Hyundai Coupe which rammed it got cancelled.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 20, 2006
guys am paying 600dhs for my 2 door civic hachback :D

piece of advice to all u 2 door car owners here. when u going to renew ur car just go to ur insurance ppl and tell them look i havent had any accident for a year and i didnt make u loose any money for a year so could u guys sort me out with a discount. they will check ur records and if ur rite u ll be sorted with a cheaper insurance like mine.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 21, 2006
rudeboy wrote:guys am paying 600dhs for my 2 door civic hachback :D

piece of advice to all u 2 door car owners here. when u going to renew ur car just go to ur insurance ppl and tell them look i havent had any accident for a year and i didnt make u loose any money for a year so could u guys sort me out with a discount. they will check ur records and if ur rite u ll be sorted with a cheaper insurance like mine.

...or just get a Civic hatchback...
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto