Looking For Accomodation

Topic locked
Looking for accomodation Jul 20, 2006
Hi everyone!

Im from Singapore and I will be coming to Dubai for work in august and would wish to stay near my office which is along AlMankhool Street. I have a housing budget of AED 52k, so could anyone advise which area will be the nearest to my office and what kind of accomodation can my budget get me.

Thanks a million!

adnerb
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 20, 2006
Unfortunately in that area it is highly unlikely you'll get your own place within your budget, Your best bet would be get a 2br and share.

good luck and welcome to DXB :)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jul 20, 2006
fayz wrote:Unfortunately in that area it is highly unlikely you'll get your own place within your budget, Your best bet would be get a 2br and share.

good luck and welcome to DXB :)

Fayz, is it impossible to get a 1BKH or even a studio for that amount in or around the street mentioned ?
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 20, 2006
I do know one person who is paying 46k on Mankhool road for a 1 bedroom but he got it as a sublease so there is a chance but I would say you'd have a higher probability of winning the lottery. Housing here is just a pain.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jul 20, 2006
hey thanks fayz!

yups, heard tat getting a cheap and good housing has odds worse than striking lottery...

what about further away, but within travelling dist of 10 - 15 mins by taxi or car. i guess i prefer to stay alone.
adnerb
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 24, 2006
the problem adnerb is 15 mins is not really 15 mins far.. not to confuse you, i mean is the ever irritating traffic jams.

which is why if you choose to stay even a bit further, the time to reach your office, multiplies exponnetially.

sorry to interrupt the conversation but Fayz is so correct. however, i would like to see more positive mails like some those who posted here and got a home.. it sucks to see only mails from prospective owners with failure ratio 100%. i know it hurts, coz i am still searching..
star
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai