Living In Sharjah Or Abu Dharbi Vs Dubai

Topic locked
Living in Sharjah or Abu Dharbi vs Dubai Apr 02, 2008
Hi all,

I'm looking at moving to Dubai from New Zealand in the next few months, and was wondering about living in Abu Dhabi or Sharjah and commuting to work in Dubai.

Can someone tell me about the cost of renting in Abu Dhabi or Sharjah? I'd probably live in shared accomodation with other expats.

Is it feasible to commute to Dubai or is it just too much hassle? I won't have a car initially so will have to take a taxi or bus. Can someone please tell me about the cost of taking a bus or taxi?

I've heard that although Abhu Darbi is further away, it would actually take less time to get to Dubai than from Sharjah because of the traffic. Is this correct, or does it really depend on where my work is in Dubai?

Thanks in advance.

martin987
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Apr 02, 2008
Well I know a few people that do those sort of commutes, but they all hate it as the traffic is terrible. Using taxis will definately be a problem a during rush hour many will refuse to take you to another emirate, because it takes them so long to get there and back, and they are not allowed to pick up other customers to bring back - stupid I know, but Dubai taxis can't pick up in Sharjah and so on and so forth.

Taxi to AD, I think around 200 Dhs last time I checked.

Abu Dhabi these days is not much cheaper than Dubai, whereas Sharjah or Ajman even is still quite alot below, but even they are coming up on their prices now.

Really depends whether you want to waste probably 3 or 4 hours in traffic everyday, or put the money you would spend on those journeys towards renting in Dubai.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai