Dogs

Topic locked
Dogs Jan 02, 2007
Does anyone have any experience of relocating to Dubai and renting an apartment/house with a dog? We've been told that it may cause problems but have up to 98,000 dirhams for rental.

Any suggestions? We would need something near Festival City.

Thanks

Mez
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 03, 2007
I have no experience of finding accommodation with dogs, but i have met quite a few folks who live in villas with there much cherished dogs (one lady I met had three of her own dogs in a rental villa).

I would say that as you are both working + have the 98k housing allowance you could top up by 20 / 30 k and get a villa with a garden.

As a side note there are a few Vets around town as well.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Jan 03, 2007
Thanks, Jabbajabba - everyone has been nothing but positive, which really helps as he would be a deal breaker and we were thinking that we wouldn't be able to bring him.

Do you know what Festival City is like? Where would be a good place to rent a villa that would be good commuting distance, bearing in mind the dreadful traffic jams!
Mez
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 03, 2007
Hi Mez,

Location really depends on where work will be. It really makes a massive difference as sometimes you can give live a bit further and travel in the opposite direction to the main flow or you can live close to your work but sit there for two hours to get 10 minutes up the road.

Do you have some areas on where you may be working?

JJ
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Jan 03, 2007
Hey Jabba - yes, the school's in Festival City but not sure if there's any accommodation there .. not even too sure where that is!! Guess I need to do a little more homework, eh???
Mez
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai