All People From Jbr...or Thinking Of Living There..

Topic locked
all people from jbr...or thinking of living there.. Jan 05, 2008
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 05, 2008
Seems to be a reasonably growing forum.

They should ask Dubai Properties for some help.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 06, 2008
i was thinking of buying there, i thought Emaar had issues but after reading the jbr forum it seems there are even bigger bandits out there.

Thanks geeza for the heads up, i owe you a drink.

Seems to be a reasonably growing forum.

They should ask Dubai Properties for some help.

The consensus of opinion Ian, seems that they may as well not bother, DP seems to care little about customer service even less than Emaar or Nakheel. With such bad reviews on a public forum, they need to get their act together, they are down one customer already.

Better the devil you know than the devil you dont, so i shall stick with the big boys.
arniegang

Jan 06, 2008
There are bandits all over the city, not just in JBR...

Be careful out there!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 07, 2008
arniegang wrote:The consensus of opinion Ian, seems that they may as well not bother, DP seems to care little about customer service even less than Emaar or Nakheel. With such bad reviews on a public forum, they need to get their act together, they are down one customer already.

There's no studios or 1 bedrooms left I hear, but to be honest, you only ever hear from the people who have problems.

I'm not going to defend DP on this front, there are genuine lapses of customer service here, but this is there first project they've handed over also. However, when you consider in the space of a few months JBR gained an estimated 8000 residents... it puts pressure on any system.

Emaar were hopeless in their early days, I have friends who own in the Greens who says Emril are shocking. We all know the customer service woes Nakheel have had in the paper, so DP is no different. If you've spoken to anyone who owns in Damac, you will also hear they're no better.

Bear in mind, these ARE the top 4 developers. Coming online shortly are the developments from the other 170 in Dubai... and who knows what to expect their in terms of customer service.

I'm not saying Dubai Properties treatment of its customers in some areas are forgivable (and being a lot closer to it than some, I know the problems on both sides of the fence) but it's a huge mindshift in this market for companies to start thinking about their customers living their not just buying their. They're learning, but slowly.

Edit: And yes, I know we all have higher expectations that we have imported from our developing countries, but customer service is a nationwide problem for the UAE, no matter how many staff you employ.
^ian^

Jan 07, 2008
I've bought there very recently, so has one of my friends.

We both love the place and I personally think it will be THE no.1 location in dubai once the beaches and shops are complete and occupancy is higher.

I can leave my apartment and be on the beach within 2 minutes, or sat sipping a cold beer watching the sun go down at the hilton/oasis/sheraton.

How good is that?

Are there teething problems, quality issues, delays - YES. Was anyone niave enough to think there wouldn't be??
john smith
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 07, 2008
Dont get me wrong Arnie...I love the place.
Just takes time to get things done.
But thats dubai for you!
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 07, 2008
I do concede to agreeing with Ian totally, he has a fair point and his assessment was fair.

At the end of the day i guess "you pays your money and take your choice".

I have to say for all Emaars faults our kitchens are of a high quality with built in appliances. I have been over JBR and i agreed with the JBR forum posts with this respect. Why oh why didnt they spend an extra 10000dhs and fit built in appliances.
arniegang

Jan 07, 2008
john smith wrote:I've bought there very recently, so has one of my friends.

We both love the place and I personally think it will be THE no.1 location in dubai once the beaches and shops are complete and occupancy is higher.

I can leave my apartment and be on the beach within 2 minutes, or sat sipping a cold beer watching the sun go down at the hilton/oasis/sheraton.

How good is that?

Are there teething problems, quality issues, delays - YES. Was anyone niave enough to think there wouldn't be??

I totally agree with you and it is in this respect i am considering a 2 bed.
arniegang

Jan 07, 2008
Yep, the kitchen is an issue. I don't know whether fully fitted kitchens were an option. but there certainly doesn't seem to be any!

I've just spent the last couple of weeks, buying matching granite and wood and fitting my own built-in appliances - my kitchen now looks as it should have originally!
john smith
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 07, 2008
It is true that you generally only hear about people who complain and never about the ones that are happy. So here is another one about being happy at JBR.

JBR is a nice place and its a great area. I agree with John that lifestyle is one of the best things about it. The shops would be great onace it all opens and its a fairly nice environment for the kids to run around in.

For all its issues and problems-and lets face it, how many places do not have its fair share of problems?-JBR is a nice community to live in.

Sometimes it feels claustrophobic (the place is a bit like a prison when you are used to open spaces and spacious villas), but I love my flat there.

Problems with DP and Idama? yes it is frustrating and seemingly endless, but this is Dubai we are talking about. Its not exactly known for prompt service. At least most of the time, it is being delivered with a smile.

My two cents worth.
abarawakijess
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 12, 2008
Don't know much about JBR, apart from the fact that it is the ugliest looking development thus far in Dubai
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai