Accomodation Near Internet City

Topic locked
Accomodation near Internet City Apr 05, 2006
Hi there all,

Does anyone have any suggestions of decent accomodation near Internet City. I'm moving to Dubai in May and it seems that I may be working there. Have 110k AED to spend per year and would like 2 bedrooms, pool and air-con.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks
Shaun

ShaunB
Dubai Forum User

Apr 05, 2006
The Marina and the Springs are within 10 mins of DIC
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 05, 2006
Don't forget The Greens.

The Greens and Marina are apartments. The Springs are villas (a.k.a townhouses).
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 05, 2006
My mistake ohhh be one

K is correct also the Greens

:wink: :wink: :wink:
arniegang

greens or marina Apr 11, 2006
greens or marina..

did u say air con? lol.. i doubt u'll find any place here without an aircon

contact me on info@dubaipropertyboom.com if you need help locating one.
dpb
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 12, 2006
kanelli wrote:Don't forget The Greens.

The Greens and Marina are apartments. The Springs are villas (a.k.a townhouses).

Greens community are also villa oriented. But with 110k budget it'll be a stretch (impossible) to get into a villa by urself near by DMC/DIC.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 12, 2006
Oh, and u have the Lakes, and Meadows to consider as well.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 12, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
kanelli wrote:Don't forget The Greens.

Greens community are also villa oriented. But with 110k budget it'll be a stretch (impossible) to get into a villa by urself near by DMC/DIC.

living in springs...which is 10 mins away...2 bedroom with a great yard/garden...paying 85 grand a year for it...expected to go upto 100 by end of this year...it is possible....frankly i rather much prefer a villa over an appartment...even though if you take an apprtment in the greens...your aircon and water are included in the deal...meaning you dont have to pay for it every month....though the greens are very generic looking...but amenities are closer to get to...
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 30, 2006
saharzie wrote:The Greens are very generic looking? And you live in the Springs? The Springs is like something from the Truman show - only blander.

Its true! A friend of mine had a piece of stage lighting land in his garden just the other day!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 30, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:
saharzie wrote:The Greens are very generic looking? And you live in the Springs? The Springs is like something from the Truman show - only blander.

Its true! A friend of mine had a piece of stage lighting land in his garden just the other day!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

:lol:

Everything looks generic here - it is just a matter of whether you like apartment or house living.

In the Springs, Lakes, Meadows villas you can make the yard look nice, and there are lakes and parks nearby. In my opinion this is much better than living in an apartment :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 30, 2006
kanelli wrote:Everything looks generic here - it is just a matter of whether you like apartment or house living.

In the Springs, Lakes, Meadows villas you can make the yard look nice, and there are lakes and parks nearby. In my opinion this is much better than living in an apartment :)

Kinda funny how it all looks so generic here :)

Personally, I prefer a villa over an appartment at this point of my life. A villa is yours, you do not have to get into any elevators, you do not have to see other people if you don't want to, you have your own little yeard that you can make into your own style, etc...

But it is all dependant on you of course. A young single person would probably want an appartment over a villa. A married couple could go both ways. A family (even small) would probably be better off in a villa.

But I gotta add to this, I have done the math and boy'o'boy villas can be much more expensive to run than an appartment.

Most appartments come with fridge, stove, washer/dryer, and dishwasher. A villa doesn't.

Most appartments have AC included or the AC in the hall is so strong, it conveiniantly lowers yours. Villas, AC not included.

Most appartments are cheaper to run than similarly sized villas because you do not wash your car with your own water nor do you have a yard to water and, in some cases, if you have yoiur own pool in a villa... G'Luck with the bills :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 01, 2006
Thanks for all the replies. I guess I should explore the apartment options also. Anyway, I'll be landing in Dubai on Friday, so I'll be able to check things out personelly soon. Looking forward to it.
ShaunB
Dubai Forum User

Moving to Dubai May 02, 2006
Shaun,

I sent you a PM a while ago, do you receive it?

When you arrive on friday i would love to be able to meet with you to discuss your various accomodation options and to see if there is anyway to help you get started over here.

Let me know if you need any help - you might want to try on your own first!?

Best wishes

Ashley
at@echo-xpats.com
thorntonashley
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 03, 2006
Hi,

I did get your PM, thanks. My company is organising a relocation firm to help me find somewhere. So, I'll it to them for now but if I need help, I will definately get in touch.

Cheers,
Shaun
ShaunB
Dubai Forum User

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai