Thanks To All AND Attestation

Topic locked
Thanks to all AND attestation Apr 05, 2006
Firstly thanks to the OPs on this site and the great answers given by the regulars. The information has helped me to decide to accept a job offer in Dubai.

I do have a Question however on attestation. I have seen the posts on the new changes with regards to EmiratesPost however the UAE embassy in Australia is telling me they know nothing about it and that I still have to go through them.

Is EmirtaesPost the ONLY way or can you get it attested in your own country instead? This point does not seem clear.

scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 05, 2006
thank you and welcome and good luck.

If you use the search function above type in attestation, there was a informative post last week i think on the new process.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

kill one bird with two stones Apr 05, 2006
as it stands have had 2 different pro's give me different stories in the last 2 week; one saying that only the new attestation (through Empost) will be accepted, the other saying that both are accepted. the general consensus being that Empost attestation is accepted.

Empost is only in the UAE, so the norm is that the documents are submitted personally to them or via a friend or aquaintence (in the UAE). They will only take the original document!

Same applies to the UAE/ Saudi consulate in your home country, they will only attest the original document.

i'd suggest that if you have the time, resources and finance - then do both. it normally takes a while for their new regulations to iron themselves out - and even filter down to the people who do the job
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Apr 05, 2006
The best way to do it is at your country cuz will need to stamp it from you state dept. 1st u apply for attestation in the UAE embassy.
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

new rule Apr 05, 2006
that's what we are saying..... the new rule ... attestation by empost "apparently" does away with all previous atttestations and certifications - even by the state department/ dept of homeland affairs or even the department of education in the country that the qualification was attained in .....

fairly confusing by any standards .... so confusing that the dept of labour doesn't even know!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Apr 06, 2006
The basic idea that they want the Labor Ministry in UAE to recognize the certificate and since it is a gov entity then u must deal with a gov entity therefore they need a stamp from their embassy cuz this is the only stamp they know isn't fake for sure. So bottom line is do whatever u need to do to stamp it from the UAE where ever you live.
They have enforced this new law cuz they found out that some certificates were fake.
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

update Apr 06, 2006
Wafaey wrote:The basic idea that they want the Labor Ministry in UAE to recognize the certificate and since it is a gov entity then u must deal with a gov entity therefore they need a stamp from their embassy cuz this is the only stamp they know isn't fake for sure. So bottom line is do whatever u need to do to stamp it from the UAE where ever you live.
They have enforced this new law cuz they found out that some certificates were fake.

what you are describing is the old system - which, until 2 months ago had been in place for the last three years. they have now handed/ outsourced the attestation process to empost as they were continually getting certificates with false attestations from the applicants home country - as there are many bogus/ scam attestation agencies in india, philapinnes and sri lanka.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Apr 07, 2006
Ok - what I will do is have the degrees attested by the UAE embassy in Australia. My Dubai employer has said this is quicker, easier and cheaper.

When I get to Dubai - if i have any problems with the new/old system I will post back to this thread with the info.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Update Apr 27, 2006
It's not even easy here!

Before sending the docs to the embassy you have to get them validated from the student centre at your university, or if a private institution i.e Bond or another college you have to go to a notary public ($60) then you have to go to the Department of Foreign Affairs and get them authenticated $20 then send them to the USE embassy in Canberra $60.

So now my degrees have three big seals on them in addition to the original.

I'm arriving in Dubai Tuesday! Lets hope there are no more attestation issues.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 27, 2006
Well done Scarlet, you will find nothing "easy" in Dubai, they do like their paparwork. It keeps people in jobs that dont want to work :lol:

Good luck.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Update Apr 28, 2006
scarlet wrote:It's not even easy here!

Before sending the docs to the embassy you have to get them validated from the student centre at your university, or if a private institution i.e Bond or another college you have to go to a notary public ($60) then you have to go to the Department of Foreign Affairs and get them authenticated $20 then send them to the USE embassy in Canberra $60.

So now my degrees have three big seals on them in addition to the original.

I'm arriving in Dubai Tuesday! Lets hope there are no more attestation issues.

That looks right good luck Scarlet.
Hope u will have a safe flight to here and enjoy ur stay
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 28, 2006
Scarlet, are they stamps or seals? Also, can you get them put on the back so they aren't ruining the degree certificate itself?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 28, 2006
kanelli wrote:Scarlet, are they stamps or seals? Also, can you get them put on the back so they aren't ruining the degree certificate itself?

Well they stamp it on the back.
And you should get another copy of ur certifiacte so u will have a clean one
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 28, 2006
Yeah, but my two degree certificates are nice and for framing - they aren't just a list of my grades and statement of degree completion. It is really too bad if they deface the certificates :(
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 28, 2006
the stamp the back of the certificate - it doesn't deface it at all..
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Apr 29, 2006
NO ORIGINALS!! In Australia Notary Republic views originals, gold seals and signs copies (fee charged), then go to DFAT (dept of foreign affairs and trade) and they stamp and sign the copies, basically verifying the notary republic's stuff (fee charged) then you post to Canberra(registered post with self-addressed registered post bag included) to UAE Embassy who stick stamps-worth less than the amount you have paid them I might add!! on the copied documents. You do not need the originals beyond the notary republic!! Then you get here, after being told that is all you need to do, and the Aussie consulate signs the copies again and my husband took them into some UAE govt dept for me and got them stamped and signed again!! (2 more fees again...UAE is understandable but what were our Aussie taxes used for???)
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 12, 2006
Well I promised I'd report back to what happened with this process.

Got my degrees back here with NO stamps from the UAE side. Company still had to pay for attestation here 500 AED. So in future I would say do not bother with the process and cost before coming out here.

Didn't speed things up either.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum