Anyone Need A Canoe?

Topic locked
Anyone need a canoe? Mar 27, 2009
Amazingly after all the rain, the roads around my area were not turned into lakes this year, have they managed to improve the road drainage in some areas I wonder?

Usually I have a great time ploughing through huge puddles in my Range, but not much 'Sport' this year!

Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 29, 2009
heavy rains are unusual for this country....

just look at the roads.... damn...getting damaged...

imagine if its teeming for days!!!!!

:lol:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Mar 30, 2009
forecast says more rain :S
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 31, 2009
Yea I've noticed it too, the drains are workin fine, and everytin seems quite alrit! The City planning department seems to have got things right!
Kudos to the muncipality as well!

Except at the Knowledge Village, where even the slightest shower gets the place all flooded!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 31, 2009
I unintentionally ploughed through a big puddle on the way to work the other morning. It sent up this huge wave of water that completely soaked a guy walking on the footpath. I looked back to see him standing with his arms out looking at me furiously.

ha! I totally didn't mean to do it but it was funny as. Poor guy though, what a way to start the day :-)
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 31, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:I unintentionally ploughed through a big puddle on the way to work the other morning. It sent up this huge wave of water that completely soaked a guy walking on the footpath. I looked back to see him standing with his arms out looking at me furiously.

ha! I totally didn't mean to do it but it was funny as. Poor guy though, what a way to start the day :-)

Haha! I did this too, really unintentional, as I ALWAYS slow down for pedestrians. But the schadenfreude is too huge not to chuckle while you feel horrified and sorry at the same time.....

Also I drenched a car that was spotless and gingerly driving through a huge puddle as I drove past him, he was obviously trying to keep his car from getting dirty....that one I just found funny.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 31, 2009
I wonder how much you will be laughing when some fool does the same thing to you?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 31, 2009
It happens, there was always a huge puddle on a busy road near my house in UK (guess there still is). the number of times I didn't make it past before the next car came along or I just forgot to look behind me as I walked past it....

So there!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 31, 2009
Also, yesterday I was walking past the same spot and I heard a car coming up fast behind me. I quickly jumped a metre to the right and turned around... to see a guy in a car easily missing the puddle and him and a guy walking behind me looking at me like I was mental. ha!

Not quite as bad as getting splashed... but like I said, it was unintentional.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat