ELLO ELLO Where Is The So Called FREEDOM OF SPEECH EY

Topic locked
ELLO ELLO Where is the so called FREEDOM OF SPEECH EY Feb 25, 2009
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/fe ... -expulsion

lets try to stick to this topic and not drift off..

just want to know where is the freedom of speech now? he made his opinion about the holocast, which some ppl didnt like and he got kicked out and now hes back in UK, the gov might take further actions against him :S

lol WTF didnt know if you expressed your views about the holocast you would be put in jailed or even expelled from a country lol

rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 25, 2009
wow. interesting bit. suprisingly only selected groups are allowed to research about the holocast :S like WTF. i guess these selected groups are JEWISH???????
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 01, 2009
There's no such thing as absolute freedom of speech anywhere since almost anyone can find a way to feel insulted about something. Therefore countries draw up rules about what is considered inflammatory / slanderous / libellous. The logical way to deal with restrictions you don't like is to either change them or go somewhere else. The laziest way is to bleat about them somewhere that allows you to, like that fine promotor of fictional journalism - The Guardian, or anonymously in an online forum, or even better is to incite others to feel insulted for you.

Many countries have restrictions on holocaust denial commentary. That's wrong if you believe in absolute freedom of speech but the other side of the coin is that such beliefs have little factual support, and are insulting. It's also worth looking at the countries that do support restrictions - they do so as overcompensation for their embarrassing support of the Nazi movement.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 01, 2009
He made those comments in Germany where it is a crime to deny the Holocaust.

I personally think 6 million is hugely exaggerated - but even if it was 600,000 it's still too many.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 01, 2009
The Germans are very sensitive about their past and I believe that any NAZI insignia is also banned.

Personally I believe that the views of people like Richard Williamson and David Irving should be heard. It is their opinion.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 01, 2009
Del wrote:He made those comments in Germany where it is a crime to deny the Holocaust.

I personally think 6 million is hugely exaggerated - but even if it was 600,000 it's still too many.

Some throw around the number as being 17 million. No doubt, lots of people were killed, but to give Hitler credit for having the efficiency to kill millions is just plain propaganda. Was there a computerised census done by Hitler on how many Jews the Nazis killed? Even TODAY, no one even knows how many Iraqis were killed in Bush's war.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat