How To Get A Residence Visa For My Son

Topic locked
How to get a Residence Visa for my son Sep 12, 2007
Hi Forum Master!!

Can u advise me how can I get a residence visa for my son? My husband has only 2k aed salary /month and mine is 3k. Both is including accom en transpo..if ever i'll buy a residence visa for him how and where can I do this?..who can I contact to..

Please please advise me!! Thanks in advance!!

Venalyn Lepasana
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 12, 2007
Have moved this to expat.

You will find more info & help here.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: How to get a Residence Visa for my son Sep 12, 2007
Venalyn Lepasana wrote:Hi Forum Master!!

Can u advise me how can I get a residence visa for my son? My husband has only 2k aed salary /month and mine is 3k. Both is including accom en transpo..if ever i'll buy a residence visa for him how and where can I do this?..who can I contact to..

Please please advise me!! Thanks in advance!!

I have info on getting visa for your parents. Perhaps if you call the number listed they can guide you further.

Good luck.

Obtain a resident visa for your parents
Criteria
UAE expatriates, holding valid resident visas having a minimum salary of AED 6,000 with accommodation or AED 7,000 without accommodation can get one year renewable resident visas for their parents.

As per new regulations, you have to sponsor both your mother and father together and show proof that you are their sole provider and that there is no one to take care of them in your home country. However, if your parents are divorced or one is deceased, you should carry documentary proof, when visiting DNRD to obtain the entry permit visa, which is the first stage before you can apply for a residence visa.

Dubai.ae tip: The same rule applies for your in-laws. This means that you can sponsor your father/mother in-law in case your spouse does not fall within the income bracket.

Documents required for entry visa
• Application form
• Original passport of sponsor
• Passport copy of parent/s
• Proof of relationship from your embassy/consulate attesting both relationship and that you are sole provider for your parent/s
• Copy of job contract for the sponsor or salary certificate from employer.

August 2007 update

At least 3 passport photos are required as per new regulations. See media update.

Procedure:
• Take the documents and go to Dubai Naturalisation & Residency Department (04 398 0000). Submit along with a letter from your side appealing on humanitarian grounds for entry visa for your parent/s. Enclose copies of all above documents along with your contact numbers. The Approval Committee will either confirm or reject your application within two weeks. If approved, go to next step.
• Have a registered typist complete the form after paying the fees.
• Go to the residency section of DNRD and hand in the documents.
• Entry Permit will be sent by Empost usually within 48 hours, or if you have applied for urgent visa, then you should receive it from the counter in a few minutes.

Fees:

- AED 5,000 refundable deposit for each parent
- AED 110 application fee + typing centre fee (or pay AED 100 more for urgent application)

Convert entry visa to residence visa for parents

Once your parents enter the country with the entry visa, you must convert it to a residency visa no later than 60 days from the date of entry.

Documents required for residence visa
• Application form
• Original passport of parent/s and sponsor
• Original entry permit
• Health card or medical insurance policy for parent/s
• Refundable deposit receipt
• Original job contract or salary certificate of the sponsor

Procedure:
• Do a health check up and obtain a medical card.
• Take the documents and go to Dubai Naturalisation & Residency Department
• Have one of the typists there complete the form for you after paying the fees.
• Go to the residency section and hand in the documents.
• The passport with the residency visa stamp will be sent to you through Empost.

Fees:

- AED 110 residency fees each year + typing centre fee
- AED 100 urgent application (optional)
- AED 10 Impost fees

Dubai.ae tip: Do remember to keep the refundable deposit receipt safe as you have to show it every year, when you renew the residence visa for your parents, or if you need to claim a reimbursement once the visa is cancelled. Also carry copies of all documents and at least 6 passport photos of each applicant when you visit the DNRD.

p.s. all the above from http://www.dubai.ae/en.portal
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2007
see ^^^
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Thank you! Sep 12, 2007
Hi!!

Is this also possible for sponsoring my son?..
It is not our parents who we will sponsor but our son but in combined salaries we got..
Venalyn Lepasana
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Thank you! Sep 12, 2007
Venalyn Lepasana wrote:Hi!!

Is this also possible for sponsoring my son?..
It is not our parents who we will sponsor but our son but in combined salaries we got..

Criteria for sponsoring a family for men is 3K + accom, or 4k without accom, last I checked. Some female professions are also allowed to do this, like nurses and teachers. Can't say if combining is allowed if female is not in a preferred profession.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 12, 2007
Better yet,

Go to this site: http://www.dnrd.gov.ae/Dnrd/Transaction ... rvices#C46

all answers there.

Click "english" version.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2007
^^i dont see an 'english' button
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 12, 2007
cheap_Deal wrote:^^i dont see an 'english' button

Top left avove sheik mo's head!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2007
funny, the 'english' link is not visible in firefox but its there in IE.
anyone else see that?
screenshots

cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum