UK Production Shrank At A Rapid Pace

Topic locked
UK production shrank at a rapid pace Feb 08, 2009
UK production shrank at a rapid pace in the final three months of last year, prompting economists to say that the decline in economic output in the fourth quarter of 2008 might have been even deeper than previously thought.

Production fell by 4.5 per cent between October and December last year, according to the Office of National Statistics, compared to the third quarter of 2008.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/45bbf146-f439 ... ck_check=1

uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 08, 2009
Oh, now you want to talk about production rate. Lets start with the locals productivity. Are you sure you wanna go down that road, firefingers?
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 08, 2009
Good morning k-dog, those headlines surly got your attention huh, well I'm not posting to compare countries, I know UK is better than the hall world in everything, I'm just posting cuz someone here said those sort of posts are for global economic knowledge so take it like it is written.
uaekid

Feb 08, 2009
I still do not see your point here.

Why have you posted the same reply on 3 threads?
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 08, 2009
bcz k-dog think I wana compare countries and I'm not. I'm just posting cuz the headlines got my attention.

If the are British of those posts ,I'm sure the moderators will edit them
uaekid

Feb 08, 2009
I could trawl the web for "crisis" stories all day....but WHAT IS YOUR POINT???

Nobody is disputing these stories and reads about them everyday.

Just like we read about "There is no crisis here" stories in the local media. The difference is that we don't believe it! We think they are lying and we are here to discuss

Do you see my point???????
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: UK production shrank at a rapid pace Feb 08, 2009
uaekid wrote:UK production shrank at a rapid pace in the final three months of last year, prompting economists to say that the decline in economic output in the fourth quarter of 2008 might have been even deeper than previously thought.

Production fell by 4.5 per cent between October and December last year, according to the Office of National Statistics, compared to the third quarter of 2008.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/45bbf146-f439 ... ck_check=1

UK economy
UK unemployment
UK companies
British Investors
UK production

(and there
are
other
threads
you
started
are
either about the
UK
or
British expatriates in UAE)

These are your last few threads that show you spend considerable time to read and research. However, you seem to ‘ONLY’ concentrate on the UK and those people from the UK..

At the world food day which recently concluded, the former UN secretary general, K. Annan said 10000 children in the 3rd w countries are poised to die of malnutrition each day.

Rather than focusing on one thing day-night, I thought, you as a Muslim, would spare a little time to write may be a line about those countries that will be hit harder by the economic crisis, considering the aid they receive from western donors may as well be cut all together..?
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat