Hamas Tsunami

Topic locked
Hamas Tsunami Jan 28, 2006
Do you read the news?
If yes what do you think of the Palestinian elections and it's result?

Pals
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Hamas Tsunami Jan 28, 2006
Pals wrote:Do you read the news?
If yes what do you think of the Palestinian elections and it's result?

It was time for a change. Fatah was corrupt, especially the old guard. Hamas will clean up internal finances and create a better working and controled country.

As for external relations. Maybe Hamas will be better in giving Palestine a better deal....

Palestine voted, made a choice and bravo. Democracy at work. If people are not happy, well too bad.... We don't like Blair, Bush, and Howard but we have no choice but to acknowledge their presence and talk to them.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 28, 2006
This is an interesting development and I hope that there will be a positive outcome.

The ANC and Mandela were branded as terrorists and eventually gained political power. Israel came into being after terrorists blew up the King David hotel and members of the Ergun organisation who were responsible made it to government (I'm sure that you all know that the King David hotel was the first terrorist act of modern times! I hope I'm not the only person who sees the irony of this)

What does get very little coverage though is what Hamas does on the ground - it has clinics, schools and does more to help ordinary Palestinians than other charities or organisations.

To avoid any confusion though, let me categorically state that I condemn any act of terror that targets innocent civilians. Suicide bombings are totally outside the pale of Islam in my book and the deliberate killing of women and children cannot be condoned (regardless of creed or colour).

I therefore unreservedly condemn all the acts of terror conducted or condoned by Hamas. I also unreservedly condemn all the acts of terror committed against the Palestinian people. I pray that a solution may be found that is peaceful.

Cheers

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 28, 2006
shafique wrote:This is an interesting development and I hope that there will be a positive outcome.

The ANC and Mandela were branded as terrorists and eventually gained political power. Israel came into being after terrorists blew up the King David hotel and members of the Ergun organisation who were responsible made it to government (I'm sure that you all know that the King David hotel was the first terrorist act of modern times! I hope I'm not the only person who sees the irony of this)

What does get very little coverage though is what Hamas does on the ground - it has clinics, schools and does more to help ordinary Palestinians than other charities or organisations.

To avoid any confusion though, let me categorically state that I condemn any act of terror that targets innocent civilians. Suicide bombings are totally outside the pale of Islam in my book and the deliberate killing of women and children cannot be condoned (regardless of creed or colour).

I therefore unreservedly condemn all the acts of terror conducted or condoned by Hamas. I also unreservedly condemn all the acts of terror committed against the Palestinian people. I pray that a solution may be found that is peaceful.

Cheers

Shafique

Shafique... You are awesome!!!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 29, 2006
Hamas is responsible for the relative calm that accompanied the unliateral withdrawl of Israeli occupying forces from Gaza strip. They also haveen been responsible for some great social programs in Gaza and the west bank.

I think armed resistance against the occupying forces is a right for every Palestinian and no one can take that away. However for Hamas to not isolate Palestine from the international arena and getting the much needed aid from the donor countries they should detach the political entity from the militant group.

I hope that Hamas will be able to fix things internally and do something about the poverty, unemployment and deteroirating social status of the Palestinians.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums